Riley Presser - 12/7

Mavric

Is winning this one game really the best priority to have right now? Why not use it as an early Spring practice and open some positions up to develop in 2016?

Does anyone really care if we win the 'Foster Farms Bowl'? No.

Use this time to get some of next years players on the field in a game situation. Yeah the seniors should get to play at least half the game, but this bowl game frankly doesn't matter enough to care about winning it. We should be focusing on how we can get some play time in for guys who hopefully won't go 5-7 next year.

It's a ball game. Play it to win it or don't play it at all.

Yeah. There'll be PLENTY of time for next year, next year. You want to build a culture of "every game / every moment matters" -- and you do that by preparing for every game to try to win it.

Im not a huge Riley fan, but we should play this game to win. As mentioned above, if you are trying to instill a new winning culture, every game is important. The season comes down to one game. The one you are playing. Winning instills confidence going into next year, shows again that we can beat a quality opponent, a win helps the guys "buy" in more.

Riley is here for at least another year. A win isn't going to hurt the team, recruiting or the fanbase.....

Is winning this one game really the best priority to have right now? Why not use it as an early Spring practice and open some positions up to develop in 2016?

Yes. 8 losses (The worst since 1957) is not a good way to end the year.

And eight losses will add that much more kindling under his chair and make it harder for his staff to sell the University to prospective players.

• Fire 1

Deep down everyone knows they want that golden foster farm chicken trophy in our trophy case.

Let's go win this game. It provides momentum into next year with a win, and how do you create winners for next year? You win games instilling winning mentality.

It's an ok trophy:

8303416.jpg

If I'm a senior and I'm told that I wouldn't be playing because the coaches want to play next year's players I wouldn't even practice with the team. If I've earned my playing time then they can earn theirs. One game, or one half as some have mentioned, is not going to make that much of a difference in development.

It's a ball game. Play it to win it or don't play it at all.

If we can't play it to win, I'd rather we stayed home.