Ryker Fyfe

huskers15

No, thinkng Ryker Fyfe is the answer to our prayers is laughable. His ceiling is lower than Tommy's.

It will not matter one bit as there is a STRONG chance neither of them start next season.

You're an expert on QB ceiling's? I'll admit I don't know sh#t about ceiling's but I have seen what I've seen this year. Who do you suggest is the "strong chance" to play QB next year? If you think it's TA with this system we're running now, be prepared for another 5 win season.

• Fire 1

The sample size the OP is using is from one game where Fyfe threw 4 picks

AGAINST PURDUE!

Actually it was 3 picks, unless you're blaming Fyfe on Hovey having the ball ripped out of his hands along the sidelines. Sure, statistically it's on Fyfe but did you see that play? Did any of you see that play?

All I'm saying is that for his first start he played decently. He completed 29 passes, 30 if Hovey holds onto the ball. He checked down, he hit open receivers, he threw with touch, he didn't throw it into double coverage where receivers had to make circus catches and he has good mechanics.

I don't know if the game plan was for him to throw 48 times, I would hope it wasn't. But when you get 55 points hung on you....Bottom line IMO, he's serviceable.

I have my own theory on why TA played nearly every snap of damn near every game but I'm not going there, this thread is tiring enough. In fact it's laughable.

Honestly I would love to hear your opinion on why TA played every snap. Seriously, not trolling.

No, thinkng Ryker Fyfe is the answer to our prayers is laughable. His ceiling is lower than Tommy's.

It will not matter one bit as there is a STRONG chance neither of them start next season.

Literally no one is saying Fyfe is an answer to any prayers. Unless you were praying for a 7-5 season. All anyone is seeing is "lol 4 ints against Purdue". He was throwing a nice ball and making good reads early. The defense couldn't make a stop so we had to start chucking it. Although I do think we panicked and went to the Air Raid offense a little early.

This thread is so dense it should be moved to rumorville.

There is not a qb on our current roster who is even close to getting us back to a program that contends for even division titles. Its been our biggest problem since Crouch. We just havent had a good enough qb. Bad qb recruiting and development.

You're an expert on QB ceiling's? I'll admit I don't know sh#t about ceiling's but I have seen what I've seen this year. Who do you suggest is the "strong chance" to play QB next year? If you think it's TA with this system we're running now, be prepared for another 5 win season.

I don't think it will be Tommy. I think it will be Patrick O'Brien. Maybe not the first game out of the gate, but at aome point he will be our new starter. And if it isn't him, it will be Tommy, Fyfe has 0 chance to ever start here again unless a plague of injuries hit.

Literally no one is saying Fyfe is an answer to any prayers. Unless you were praying for a 7-5 season. All anyone is seeing is "lol 4 ints against Purdue". He was throwing a nice ball and making good reads early. The defense couldn't make a stop so we had to start chucking it. Although I do think we panicked and went to the Air Raid offense a little early.

You miss the first page?

Here, I took up the dutiful task of looking at the first page of the thread for you.

Get him ready and play him, in a bowl, if we are so fortunate. Coach him up through Spring ball, let him lead the way into Fall camp.

Do yourselves a favor... go watch the re-run of Fyfe in the Purdue game. Just keep in mind our D gave up 55. For all you "he's a walk-on peeps", we've had plenty of walk-on players do incredible things.

Ryker Fyfe is the answer. Armstrong is not.

Here, I took up the dutiful task of looking at the first page of the thread for you.

Get him ready and play him, in a bowl, if we are so fortunate. Coach him up through Spring ball, let him lead the way into Fall camp.

Do yourselves a favor... go watch the re-run of Fyfe in the Purdue game. Just keep in mind our D gave up 55. For all you "he's a walk-on peeps", we've had plenty of walk-on players do incredible things.

Ryker Fyfe is the answer. Armstrong is not.

Good job. I'm no seeing the prayers or people saying we would win the conference or even division with Fyfe. Having the opinion Fyfe would have done better than Armstrong doesn't mean you think he would be a savior.

This thread is so dense it should be moved to rumorville.

There is not a qb on our current roster who is even close to getting us back to a program that contends for even division titles. Its been our biggest problem since Crouch. We just havent had a good enough qb. Bad qb recruiting and development.

Perhaps your right about a high level QB not being on the roster? However, at this point I would be okay with a serviceable game manager. I know many love the gunslinger mentality that Tommy brings to the table and its exciting to watch when all the pieces are clicking. The problem is that gunslinger mentality puts us in more bad situations then good IMO. We would not always need those great come backs from him if he hadn't already shot the team in the foot with bad decisions / throws. I want a GREAT QB just like the next fan! But once again, I will take a game manager in the mean time, and I think Fyfe could do that with some experience under his belt and an OC that does not ask too much of him.

Actually, it kind of does. If you are saying the starter sucked and we need bailed out by this guy who was his back up, he would be coming in and "saving" the season.

Sure he didn't use the word savior, but yeah he is pushing thr though that Fyfe would have saved the season and is our QB of the future.