Will NU return to National Dominance again - next 10-15 years

TGHusker

Will NU return to "Albama"s standard during the next 10 - 15 years?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Specify "National Dominance".

If NC, no.

Top10 ratings ........ probably no.

Top25, occasional yes.

Not a single vote in 2015 Coaches poll (others receiving votes). Massey Composite (90 rankings): 48th http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

BTW, what year ended sellout streak?

Really? With all the advantages this program has going for it, and "occasionally top 25" is the ceiling your giving the program?

Again, the negativity, and overall outlook this fan base has for Nebraska's football program is baffling....

past recent history ....

2002: #NR

2003: #19

2004: #NR

2005: #24

2006: #NR

2007: #NR

2008: #NR

2009: #14

2010: #19

2011: #24

2012: #23

2013: #25

2014: #NR

2015: #NR

No Top10. Some days, in fact today, removed my scarlet color glasses

When I look at that, I see a down year of a otherwise solid rolling average (2002), three coaching transitions and a stretch by an awful coach. If we don't have the disruption of firing the HC in 2014, maybe NU pulls off a win in what was a close loss, and then you have a ranked team in 6 of 7 season under a coach. That's more than "occasional."

Do I think we get better than average rankings in the 24 to 34 range under Coach Riley? I think that's optimistic considering historical results.

Voted NO

back in the day, we were just so far ahead of most everyone in the country in so many ways on and off the field. we were one of a few dozen consistently on TV, schools came to study our strength and conditioning program, kids came far and wide to play here because It was a better option than closer to home and close to the beach, TO was probably a genius(maybe more organizationally) compared to many (although he had some rough times as well winning at times.remember the Bluebonnet bowl? he was going to be fired if he lost)and on an on. I think we proportionally took football more seriously than most programs at the time...I'm not sure if you scaled that effort up against todays environment, it would be possible to put that much space between us and the rest of the country.

Now? we don't lead in any of these areas and are not even on the radar in most, if any.

I think its going to start with the right leader, from there everything will flow...if that doesn't get done, it wont get much better than hovering in the 8-9 win range. I don't care about mid 90's, id take being like Wisconsin, MI state etc. of late. just very competitive and run our brand of power football(like Stanford if I had my way).

the center of the football universe has dramatically moved away from Nebraska, it will take the right guy to get it closer again.

Most underwhelming in 25 years? Did you see the winner this year???

If you're going to argue against my claim, at least use Mark Ingram instead of Derrick Henry. Anyways, I'm only saying that going just off of voting numbers, but you'll find him on most any lists you can find on the subject as well. That was probably the worst Heisman race season I can remember, and Rex Grossman really probably easily deserved it more, but was only a sophomore.

Most underwhelming in 25 years? Did you see the winner this year???

If you're going to argue against my claim, at least use Mark Ingram instead of Derrick Henry. Anyways, I'm only saying that going just off of voting numbers, but you'll find him on most any lists you can find on the subject as well. That was probably the worst Heisman race season I can remember, and Rex Grossman really probably easily deserved it more, but was only a sophomore.

Rex had a great year, but come on. Eric was all that Nebraska team had. He almost literally carried that entire team to the National Championship game. He was more responsible for his team's success then any other player in the country.... And the stats argument is nearly irrelevant. Two completely different QBs, asked to do two completely different things for their respective teams....

Voted NO

back in the day, we were just so far ahead of most everyone in the country in so many ways on and off the field. we were one of a few dozen consistently on TV, schools came to study our strength and conditioning program, kids came far and wide to play here because It was a better option than closer to home and close to the beach, TO was probably a genius(maybe more organizationally) compared to many (although he had some rough times as well winning at times.remember the Bluebonnet bowl? he was going to be fired if he lost)and on an on. I think we proportionally took football more seriously than most programs at the time...I'm not sure if you scaled that effort up against todays environment, it would be possible to put that much space between us and the rest of the country.

Now? we don't lead in any of these areas and are not even on the radar in most, if any.

I think its going to start with the right leader, from there everything will flow...if that doesn't get done, it wont get much better than hovering in the 8-9 win range. I don't care about mid 90's, id take being like Wisconsin, MI state etc. of late. just very competitive and run our brand of power football(like Stanford if I had my way).

the center of the football universe has dramatically moved away from Nebraska, it will take the right guy to get it closer again.

This and do you really think Mike and crew have what it takes?

Voted NO

This and do you really think Mike and crew have what it takes?

no, he is is a transition guy, i think most people understand that.

Transition to who?

I think that's wishful thinking. He either does well and is here another 8 to 10 years or he fails miserably and is gone by 2018.

In either case, what's the transition?

A better coach? If I had to guess which coach, I would guess, and this is just MY guess, Scott Frost.

I believe Scott will be coaching here in the near future, that is unless he falls flat at his new job.