Spring Position Battles - Running Backs

Mavric

Riley said he would like to see what Taylor can do at RB since he is finally healthy. So, has Taylor been getting been getting many meaningful carries this spring?

Mostly 2nd team.

Depending on the semantics, I'd say it's pretty much 4th string. Newby/Ozigbo/Wilbon are definitely the top three in some order.

I've been looking forward to seeing what Taylor could do since he committed but that ship has sailed. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he never really recovered from his injuries. He appeared to come back strong his senior year of high school but then missed another year with a broken foot. Just not sure if he is really ever going to get back to full speed.

LJS Spring Practice Questions

9. Will the Huskers leave the spring with heavy comfort in the running back trio of Terrell Newby, Devine Ozigbo and Mikale Wilbon? Don't get caught up right now in someone separating from that pack. The Huskers are experimenting with more two-back sets anyway to get them more reps. But if Wilbon can continue to gain the belief of coaches as an all-purpose guy, consider it a very positive spring for the running backs.

This is a little off topic, but I'llpost it up anyway and get ready for the beat down ... again.

Well what do you expect to happen when first you say you hope our program loses every single game until we put in the kid that you've got such a raging hard on for, and then second you break board rules (yes, this is entirely off-topic) and don't learn anything?

Last year I posted a video of a Jr High player that was about to enroll at Katy. I was rudly accused of "pimping him out" ... but I was trying to give you guys a heads-up on him.

We're not coaches or on staff as evaluators dude. Why the hell do we care about an 8th or 9th grade football player in small town Texas? Maybe someone on here that I don't know about is regular text buddies with Mike Riley, but the fact remains that literally all you have ever done on Huskerboard is talk about your high school and your school's kids and how great it all is and how would you ever expect to be received well on a NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS messageboard when not only do you ever talk about Nebraska football, but you also don't engage with any other conversations about politics/religion, other sports, general b.s., or anything; all you talk about is Katy.
It's cute that you almost had tears brought to your eyes because of how our mentally handicapped no good D1 P5 coaches ruined the career of your all-universe high school runningback who, despite your heartbreak, seems to have a great attitude and loves Nebraska.
Here's my question though. Have you ever even met Adam Taylor? Or do you really fawn celebrity idol worship over complete stranger 14-18 year old kids?
  • Fire 2

Running back preferences are a little different, depending on who you ask, but Ozigbo looks like the most complete Husker, a big back who can catch and has fairly nifty moves for a man his size. He’s not too fun to tackle. Terrell Newby ran with some authority Saturday. Mikale Wilbon just needs more time and reps. There’s a role for him in this offense, but he’ll have to chisel it out for himself. Newby looked better Saturday.

OWH