Special Teams

Special teams played well yesterday, D. Brown's one errant kick and a couple of runbacks by UCLA aside. We can dither about UCLA's run defense but the Bruins' ST players were quality and the team did well. Stanley Morgan had some hard returns and I actually saw a return setup that allowed our returner a chance. I've been on the fence about the value of the ST coach, given his pay but there's no denying that the boys did well yesterday.

Special teams played well yesterday, D. Brown's one errant kick and a couple of runbacks by UCLA aside. We can dither about UCLA's run defense but the Bruins' ST players were quality and the team did well. Stanley Morgan had some hard returns and I actually saw a return setup that allowed our returner a chance. I've been on the fence about the value of the ST coach, given his pay but there's no denying that the boys did well yesterday.

This is tongue in cheek right?

2 off-sides on extra point defense.

1 - missed extra point kept opponent within one score.

1 - KO return from endzone in a one-score game.

Yeah, great coaching there.

Yeah, I disagree on that. ST was not very good. I agree with Sean Callahan.

Special teams: D

Nebraska's special teams struggled on Saturday. NU missed an extra point, got an off-side penalty that took away a missed UCLA extra point and they were very inconsistent with their kickoff coverage and in the return game. All and all and it wasn't Nebraska's best game on special teams, but it didn't end up costing them in the end.

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/final-take-winning-the-nebraska-way-

Our SP coach is the biggest waist of money on the staff. I realize he didn't have our best punt returner much of this year but the coverage he installed stunk. He doesn't recruit much, if at all and i'm not sure I agree you spend a scholarship on a punter when Nebraska has a history of putting some of the best punters in the NFL. That is unless you have zero on the roster. I know he and Cav and Banker were the coaches the AD at OSU wanted off the staff and that's part of why MR suddenly started to listen to offers.

I will excuse the missed PAT by Brown. I think it was his first one of the year, and that field at Levi's Stadium is terrible for kickers and their plant foot.

However, 2 offside penalties on opponent PAT's is in-excusable. One of them allowed UCLA to kick the PAT after they missed the first attempt. That 1 point could have been a huge difference in the game.

Our SP coach is the biggest waist of money on the staff. I realize he didn't have our best punt returner much of this year but the coverage he installed stunk. He doesn't recruit much, if at all and i'm not sure I agree you spend a scholarship on a punter when Nebraska has a history of putting some of the best punters in the NFL. That is unless you have zero on the roster. I know he and Cav and Banker were the coaches the AD at OSU wanted off the staff and that's part of why MR suddenly started to listen to offers.

Now THIS is a new one!

Bruce Read and Mike Riley need to stop with the trying to block the XP kicks. Whoever they have trying to do it isn't fast enough even when he does jump before the snap.

Punt return coverage needs to be addressed. It shouldn't matter if it is DPE or Westerkamp back there. They should be able to have the space return more than they did this year.

Bruce Read and Mike Riley need to stop with the trying to block the XP kicks. Whoever they have trying to do it isn't fast enough even when he does jump before the snap.

Punt return coverage needs to be addressed. It shouldn't matter if it is DPE or Westerkamp back there. They should be able to have the space return more than they did this year.

Agreed. How many offsides penalties did we have on XP's this year... five?