TCU comes back down 31-0 in Alamo Bowl

lo country

Never quit, never stop trying. What an accomplishment for the TCU QB. His name will be mentioned in every single half time inspiration speech at half time for TCU from now on. When you get your chance run with it. Congrats to TCU, sorry for Oregon, as Freeman is a good friend of one of my employees. My employee is a Dallas fan, that is rapidly becoming a college football fan. His comments this morning was, man those kids just never quit. I told him, that is college football, totally different mind set.

• Fire 1

I checked in at 28-0 then 31-0 then watched more in the second half. I don't think I saw the Oregon D stop TCU except maybe on one possession. Their QB was completing passes at will. I think their D gets gassed in games as their offense scores so quickly or has trouble producing long sustained drives that will give their D some rest. This happened in the NCG last year as early in the 3rd OSU had a t/o and Oregon scored on the very next play on a bomb. Their D had to go right back on the field, after being on the field much of the first half. By the end of the 3rd qtr they were gassed on OSU was imposing their will on them. Sometimes old fashioned football still works.

I checked in at 28-0 then 31-0 then watched more in the second half. I don't think I saw the Oregon D stop TCU except maybe on one possession. Their QB was completing passes at will. I think their D gets gassed in games as their offense scores so quickly or has trouble producing long sustained drives that will give their D some rest. This happened in the NCG last year as early in the 3rd OSU had a t/o and Oregon scored on the very next play on a bomb. Their D had to go right back on the field, after being on the field much of the first half. By the end of the 3rd qtr they were gassed on OSU was imposing their will on them. Sometimes old fashioned football still works.

Which makes me wonder when teams like this will scrap the fast paced offenses and get back to actually trying to put their defense in a good situation.

Which makes me wonder when teams like this will scrap the fast paced offenses and get back to actually trying to put their defense in a good situation.

It's not like it doesn't really work, so I doubt that will happen any time soon. They've played for 2 national championships in the last 6 years.