POB

I won't say everbody, but I see a LOT of posters talking about POB coming in and taking the starting job...or pushing Tommy so he gets better...etc, etc, etc.

Wasn't Stanton supposed to do that....or Darlington.....or Bush...and wasn't Tommy supposed to push Martinez or replace him?

POB hasn't taken a single snap even in practice at UN-L.

Am I missing something about him that transcends the other wunderkinds that have come here, and gone?

I hope he's the real deal, but such confidence in a mostly unknown skill baffles me.

I won't say everbody, but I see a LOT of posters talking about POB coming in and taking the starting job...or pushing Tommy so he gets better...etc, etc, etc.

Wasn't Stanton supposed to do that....or Darlington.....or Bush...and wasn't Tommy supposed to push Martinez or replace him?

POB hasn't taken a single snap even in practice at UN-L.

Am I missing something about him that transcends the other wunderkinds that have come here, and gone?

I hope he's the real deal, but such confidence in a mostly unknown skill baffles me.

I always bring this up to people they always hang their hats on the big gunslinging quarterback that is going to be the next stud in Nebraska....POB may come in and be a better passer than Tommie but that isn't saying much! The thing you have going with POB is he has already bought into the system...Tommie not so much he's made poor choices all season on and off the field that have hurt the team. I guess time will tell

It's always the backup QB that is the next best thing. We heard that about Bush in the early spring until he pooped the bed in the spring game. I'm hopeful POB can come in and shine, but honestly that's too much to expect from a true frosh.

Josh Rosen.

Good example. Yes it's hope. And yes that's kind of all we got right now. Upgrades at RB and DE would be huge too. BTW, only 10 QBs in the the country have worse completion % than Tommie.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort03.html

We've all seen the backups in the Spring Game and decided who we thought was best or deserved a shot....then Fyfe was put at #2....then Fyfe threatened leaving ....then Fyfe put back at #2.....Armstrong played 11 games, Fyfe played one......you saw the result......you tell me what their plan is, if there's a plan, what Bush and Darlington think, whether O'Brian or another QB will see the field next year.

This is the case with just about every QB commit at any school anywhere. Heck at Georgia the Mark Richt defenders are citing Jacob Eason (#1 QB) as the reason they can't fire him.

It's not fair to anoint a freshman as the next best thing when he hasn't played a snap yet....that said O'Brien's film looks really really good.

It's always the backup QB that is the next best thing. We heard that about Bush in the early spring until he pooped the bed in the spring game. I'm hopeful POB can come in and shine, but honestly that's too much to expect from a true frosh.

Josh Rosen.
So we can expect every try freshman QB to be like Josh Rosen? Got it.

A true frosh becoming a starting QB is very rare. Has to be something real special. The only frosh QB I can recall taking over the starting role @ NU in 50+ years was Touchdown Tommie(may have been a RSFrosh), and we was special. I doubt POB is that special.

Well Martinez may not have been a true freshman, but he certainly beat out senior Zac Lee in 2010. I see no reason that POB or Darlington or one of the other QBs can't do the same.

Riley and company are feeling the pressure, and know that Nebraska fans are not going to go through the 2016 season without seeing improvements. Keeping TA in charge will be more of the same.

A true frosh becoming a starting QB is very rare. Has to be something real special. The only frosh QB I can recall taking over the starting role @ NU in 50+ years was Touchdown Tommie(may have been a RSFrosh), and we was special. I doubt POB is that special.

Well Martinez may not have been a true freshman, but he certainly beat out senior Zac Lee in 2010. I see no reason that POB or Darlington or one of the other QBs can't do the same.

Riley and company are feeling the pressure, and know that Nebraska fans are not going to go through the 2016 season without seeing improvements. Keeping TA in charge will be more of the same.

Forgot about TM. I don't see any frosh they may put in there winning more games than TA next year. There's usually the learning curve, especially when for a pro style guy. If POB is super special and can beat out Tommy, then, hey, we're lucky.