[Spoilers] Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread

For those primarily looking for "a total sequel about happens next to Luke and company", there's the massive Expanded Universe for that. And (/ducks) that's about as interesting as the typical endlessly sprawl of a comic book/video game universe. I'm sure all the plot developments there are fascinating, new, and worthwhile if you want to dive into it.

The EU is no more though...

The only things they count now are Episodes 1-7 and the Clone Wars animated show as official canon.

For those primarily looking for "a total sequel about happens next to Luke and company", there's the massive Expanded Universe for that. And (/ducks) that's about as interesting as the typical endlessly sprawl of a comic book/video game universe. I'm sure all the plot developments there are fascinating, new, and worthwhile if you want to dive into it.

The only things they count now are Episodes 1-7 and the Clone Wars animated show as official canon.

Yup. I'm about halfway though Aftermath right now. It takes place a year after ROTJ is "new canon" so I'm gonna try to finish it this weekend.

Yup. I'm about halfway though Aftermath right now. It takes place a year after ROTJ is "new canon" so I'm gonna try to finish it this weekend.

Not familiar, what is Aftermath?

It's pretty apparent that The First Order is trying to mimic the fallen Empire every step of the way. The First Order uses clones and they even have the giant planet-destroying thing as well, only this time, it's a giant star-system killing thing! So, it'd make sense for the First Order to follow The Rule of Two.

The Rule of Two, if you didn't know, is a rule mandating that only two Sith can exist at any given time. Sidious (and the Sith for that matter) are thought to be dead at the end of Episode VI. So it makes sense that Snoke is Plagueis and that Ren coming in for more training is to make him a Sith as well.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Aftermath_Star_Wars.html?id=fVyWBgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false

• Fire 1

Just saw it last night, not quite sure what to think yet. I was not too impressed, perhaps you could say I was "whelmed" (neither over nor under). I had tried to keep my expectations low going in as I absolutely hated the prequels and have never really been impressed by JJ Abrams.

I loved the new characters, I thought they represented great aspects of what we love to see in our heroes and I look forward to seeing more from them. The actors did a very good job, which has been hard to say in previous movies. I did not like what they did with Han and Leia. Why did Han go back to being a two-bit smuggler? Carrie Fisher was a wreck. Chewbacca was fantastic though, his character was used better in this movie than any of the previous ones.

The overall plot? Meh. I did not care for the recycled Death Star plot device, and it feels like they sort of threw that in there to move the characters forward but we were not meant to really worry about the Starkiller base. Couldn't they have come up with an evil scheme that was somehow different and more dramatic than we have already seen?

The character development was good, but it seems that the whole plot was nothing more than an introduction, and the interesting stuff is going to start happening in episode 8. At least we can care about these characters, something that was woefully lacking from the terrible terrible prequels. And with good acting and direction to move them forward, the next one should be good. I just hope it has a stronger plot.

I enjoyed it, it was definitely much better than the crappy prequels (did I mention I hated the prequels?), but not quite fitting for the biggest movie in the history of the world. The best part was that my wife liked it, and she has not been a Star Wars fan. She liked Rey's character and the bad guys. If this helps my wife get into Star Wars with me, it was worth it ( as long as I never have to watch the prequels again).

• Fire 1

It's pretty apparent that The First Order is trying to mimic the fallen Empire every step of the way. The First Order uses clones and they even have the giant planet-destroying thing as well, only this time, it's a giant star-system killing thing! So, it'd make sense for the First Order to follow The Rule of Two.

The Rule of Two, if you didn't know, is a rule mandating that only two Sith can exist at any given time. Sidious (and the Sith for that matter) are thought to be dead at the end of Episode VI. So it makes sense that Snoke is Plagueis and that Ren coming in for more training is to make him a Sith as well.

The Stormtroopers in TFA, and the original trilogy for that matter aren't necessarily clones. In TFA I believe most of the troops are "brainwashed" orphans taken at an early age. I think this is why Finn and Rey have a unique bond, both being orphaned young.

The Stormtroopers in TFA, and the original trilogy for that matter aren't necessarily clones. In TFA I believe most of the troops are "brainwashed" orphans taken at an early age. I think this is why Finn and Rey have a unique bond, both being orphaned young.

Ya. I don't recall hearing in the movie that any of the stormtroopers were clones.

Just saw it last night, not quite sure what to think yet. I was not too impressed, perhaps you could say I was "whelmed" (neither over nor under). I had tried to keep my expectations low going in as I absolutely hated the prequels and have never really been impressed by JJ Abrams.

I loved the new characters, I thought they represented great aspects of what we love to see in our heroes and I look forward to seeing more from them. The actors did a very good job, which has been hard to say in previous movies. I did not like what they did with Han and Leia. Why did Han go back to being a two-bit smuggler? Carrie Fisher was a wreck. Chewbacca was fantastic though, his character was used better in this movie than any of the previous ones.

The overall plot? Meh. I did not care for the recycled Death Star plot device, and it feels like they sort of threw that in there to move the characters forward but we were not meant to really worry about the Starkiller base. Couldn't they have come up with an evil scheme that was somehow different and more dramatic than we have already seen?

The character development was good, but it seems that the whole plot was nothing more than an introduction, and the interesting stuff is going to start happening in episode 8. At least we can care about these characters, something that was woefully lacking from the terrible terrible prequels. And with good acting and direction to move them forward, the next one should be good. I just hope it has a stronger plot.

I enjoyed it, it was definitely much better than the crappy prequels (did I mention I hated the prequels?), but not quite fitting for the biggest movie in the history of the world. The best part was that my wife liked it, and she has not been a Star Wars fan. She liked Rey's character and the bad guys. If this helps my wife get into Star Wars with me, it was worth it ( as long as I never have to watch the prequels again).

So what is your take on the prequels?

https://books.google.com/books/about/Aftermath_Star_Wars.html?id=fVyWBgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false

And they recognize this as official canon? Definitely going to have to check this out.

Here are my guesses - big alien guy - dead an old sith lord ghost going to inhabit and posses the kid hence keeping him weak and fully untrained.

Ray? The chick - daughter of luke skywalker she has the force coming out of her ears...

Finn also strong in the force.

These are just my guesses.

Ren either fully untrained of the dumbest sith in the history of the series.

I am not that well versed on the expanded universe however I have played most bioware star wars games and those series are huge on sith ghost trying to manipulate people etc.

Did Lieha and Hon Banish there son and then he became a sith, or did he become a sith then murder the children?

One thing is for sure should make some interesting future movies. Did not care at all when that planet got blown up but I think that had to do with lack of development.

Hon Solo finally got what he wanted.

And they recognize this as official canon? Definitely going to have to check this out.

Sorry if posted previous, however I think all cannon is destroyed.