GT: Nebraska at Penn State - 6PM CT - ESPNU

NU doesn't have tons of talent and the dudes coming in are not what you need. Mix in the fact that you are losing possibly the best Husker basketball player in school history and things will not be great with the average coaching.

Shields is very very good...exceptional.

Really ??

I don't know how long you have followed the Huskers closely, but if this is an indication..........I'm guessing ........not ALL that long.

No disrespect to Shavon (and due props for his efforts), but he is not even close to making that list.

Tyron Lue, Jarron Boone, Eric Strickland, Rich King, Eric Piatkowski, Andre Smith, Chuck Jura, ..............heck you could even go back to Jerry Fort and just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Since the mid 90's...and he is on par with those guys...it is not like he is some hack...over 100 starts...probably top 10 in most every stat...

NU doesn't have tons of talent and the dudes coming in are not what you need. Mix in the fact that you are losing possibly ( FIFY) the best Husker basketball player in (recent) school history and things will not be great with the average coaching.

He is fun to watch and always hustles and to his credit he gets the job done often. I could see him on the lower end of the top 10 players in Husker history. If you watch his drives to the basket 95% of the time he wants to finish at the front or the right side of the rim. He can start dribbling left handed but will switch to his right to get to the right side. In the games where he has trouble, good defenders are taking away his right side. Also the only team stat he leads in right now is FT attempts and FT made. If he was the best player of all time he would be dominant in at least a couple categories. He has kept his nose clean for 4 years and will graduate with a high GPA I'm sure. His first game back after the concussion was a credit to his toughness.

• Fire 1

NU doesn't have tons of talent and the dudes coming in are not what you need. Mix in the fact that you are losing possibly ( FIFY) the best Husker basketball player in (recent) school history and things will not be great with the average coaching.

He is fun to watch and always hustles and to his credit he gets the job done often. I could see him on the lower end of the top 10 players in Husker history. If you watch his drives to the basket 95% of the time he wants to finish at the front or the right side of the rim. He can start dribbling left handed but will switch to his right to get to the right side. In the games where he has trouble, good defenders are taking away his right side. Also the only team stat he leads in right now is FT attempts and FT made. If he was the best player of all time he would be dominant in at least a couple categories. He has kept his nose clean for 4 years and will graduate with a high GPA I'm sure. His first game back after the concussion was a credit to his toughness.

I think he does dominate...I think he can get to the rim and draw contact at anytime during a game. Look, I am not a Husker basketball fan at all and I can't stand Miles...but SS is the real deal when it comes to college basketball.

He does always drive to the right but I am not sure that is a huge deal in college as only a few teams seem to actually make him go left.

Let me put it this way...as a non Husker fan I hate shields because of how good he is...that is compliment.

I think he does dominate...I think he can get to the rim and draw contact at anytime during a game. Look, I am not a Husker basketball fan at all and I can't stand Miles...but SS is the real deal when it comes to college basketball.

He does always drive to the right but I am not sure that is a huge deal in college as only a few teams seem to actually make him go left.

Let me put it this way...as a non Husker fan I hate shields because of how good he is...that is compliment.

Plus he's been one part of 1-2 punch for the whole time he's been here. As in ... all we have is a 1 and a 2. If he actually was part of a complete team - like Lue, Boone, Strickland, King, etc. were - such that the team was having more success, he'd get a lot more credit. Let alone if he had an actual offensive system to work in.

After this year. My thought in time miles has changed. He's not that good. 61-63 record. Take away that 9-1 run 2 years ago. He's 52-62. This team is regressing just like last year. He needs to go. Freshman have not shown any improvement this year.

We won't be any better next year. No shooters, no guards that can break down a D. No meat on this team.

Freshman shown no improvement?

How about Michael Jacobsen who started the season hardly seeing the floor and now plays a majority of the minutes and contributes.

Or Glenn Watson Jr. Who has turned into a solid scorer through conference play.

Jack Mcveigh is much of the same, inconsistent but to say overall our freshmen have shown no improvement is false. This game is awful, no arguing about that but our freshmen have shown improvement through the season.

Well that explains why our offense has regressed all year. Thanks for clearing that up. That's 3 games now where we struggle to get to 20 at half.

This is honestly up there with the Samford performance for worst of the year. I am no longer watching. I hate to be "that guy" but I'm done with this season. This team just isn't worth caring about or following.

The amount of money, resources, and FAN SUPPORT that this school and fan base puts into this program for absolutely zero in return is just sad. I envy the day that this program reaches even middle-of-the-pack B1G basketball on a consistent basis. IF that day ever comes.

For now, pure embarrassment. Also hate to be "that guy" once more, but I give Tim Miles next year and if it's a 3rd losing season in a row he should be fired. I don't know how anybody could possibly argue against that. Love the guy, but his teams/coaches aren't getting it done.

Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on the way out.

You can bet more fans are starting to feel this way. Myself, I have been watching since the late 70's, so I have seen it all as far as NU basketball goes.

Really, I have had season tickets since the early 80s. I am trying to understand your doom as we have more talent then ever and Miles continues to bring in good talent. I too feel we are missing a big man to get over the hump.

You don't seem to like to stick around to debate your stance, why is that?

Sorry, I have a life and do not sit on my computer all day!

Good point Mav...

I think he is a great talent and I think people that feel not having him next year will be some sort of good thing are sorely mistaken...

I have not heard anyone say not having him next year would be a "good thing".............?

Nor have I heard anyone suggest he is a "Hack".....(your word in a previous post).

An argument that he is not the BEST PLAYER in Husker basketball history does not in any way suggest that he has not been a very valuable player, teammate, mentor or inspiration,

The world is not a zero sum game.