Potential Defensive Tackles

Hayseed

Christian Gaylord....6'6-275

​Cole Conrad....6'5-290

Dylan Utter...6'1-285

​Jerald Foster...6'3-310

​Jalin Barnett...6'4-310

​These are all offensive linemen who have played d-line in high school and could do it again. I'm sure there are others on the roster who could switch as well if needed, but frankly I'm tired of looking.....I've seen enough.

I wonder if they're planning any switches like this?

​(I suppose now a roster expert will tell me some of these guys are injured or quit the team, but you get the picture.)

The stories I've read have been about the DT's, last years starters gone and other seniors leaving, but while we're on the subject here's another option for speed at DE....

​TE-Luke McNutt...6'2-240....All-Nebraska honors playing linebacker for Kearney High.

We've got the speedy guys, they are just young. Neal, the Davis twins, and Alex Davis will be good players with the potential to be phenomenal down the road. Banker also has said King has the speed, just needs to add weight and get up to speed mentally.

What Srs are we losing at DT? It looks like 5 of our top 6 return with Maliek leaving early.

It is appearing that VV is leaving based on his recent tweets. KW has indicated that he isn't sure he will come back for year 6. His comments seemed more like he wants to not come back. That leaves Maurice, Stoltenberg who has to overcome offseason surgery, and the twins who haven't played a snap in college yet.

What Srs are we losing at DT? It looks like 5 of our top 6 return with Maliek leaving early.

It is appearing that VV is leaving based on his recent tweets. KW has indicated that he isn't sure he will come back for year 6. His comments seemed more like he wants to not come back. That leaves Maurice, Stoltenberg who has to overcome offseason surgery, and the twins who haven't played a snap in college yet.
If some DE depth emerges McMullen can play some snaps at DT.
  • Fire 1

Thanks, I knew a couple reporters had articles about that. My point is that it's not time to panic, we have guys we can move around.

My next point would be that the star system is biased to favor California, Texas, and Florida. To me it's more likely that our Kearney guy is a good college player than it is that one of those bigstate recruiting stars will live up to his hype.

If some DE depth emerges McMullen can play some snaps at DT.
I hope this actually happens. I think McMullen would be a pretty good DT. If they can get some production out of the really players at DE to facilitate that, then I would think that would be a great sign for both spots.