Super Bowl 50 - Broncos vs. Panthers

Mavric

I know I'm being a sourpus about this but considering the platform and the type of icon he is for children and teens -- and considering his reputation as I'd understood it to be -- I was floored and disappointed that he went the "Hell yea, kids. Alcohol!" route. Shrug.

You're just mad because he keeps beating the Pats in the CCG. chuckleshuffle

He was plainly shilling for Budweiser, whether he was paid to or not.

What he said actually said was more like "I'm gonna have a lot of budweisers, Tracy, I promise you that" and "I'm going to have a lot of beers" the second, both times in listing his postgame priorities. It was weird and out of his way, not off the cuff.

I know I'm being a sourpus about this but considering the platform and the type of icon he is for children and teens -- and considering his reputation as I'd understood it to be -- I was floored and disappointed that he went the "Hell yea, kids. Alcohol!" route. Shrug.

And yes, he does Papa Johns. That was his first postgame embrace.

Do you also turn the channel whenever a beer commercial comes on TV? Do you turn off the TV when the team celebrates with beer and champagne in the locker room? I understand that you may not like it when an athlete promotes alcohol use, but these are grown men who are going to celebrate and relax in their own way. Many adults like to celebrate and relax with alcohol. It's not the end of the world.

• Fire 2

Do you also turn the channel whenever a beer commercial comes on TV? Do you turn off the TV when the team celebrates with beer and champagne in the locker room? I understand that you may not like it when an athlete promotes alcohol use, but these are grown men who are going to celebrate and relax in their own way. Many adults like to celebrate and relax with alcohol. It's not the end of the world.

I'm not a fan of a lot of it. I didn't turn off the TV at Peyton's interview either. I just expected ebtter from him, but it's not the end of the world. I have just as little problem with an athlete smoking weed or whatever, but I'd feel similarly if one had said "I'm gonna go get high tonight, Tracy." Or "I'm gonna go find some girls tonight, Tracy." You know?

Yeah, I don't have a big problem with what Cam did in that circumstance. It could have been better I suppose, but he's a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve and he was devastated. Not rude, not lashing out. Just devastated. If anything was unprofessional here, it was that he had to listen to that kind of crowing.

Not really a Cam fan although he had a great year.

But this at least provides a counter-point. Apparently the two interview "rooms" were only separated by a curtain so you can hear the Broncos on the other side.

https://twitter.com/bmweezy13/status/696704493514334208

Can must of went to get those band aids for hurt feelings he talked about. Don't be mad about it Cam. You dish a ton of it, bit can't take it.

In a related story did you see faux pelini tweet about Cam and his dad? Absolute gold

Not really a Cam fan although he had a great year.

But this at least provides a counter-point. Apparently the two interview "rooms" were only separated by a curtain so you can hear the Broncos on the other side.

https://twitter.com/bmweezy13/status/696704493514334208

Can must of went to get those band aids for hurt feelings he talked about. Don't be mad about it Cam. You dish a ton of it, bit can't take it.

In a related story did you see faux pelini tweet about Cam and his dad? Absolute gold

I hadn't seen this till you mentioned. Yep...pure gold.