Coaching candidates

Turnovers were a huge problem for Cincinnati this season. I think there were a couple of quarterbacks who got about equal snaps, due to injury (?), over the course of the season. Rushing production wasn't bad, though, given how much passing production there was from that unit. I appreciate the thread as I didn't realize that was Zac's. I watched the Bearcats a couple of times this season and mostly noticed Tuberville. His freakout over an onside kick that he must not have called was about as good as it got.

If fans have an issue with Zac Taylor because of his association with Callahan, then I have an issue with those fans. Taylor was a hell of a player and leader, who guided us through a transition that would have much more painful without him. He was also a hell of a competitor, who played as hard as he possibly could and left it all on the field. Hard to imagine better credentials to be a part of Husker history than that.

I like Taylor and appreciate what he contributed as a Husker. But I'm not sure what you mean by guiding NU through a transition... He was a JUCO kid recruited in '05 and left school in 2007. He played entirely under Cally.

I really do like Taylor, but I'm not understanding why he's being perceived as a great QB, or even better or more productive than our current one.

Turnovers were a huge problem for Cincinnati this season. I think there were a couple of quarterbacks who got about equal snaps, due to injury (?), over the course of the season. Rushing production wasn't bad, though, given how much passing production there was from that unit. I appreciate the thread as I didn't realize that was Zac's. I watched the Bearcats a couple of times this season and mostly noticed Tuberville. His freakout over an onside kick that he must not have called was about as good as it got.

It wasn't Zac's. He's joining the staff for this season.

just because I prefer Frost's offensive style over Taylor's.

As a player at Nebraska, or as a coach for a different team?

As their coaching career would suggest. Now, I know Frost and Taylor have been following the guidelines set forth by their bosses, and things could totally change when they actually run their own team. But, I see Frost as a spread guy with power running concepts, while I see Taylor as a pro-style/WCO guy. Yes, I know those definitions can mean many things, but if I would watch Frost's offense vs. Taylor's offense, I would prefer Frost's offense.

I really do like Taylor, but I'm not understanding why he's being perceived as a great QB, or even better or more productive than our current one.

Taylor's SR year he was 1st Team All Big 12 as well as the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year. He finished the season 233-391-59.6%-3197-26TD-8INT

His 2 year totals were 470-821-57.2%-5850-45TD-20INT. Only using Tommy's last 2 years as starter his totals are 406-747-54.4%-5725-44-28. The one glaring difference is the interceptions from year one to year 2 as starter where Taylor went from 12 to 8 and Tommy went from 12 to 16.

• Fire 1

I like Taylor and think he has a very bright future.

However, I'm baffled at the thought that he would be a great option as an OC here.

Most of the angst over our offense we have now is that our current OC has the audacity to actually think a forward pass is an option to be successful.

Taylor comes from an era here where we had a HC who felt the same way. Meanwhile, Taylor's experience at an OC is in the NFL where they also believe the forward pass is useful.

I bet he has even called a pass play in a 3rd and 2 situation.

However, I'm baffled at the thought that he would be a great option as an OC here.

Most of the angst over our offense we have now is that our current OC has the audacity to actually think a forward pass is an option to be successful.

Taylor comes from an era here where we had a HC who felt the same way. Meanwhile, Taylor's experience at an OC is in the NFL where they also believe the forward pass is useful.

Did you see Saban and Swinney flinging passes all over the field last night?

Alabama throwing consecutive passes inside the 12 yard line? Passing on first down in the fourth quarter, while ahead? Passing on the most crucial third and short late in the game, when you need to drain clock and have the Heisman Trophy RB in your backfield?

No wonder Alabama lost.

Alabama throwing consecutive passes inside the 12 yard line? Passing on first down in the fourth quarter, while ahead? Passing on the most crucial third and short late in the game, when you need to drain clock and have the Heisman Trophy RB in your backfield?

No wonder Alabama lost.

Their OCs suck.

No wonder Alabama lost.

Alabama: Running/Rushing plays = 46

Passing plays = 25

No wonder Alabama lost.

Alabama: Running/Rushing plays = 46

Passing plays = 25

Exactly. They pulled a total Beck.

Or was it Watson?

Anyway, the two best teams in the country continuously made the play calls that historically drive the experts here on HuskerBoard crazy.