9 Huskers Make All-B1G Lists

Mavric

Collins isn't going pro with that rating either.

Like Husk said Collins is still a 1st-2nd round projected pick. Plus with his character, and the way he interviews his stock will only increase during the draft process.

Great point about his character and interview process. All the media members that cover NU have nothing but great things to say about Collins. Word is that he does a lot of work with the younger players after practice and he is the true leader of this year's defense.

I think Westerkamp makes 2nd team.

Maybe Lewis

That is about it.

I'm going to laugh my tail off when Armstrong makes the list.

Though the 4 pick game this weekend may have knocked him off.

The b10 QB play is weak this year; Armstrong has the talent to be at least 2nd team.

If voters think of this in terms of who they would pick in a draft scenario, he will get honored even though he wasn't utilized this year.

Like Husk said Collins is still a 1st-2nd round projected pick. Plus with his character, and the way he interviews his stock will only increase during the draft process.

Collins is the best player on the team and was about right as second team, maybe. He should NOT be going pro at this point. He is not all american and not even first team. If he were consensus first team all big ten and an all american nationally, he might make second round pick. He likely goes late third or 4th round in my view. His tackle and sack numbers are not that great and he just didn't make the big splash it takes. Look at Suh. His junior year was much like Collins this year. Next year he comes back and must explode into a truly dominate player that is unblockable and makes about 8 tackles again and a couple 'body slaw' sacks for the highlight reels. That would get him a 5 million dollars signing bonus.

Westy is our best offensive player. Sad to see he didn't even get a mention. But with this many teams, you only have a couple three open spots and no doubt Michigan, Ohio State, Mich St, Penn St, Wiscy, and all the others have some good players as well.

I could see him tearing up the combine too. He's one of those guys who could play anywhere along the line. He's a beast. Completely underutilized too. wasn't there one game where he was playing outside and then inside and then in a 2 point? Statistically, that was his best game iirc.

Would be nice if we had a staff who could highlight their playmakers on D.

I'm sure his shuttle time will be amazing. Scouts are going to drool over his quickness and his hands. His wrestling background helped him so much in that regard.

Interesting how two of our five honorees had many people wanting them basically off the team at points this year.

Or how 2 of the 5 honorees are coached by the guy most think is deadweight on this staff.

(Not saying I don't agree but just figured it needed pointed out.)

Waits for the they did it inspite of their coaching narrative that will follow.