[Spoilers] Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread

Still not sure what was worse, Jar Jar getting majority of screen time or Ewoks defeating the Empire.

I really loved the Ewoks. Thought Luke and Leia both looked hot in their camo outfits. Loved the speeders. Jedi is my favorite Star Wars movie.
I recently puchased the orignal trilogy on blu ray. Much to my displeasure I found that the god awful "NOOOOOOOOO" was dubbed in when Vader chucks Palpatine down the chute. Then for no good damned reason Old Anakin force ghost was replaced with Teenager Anakin.

Still not sure what was worse, Jar Jar getting majority of screen time or Ewoks defeating the Empire.

I really loved the Ewoks. Thought Luke and Leia both looked hot in their camo outfits. Loved the speeders. Jedi is my favorite Star Wars movie.
I recently puchased the orignal trilogy on blu ray. Much to my displeasure I found that the god awful "NOOOOOOOOO" was dubbed in when Vader chucks Palpatine down the chute. Then for no good damned reason Old Anakin force ghost was replaced with Teenager Anakin.

I was fine with the new Anakin ghost. It tied the trilogies together better. I happen to be someone who liked Revenge of the Sith though. I liked the story of Anakin and Obi Wan's relationship.

Hate hate HATED the change to the Vader scene. That's the worst of all the changes Lucas ever made. I think after he received so much praise for Episodes I-III it all went to his head and he lost the connection to what was actually good about his movies. And he thought he could do no wrong. Now he's done an interview/interviews where he's all bitter that Disney/Abrams ignored his script for Episode VII. Thank goodness they did.

The biggest gripe I have about young Anakin force ghost is that you still have old Obi Wan and Yoda force ghosts. Anakin leads a life of evil as a Sith, has a moment of reflection and does one good deed, dies and gets to spend eternity as young sexy non robotic Anakin force ghost while Yoda and Obi Wan are stuck being old? Totes unfair. Although a young sexy Yoda would have been hilarious.

Lucas kinda lost touch with whatnthe fan base actually wanted, so yeah ignoring most his crap was probably a good thing. I do hope they would have at least borrowed some of his vision and altered as needed.

The biggest gripe I have about young Anakin force ghost is that you still have old Obi Wan and Yoda force ghosts. Anakin leads a life of evil as a Sith, has a moment of reflection and does one good deed, dies and gets to spend eternity as young sexy non robotic Anakin force ghost while Yoda and Obi Wan are stuck being old? Totes unfair. Although a young sexy Yoda would have been hilarious.

Lucas kinda lost touch with whatnthe fan base actually wanted, so yeah ignoring most his crap was probably a good thing. I do hope they would have at least borrowed some of his vision and altered as needed.

It made sense to me that in ghost form he'd be the person he was before he turned to the Dark Side.

It made sense to me that in ghost form he'd be the person he was before he turned to the Dark Side.

If there was "still good in him" there should have been no difference. It was just one change I could have done without, kind of an F You to the guy who originally played Vader.

Fun Tidbit: the guy who wore the costume was not the guy who was unmasked in Jedi.

Edit: Now that I think about it, 5 guys can lay claim to officially playing Vader in one form or another.

If there was "still good in him" there should have been no difference. It was just one change I could have done without, kind of an F You to the guy who originally played Vader.

Fun Tidbit: the guy who wore the costume was not the guy who was unmasked in Jedi.

Edit: Now that I think about it, 5 guys can lay claim to officially playing Vader in one form or another.

Not to mention, the original Anakin from Jedi is clearly a much older man which doesn't fit with the timeline of young Anakin becoming Darth Vader. I'm with you in that it was just a little too convenient to bring Anakin back as a force ghost despite leading a lifetime of evil.

I love the original three films but they remind me a lot of Nolan's Batman films. The first was good, the second was fantastic and third one didn't live up to what I thought it could. However, Return of the Jedi is a far better movie than The Dark Knight Rises, imo. I'm just saying I think both films took some conveniences.

I also am forcing my significant other to watch all six films, but we're not planning to see the new one until Christmas weekend, a little after the crazy rush.

Not to mention, the original Anakin from Jedi is clearly a much older man which doesn't fit with the timeline of young Anakin becoming Darth Vader. I'm with you in that it was just a little too convenient to bring Anakin back as a force ghost despite leading a lifetime of evil.

I love the original three films but they remind me a lot of Nolan's Batman films. The first was good, the second was fantastic and third one didn't live up to what I thought it could. However, Return of the Jedi is a far better movie than The Dark Knight Rises, imo. I'm just saying I think both films took some conveniences.

I also am forcing my significant other to watch all six films, but we're not planning to see the new one until Christmas weekend, a little after the crazy rush.

I don't think the timeline is that bad. The actor was 72, but Darth Vader should look much older than his age after what he's gone through and the fact that he's gone to the Dark Side. I'm guessing Vader is around 50 in Return of the Jedi.