POB

Tommy makes a ton of mistakes. Always has. Chances are he can cut down on them somewhat. Problem is, we depend on him to win games as the focal point of the offense.

If we bring in a freshman and expect him to not make a bunch of mistakes as well, we better have him be more of a "game manager" until he gets seasoned.

I'm more concerned if POB starts that our defense will need to be much much better in order to put him in good positions to manage the game, not have to "win it" every play; which I feel like is a huge problem w TA. He plays like he has to win the game on every play.

Ya well TA doesn't have to win it either he just chooses too. The offense is geared to help him out but when he's making throws he's not supposed to. Then that's on him. Not the coaches.

Would you say asking Tommy Armstrong to throw 40+ times a game is gearing an offense to help him out?

He's a quarterback, if he can't throw the ball he should be playing a different position.

Tommie Frazier should've never played the position then, right? I mean, he was a 49% career passer.

Unless you're saying it's different because Frazier was recruited for a different offense? Well, so was Armstrong.

Or, is your point that the players should be able to do whatever the coaches ask them to just because.

I can't help but LOL at this comparison. The difference between that Tommie and this Tommy are the W's plain and simple. Frazier rarely made mistakes and he was a clutch player. 43 TD's and 11 INT's over 4 years? Yeah, I'll take it.

Tommy makes a ton of mistakes. Always has. Chances are he can cut down on them somewhat. Problem is, we depend on him to win games as the focal point of the offense.

If we bring in a freshman and expect him to not make a bunch of mistakes as well, we better have him be more of a "game manager" until he gets seasoned.

I'm more concerned if POB starts that our defense will need to be much much better in order to put him in good positions to manage the game, not have to "win it" every play; which I feel like is a huge problem w TA. He plays like he has to win the game on every play.

Ya well TA doesn't have to win it either he just chooses too. The offense is geared to help him out but when he's making throws he's not supposed to. Then that's on him. Not the coaches.

Would you say asking Tommy Armstrong to throw 40+ times a game is gearing an offense to help him out?

He's a quarterback, if he can't throw the ball he should be playing a different position.

Tommie Frazier should've never played the position then, right? I mean, he was a 49% career passer.

Unless you're saying it's different because Frazier was recruited for a different offense? Well, so was Armstrong.

Or, is your point that the players should be able to do whatever the coaches ask them to just because.

Armstrong was always going to throw the ball at NU whether Tim Beck was calling the plays or if Danny Langsdorf was calling them.

Tommy is an "athlete" playing the qb position instead of a qb playing it. The previous staff seemed to prefer athletes at the QB position.

• Fire 1

I can't help but LOL at this comparison. The difference between that Tommie and this Tommy are the W's plain and simple. Frazier rarely made mistakes and he was a clutch player. 43 TD's and 11 INT's over 4 years? Yeah, I'll take it.

The reason for the comparison flew entirely over your head. This has nothing to do with wins and losses or who is better. It has to do with what a quarterback's strengths are. If Armstrong is your best option at quarterback, and you have him throwing 40 times a game, that's a problem and you're hurting the team.

Don't come into a thread like Miley Cyrus on a wrecking ball unless you're going to understand context.

Armstrong was always going to throw the ball at NU whether Tim Beck was calling the plays or if Danny Langsdorf was calling them.

Tommy is an "athlete" playing the qb position instead of a qb playing it. The previous staff seemed to prefer athletes at the QB position.

But, that's the point - TA is our best option at quarterback right now. Is having him throw the ball 40+ times in his best interest and in the team's best interest?

The answer is no because they've lost all four times that's happened.

Saying 'if he can't throw then he shouldn't be a quarterback' is a hindsight critique.

The reason for the comparison flew entirely over your head. This has nothing to do with wins and losses or who is better. It has to do with what a quarterback's strengths are. If Armstrong is your best option at quarterback, and you have him throwing 40 times a game, that's a problem and you're hurting the team.

Don't come into a thread like Miley Cyrus on a wrecking ball unless you're going to understand context.

Whoaaa somebody is a little too dramatic, huh? Perhaps you should breathe a little bit. Sorry, but invoking a legendary QB in Tommie Frazier while taking a jab at him and then comparing him to what he have now is so out there and completely irrational. I agree that having Armstrong throw 40 times a game is a big problem.

Whoaaa somebody is a little too dramatic, huh? Perhaps you should breathe a little bit. Sorry, but invoking a legendary QB in Tommie Frazier while taking a jab at him and then comparing him to what he have now is so out there and completely irrational. I agree that having Armstrong throw 40 times a game is a big problem.

Far too often people jump into threads like a cowboy, guns blazing, without having a single shred of an idea what the conversation is about. They just see things and start picking at them like a dog chasing cars. The joke is that I wasn't even criticizing Frazier. The point was TA is not a guy that should throw 40+ times a game, but, that doesn't mean he can't be a quarterback. I never once compared their successes and failures. That's on you.

Far too often people jump into threads like a cowboy, guns blazing, without having a single shred of an idea what the conversation is about. They just see things and start picking at them like a dog chasing cars. The joke is that I wasn't even criticizing Frazier. The point was TA is not a guy that should throw 40+ times a game, but, that doesn't mean he can't be a quarterback. I never once compared their successes and failures. That's on you.

Who brought Frazier into the discussion? Me? Or you? Frazier will live forever in Husker Lore unfortunately for Tommy Armstrong, unless he miraculously becomes a different QB and leads Nebraska to a natty, he'll become an after thought. I think most people can understand your point of view and hatred towards Tommy Armstrong without having to include a former legend into the fold.

Stanton... Gabbert......Beck......Freeman...........

Ganz.....Martinez.......TA...........Lee.......Taylor.......

Highly touted guys who were recruited, left or never panned out.

The other list, guys who made it, contributed to NU and have a few records....

I wouldn't put a lot of stock on the kid. Yet. He has a lot to prove. The translation from HS phenom to successful college QB is not that easy.

Stanton... Gabbert......Beck......Freeman...........

Ganz.....Martinez.......TA...........Lee.......Taylor.......

Highly touted guys who were recruited, left or never panned out.

The other list, guys who made it, contributed to NU and have a few records....

I wouldn't put a lot of stock on the kid. Yet. He has a lot to prove. The translation from HS phenom to successful college QB is not that easy.

What about Curt Dukes?!?! He was supposed to be the next Eric Crouch!

Tommy Armstrong is an excellent QB in the "right" system. He is not a West Coast QB that this coaching staff is forcing down our players throats.

From the moment when Mike Riley was announced as our head coached, he voiced out on more than one occasion that they needed to coach to the strength of the players and he has yet to do that. These players were not recruited to play in a West Coast offense, they were recruited to run the ball.

Danny Langsdorf has expressed many times during fall camp that Armstrong struggles at throwing the ball deep but yet game after game we are still seeing Armstrong throwing the ball deep.

There are times to hold the players accountable but most of the time we need to hold the coaches more accountable for their actions

anigif_enhanced-3989-1448922038-2.gif

I don't buy the argument that the coaches are responsible for making Tommy throw deep. There are multiple routes being ran at one time and Tommy is the one that decides where to put the ball. Sure, he might be told to look at one route more then another but probably isn't instructed to throw just to that guy.

I keep seeing everyone say that the coaches didn't call plays that complemented Tommy's strengths. What exactly are Tommy's strengths?

• Fire 4