Defining the "Liberal Media" and the "Mainstream Media"

Vox as the ultimate left-leaning bias is...very indicative of your warped worldview, especially when Fox News only gets a 6. There are literally mountains of evidence of explicit Fox News bias, even bits of them admitting so. I'd love to see any such thing in regards to Vox.

lol, trying to defend vox as not being liberal.

Why is it that the right tends to use nicknames and adjectives prior to any topic or person that they disagree with?

It started long before Trump came on the ticket (though he's certainly jumped into the fray full force), I think Fox is likely to blame but I find it interesting that supposedly educated, savvy people will lessen whatever content they are about to say by labeling it with some stupid adjective. (i.e. "lame stream media" "crooked" "low energy" "lefties" and the list goes on, and on and on.)

I got news for you "righties" ... it makes you look like 5 year olds - 5 year old bullies or whiners, I haven't decided which. Its demeaning to you as well. They don't think you can listen and form your own opinions without it being dumbed down to guttural insults that you can regurgitate verbatim after walking away from the tv.

libtards

dems

and these nicknames are usually considered by their users to describe a person entirely. Once the word is used they're written off completely as a person.

I use Dems and Repubs sometimes simply because I'm lazy and don't want to type it out.

On that note though...I've seen Democrats use similar terms....like Repugs.

Agreed. It cuts both ways. On HB though it's not as prominent from our moderate members. It's just far easier to use short hand than to identify each position for an issue and speak to it. I generally try to stick with "right/left" "repub/dem/GOP" if I'm going short hand.

I use Dems and Repubs sometimes simply because I'm lazy and don't want to type it out.

Have you seen that here on HuskerBoard?

I can't remember specifically. I think I have but, if so, it's been a while.

But...I can't think of the last time I saw "libtards" here either.

Vox as the ultimate left-leaning bias is...very indicative of your warped worldview, especially when Fox News only gets a 6. There are literally mountains of evidence of explicit Fox News bias, even bits of them admitting so. I'd love to see any such thing in regards to Vox.

lol, trying to defend vox as not being liberal.

not what i said

Searching the forum, I find two uses of "libtard" in the past couple of years - one by Moiraine, one by Carlfense. Both were tongue-in-cheek, since both are clearly flaming liberals.

No results here for "repug" or anything similar.

Searching the forum, I find two uses of "libtard" in the past couple of years - one by Moiraine, one by Carlfense. Both were tongue-in-cheek, since both are clearly flaming liberals.

OK.....I didn't realize the comment and discussion was just about what is on this forum.

This isn't the only forum I am on or have been on.

OK.....I didn't realize the comment and discussion was just about what is on this forum.

This isn't the only forum I am on or have been on.

Bam him!!!!

Why is it that the right tends to use nicknames and adjectives prior to any topic or person that they disagree with?

It started long before Trump came on the ticket (though he's certainly jumped into the fray full force), I think Fox is likely to blame but I find it interesting that supposedly educated, savvy people will lessen whatever content they are about to say by labeling it with some stupid adjective. (i.e. "lame stream media" "crooked" "low energy" "lefties" and the list goes on, and on and on.)

I got news for you "righties" ... it makes you look like 5 year olds - 5 year old bullies or whiners, I haven't decided which. Its demeaning to you as well. They don't think you can listen and form your own opinions without it being dumbed down to guttural insults that you can regurgitate verbatim after walking away from the tv.

Did you really just post this? You've got to be kidding me. Both sides call the others names, and it's been going on for years. The fact that you think this is a one-sided situation says a lot about your knowledge and awareness on these topics. Here are just a few of the many names that Conservatives are called by the opposition:

1. Wingnuts

2. Teabaggers (referring to Tea Party members on the right)

3. Neocons

4. Zealots

5. Racist (and this now coming from Hillary's campaign herself)

This is just a starting point.

"Racist" is not a label reserved for Conservatives. Donald Trump has been called racist and xenophobic mostly because of his racist and xenophobic plans, such as building a wall to keep Mexicans out of America and deporting Muslims. I suppose if he doesn't want to be called a racist, he shouldn't profess racist policies. Those Conservatives who don't like being called racist should probably not support Trump. You open yourself up to such things when you behave in such ways. Here's another example of someone calling a Democrat "racist."

Zealots, like "racists," is not a term solely reserved for Conservatives. It's certainly no "liberal," which is a phrase solely reserved for liberal.

Neocon isn't an epithet, and in the not-too-distant past has been used by neocons (meaning modern-day Conservatives) to describe themselves.

Teabaggers is an epithet solely reserved for Tea Partiers. You got this one right.

Wingnuts, like racists and zealots, is not an epithet reserved for Conservatives.

Batting .200 on the "starting point." Hope there's better swings out there...

• Fire 2

"Racist" is not a label reserved for Conservatives. Donald Trump has been called racist and xenophobic mostly because of his racist and xenophobic plans, such as building a wall to keep Mexicans out of America and deporting Muslims. I suppose if he doesn't want to be called a racist, he shouldn't profess racist policies. Those Conservatives who don't like being called racist should probably not support Trump. You open yourself up to such things when you behave in such ways. Here's another example of someone calling a Democrat "racist."

Zealots, like "racists," is not a term solely reserved for Conservatives. It's certainly no "liberal," which is a phrase solely reserved for liberal.

Neocon isn't an epithet, and in the not-too-distant past has been used by neocons (meaning modern-day Conservatives) to describe themselves.

Teabaggers is an epithet solely reserved for Tea Partiers. You got this one right.

Wingnuts, like racists and zealots, is not an epithet reserved for Conservatives.

Batting .200 on the "starting point." Hope there's better swings out there...

Lol...you are funny and certainly live in your own world to think that only one party uses such terms. This is just a sampling and I will agree with you on Neocon to an extent, but it's often used in a negative way today by many on the left to discuss Republicans. The latest is now "alt fringe right" which is coming directly from the Clinton campaign. The bottom line is that any suggestion that name calling is one-sided is utterly ridiculous...you do agree with this don't you?