Adding Coach Dub's son to the roster

Haspula

I would say there is most likely a rule that if your parents or close family member has a job at the school, you will count as a scholarship player. Otherwise, of course we could recruit all day long by simply hiring parents of desired players to 'walk on' with Mom and or Dad's big fat salary for doing nothing. Seems common sense to me that a coach's son is a scholarship no matter who writes the tuition checks.

• Fire 2

I don't think they will have to use a scholarship on him. Im pretty sure employee family members go to school basically for free. I think technically it's a dollar per credit

False. Or the Cotton boys wouldn't have been on scholly.

Unless it's different for the coaching staff Huskerhead has it correct. Family of university emoployees can go to school at discounted rate.

I don't think they will have to use a scholarship on him. Im pretty sure employee family members go to school basically for free. I think technically it's a dollar per credit

Unless it's different for the coaching staff Huskerhead has it correct. Family of university emoployees can go to school at discounted rate.

It's totally different if the kid is going to be playing a sport. As pointed out elsewhere, student athletes could be recruited to schools simply by giving their parents a job. Not that it's not being done currently in the SEC.

• Fire 1

It's totally different if the kid is going to be playing a sport. As pointed out elsewhere, student athletes could be recruited to schools simply by giving their parents a job. Not that it's not being done currently in the SEC.

Iirc, if the kid's parent is a coach and the kid is on the team, the kid HAS to count against scholarship limits, even with the staff/family member tuition rates.

If correct, just chalk another one up for Riley "getting good" for his boys.

Iirc, if the kid's parent is a coach and the kid is on the team, the kid HAS to count against scholarship limits, even with the staff/family member tuition rates.

Unless the rule has changed recently, Dan Hawkins kid at CU (Cody?) walked on to not take up at scholly. It was stated about 5 times during each CU game when they both were there.

Unless the rule has changed recently, Dan Hawkins kid at CU (Cody?) walked on to not take up at scholly. It was stated about 5 times during each CU game when they both were there.

Doug McDermott did it at Creighton for basketball his senior year, too. Not sure if the rules are the same but it's not uncommon, I guess.

• Fire 1

There's not a need for good WRs in 2016, 2017, and (maybe) 2018?

Do we know this kid is good?
Offers from Zona, Cal, Mizzou, Utah, Wash St outta high school. One could argue those are better offers then some guys we've previously recruited/have playing. 4.48 40 outta high school, I know take those numbers with a grain of salt. Had 7 catches in their opener this year before getting knocked out (head injury) vs Ole Miss.