"Us Against The World"

Mavric

There's a paid article on HOL about this now. Apparently they wanted to ask Rose-Ivey about it after the following Twitter exchange last month:

Michael Rose-Ivey ‏@Rose_IveyNB15
2016 starts tomorrow.. We believe in us and that's all that matters #GBR
B. Reilly ‏@brandonreilly87 Jan 19
B. Reilly Retweeted Michael Rose-Ivey
Let's get it ✊🏼

Matthew Bonham ‏@MrTubaMan
@brandonreilly87 @Rose_IveyNB15 Husker fans believe in you too. It's not you against the world anymore guys. #GBR #HuskerNation
Michael Rose-Ivey @Rose_IveyNB15
It never was.. Y'all gotta chill with that
HuskerOnline asked MRI about it. He said (summarizing) that it never was the team vs. everyone else. It was the entire program - team, coaches, fans, tradition, etc. - everyone who believed in the team was the "us". Says it got blown way out of proportion.
Also said that there never was a divide in the locker room (I'm assuming referring to guys still loyal to Bo vs. Riley).
He said it's pretty frustrating when people try to label what's going on with the team when they really don't know.

• Fire 4

Pretty much exactly what I said when people tried to pick apart TA's comments a couple months ago. It's a phrase used a lot as a rallying point for the team to come together. Widely used in sports. It's not meant to try to be exclusive. People who want to have something to make a big deal over try to make it a big deal.

• Fire 2

He said it's pretty frustrating when people try to label what's going on with the team when they really don't know.

I can see his side, but I think he's failing to see the other. "We" wanted to be in the know, but often "we" were held at a fairly long arm's length. Blame the media, blame the coaches, but don't blame the fans (I'm assuming "people" means "fans").

Not a big deal, just found that statement interesting.

• Fire 2

I can see his side, but I think he's failing to see the other. "We" wanted to be in the know, but often "we" were held at a fairly long arm's length. Blame the media, blame the coaches, but don't blame the fans (I'm assuming "people" means "fans").

In the know about... what?

• Fire 1

In the know about... what?

Nothing specific. You've been on this board a long time. Plenty of complaining here, the OWH, LJS about lack of transparency within the program, ie the "inner circle" mentality.

Dont take my post to be "Bo bashing", I was merely making an observation.

And why is he being discussed in the football posts ?

He was the football coach 2 years ago. He still has a large effect on the team whether you like to admit it or not. He established a culture that we are trying to change. I would still say he is rather relevant.

Did you read the article?

• Fire 4

Politely disagree that there was much healthy about Bo's culture. Coaches' actions spoke for themselves.

"Who has a good relationship with the fans?"

MRI didn't explain it a lot but he did allude to the fact that Bo's attitude was closer to that. But he said that attitude didn't carry through the rest of the team.

• Fire 1