[Spoilers] Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread

Carrie Fisher has mental health issues and has done a lot of drugs in her life.

British icon Fry described his good friend Fisher as 'not mad enough to be committed, but not sane enough to lead much of a normal life.'

I don't know much more about it but she's been bringing her therapy dog to all of her interviews in the past month.

Also, they caked make up on her. I think she looks much better here than in the movie and it was taken 5 days ago:

carrie-fisher.jpg

Her voice really hasn't aged well though.

Saw it today at 2:30 and it was really good. Going to go see it again before Christmas because I missed a lot because I took my 3yr old and he kept fiddling around with my nephew who was also talking during the movie.

Some douche on Facebook spoiled Hans fate and I think that the chick is Luke's daughter for the very reason the Lightsaber drew her to it.

It was good, really well done. It somewhat followed the EpIV plotline, but the way they tied it up left them a lot of free reign for 8 and 9.

Also, major spoiler...

I'll admit I cried a bit when Han died. I idolized the character since I was 5, read all the books, and he's been my favorite fictional character for 25 years. Even though I had that part spoiled by one friggin image online, it still hit me hard.

How did he go in the books?

Just saw the movie and liked it, but I can't believe they ised the same plotline a 3rd time...

If you're reading a thread titled "spoilers" you can't complain if I don't use spoiler tags.

I was disappointed. It was a coloring book filled with crayon. They took the framework of the old movies and crammed them all into this movie.

The scene on the gantry over the abyss.

The giant planet-killing space weapon.

The orphan hero(ine).

The desert landscape.

The icy landscape.

The wise old mentor who dies by lightsaber.

The plucky little cutesy droid.

The outnumbered but brave X-Wing pilots amidst a swarm of TIE fighters.

There were so many glaring technological plot holes I can't name them all.

There were some neat parts. I liked Fin & Rey, generally. They were fresh-faced, nice characters. And with Fin at least they tried to make him into more of a character than Luke ever was - the whiner farmboy was about all they developed out of him at first.

Kylo Ren was probably the most refreshing of the characters. A bad guy with a conscience. He was OK.

Han's death was spoiled for anyone who reads about Star Wars online over a year ago, but even still, that death-scene on the gantry was dumb.

There's zero history given to tell us why the New Republic can't mount a decent force to counter this First Order bunch. There's a galaxy of resources out there, and if someone's developing a super-weapon that can smash multiple planets in one blow, you'd think there'd be so many battleships in orbit knocking away at that shield that it'd be flattened in an hour. Instead, we have what - 15 X-Wings sent? C'mon. Every system in the galaxy would be sending fighters, ships, or lobbing spare asteroids at this thing.

Disney has more money than god. There's no excuse for them to have foisted off a movie with so many plot holes as this. There's no need to play it safe with these movies - we're going to watch them. Just write a tight script with all that mickey mouse money and don't patronize us.

• Fire 1

If you're reading a thread titled "spoilers" you can't complain if I don't use spoiler tags.

I was disappointed. It was a coloring book filled with crayon. They took the framework of the old movies and crammed them all into this movie.

The orphan hero(ine).

The desert landscape.

The icy landscape.

There were some neat parts. I liked Fin & Rey, generally. They were fresh-faced, nice characters. And with Fin at least they tried to make him into more of a character than Luke ever was - the whiner farmboy was about all they developed out of him at first.

Kylo Ren was probably the most refreshing of the characters. A bad guy with a conscience. He was OK.

Han's death was spoiled for anyone who reads about Star Wars online over a year ago, but even still, that death-scene on the gantry was dumb.

There's zero history given to tell us why the New Republic can't mount a decent force to counter this First Order bunch. There's a galaxy of resources out there, and if someone's developing a super-weapon that can smash multiple planets in one blow, you'd think there'd be so many battleships in orbit knocking away at that shield that it'd be flattened in an hour. Instead, we have what - 15 X-Wings sent? C'mon. Every system in the galaxy would be sending fighters, ships, or lobbing spare asteroids at this thing.

Disney has more money than god. There's no excuse for them to have foisted off a movie with so many plot holes as this. There's no need to play it safe with these movies - we're going to watch them. Just write a tight script with all that mickey mouse money and don't patronize us.

You're dead to me

• Fire 2

The orphan hero(ine).

The desert landscape.

The icy landscape.

You've grown too old. I was once like your self, everything was sh#t. Sometimes you just have to lower your expectations and see where things go.

Let go! Use the force knap!