Hillary and the classified emails

http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-comey-testimony/2016/07/clinton-untrue-statements-fbi-comey-225216

Rep. Trey Gowdy gets it right. There is no justification for Comey's comments and the justice dept's no prosecution. If this was anyone else, they'd be in jail by now. Two tier justice at work and another bit of evidence that Obama's most transparent administration was

a bag of horse manure from the beginning.

We need some guys like Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox, Attorney General Elliot L. Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William D. Ruckelshaus. Men of integrity who Nixon had to fire in order to keep the truth hidden. Now Hillary, who assisted in the congressional investiagation of Nixon, is being protected by her own lack of integrity attorney general and a spineless president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/watergate/articles/102173-2.htm

Putting my Dem hat on for a moment... Gowdy is a completely partisan weasel. He blew $7 million in taxpayer funds leading the eighth Congressional investigation into Benghazi over 2 years to come to the same conclusion as the other ones. He's one of my two personally most disliked members of Congress, along with Jason Chaffetz, who chaired the panel today interviewing Comey.

Regardless of the Benghazi committee investigation, taking off dem or repub hat I think he was spot on here.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-comey-testimony/2016/07/clinton-untrue-statements-fbi-comey-225216

Rep. Trey Gowdy gets it right. There is no justification for Comey's comments and the justice dept's no prosecution. If this was anyone else, they'd be in jail by now. Two tier justice at work and another bit of evidence that Obama's most transparent administration was

We need some guys like Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox, Attorney General Elliot L. Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William D. Ruckelshaus. Men of integrity who Nixon had to fire in order to keep the truth hidden. Now Hillary, who assisted in the congressional investiagation of Nixon, is being protected by her own lack of integrity attorney general and a spineless president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/watergate/articles/102173-2.htm

Putting my Dem hat on for a moment... Gowdy is a completely partisan weasel. He blew $7 million in taxpayer funds leading the eighth Congressional investigation into Benghazi over 2 years to come to the same conclusion as the other ones. He's one of my two personally most disliked members of Congress, along with Jason Chaffetz, who chaired the panel today interviewing Comey.

Regardless of the Benghazi committee investigation, taking off dem or repub hat I think he was spot on here.

Putting the lies of the silly internet video cause Benghazi (who was dumb enough to believe that one?) that investigation found the servers that she should have been put in jail for and the info that she is still being investigated for taking 141 Million from middle eastern countries for her "foundation" while being SoS which is also illegal.

So, she lied to the public to save face, but when the chips were down, she told the truth to the FBI.

Congrats, I guess?

She did? Wiping over 30K emails and saying the same lies that she told the public to Congress under oath is telling the truth?

I don't condone Hillary's email practice, so please don't confuse this with defending those practices.

But people keep saying she deserves to be in jail for what she did. Anyone else would be in prison, etc. Why are you people saying this? I watched a lot of the hearings today (about 3 hours more than I had planned to) and Comey repeatedly said the reason he didn't recommend charges is because their is ONE case in the last 100 years and the Constitutionality of the law is questionable. He also said there will be no recommendations for prosecuting anyone else involved in the emails. The three classified emails that were found started with low-level employees at the State Dept and they worked their way up to Clinton. The other people, the everyday people, are being held to the exact same standard Clinton is.

And before someone chimes in, "yeah but she's running for President!", that was the main reason Comey made the decision he did. He didn't want to treat her differently than any other person and be accused of "celebrity hunting".

Anyway, back to the "dumpster fire" of 2016...:)

• Fire 1

Using the language "conspiracy theory" is stupid, but so is a false equivalence of this with other cases. Like when Trump says Petraeus did far less and got punished. That's completely, unequivocally wrong. Petraeus handed physical copies of classified information over to his mistress knowingly and willingly.

Clinton was not charged because the charge in this case involved intent and they could not prove intent.

Funhusker got much right above. Come repeatedly had to tell flabbergasted R's today that he made the decision he did specifically to AVOID a double standard, rather than because of one. He said he wished to avoid "celebrity hunting." Also, he right that there's been only one case brought in the last hundred years citing the "gross negligence" part of the statute.

Our government never has been very good at enforcing the rules on their own. Oh sure, the R's make a public spectacle of going after D's and vice versa, but when push comes to shove, everything usually gets swept under the rug and we're officially told "nothing to see here".

Anyone who handles classified information, secrets, intelligence, etc. should be held to a much higher standard than our government enforces. I'm not whining just because I want to see Hillary or other D's punished. I think anyone who has done similar things, be it Powell or Rice or whoever, shouldn't get to skate like this. It's just another case of our elites being treated preferentially. If they couldn't or wouldn't charge Hillary in the email fiasco, it's not due to lack of evidence it's due to a systemic lack of discipline and failure to adopt and enforce reasonable limits. What she did should have serious consequences, and not because its Hillary but because it is dangerous and wrong. This is just another in the long list of business as usual and it's bullsh#t.

Our government never has been very good at enforcing the rules on their own. Oh sure, the R's make a public spectacle of going after D's and vice versa, but when push comes to shove, everything usually gets swept under the rug and we're officially told "nothing to see here".

Anyone who handles classified information, secrets, intelligence, etc. should be held to a much higher standard than our government enforces. I'm not whining just because I want to see Hillary or other D's punished. I think anyone who has done similar things, be it Powell or Rice or whoever, shouldn't get to skate like this. It's just another case of our elites being treated preferentially. If they couldn't or wouldn't charge Hillary in the email fiasco, it's not due to lack of evidence it's due to a systemic lack of discipline and failure to adopt and enforce reasonable limits. What she did should have serious consequences, and not because its Hillary but because it is dangerous and wrong. This is just another in the long list of business as usual and it's bullsh#t.

I don't disagree with anything you've said here except the elites are treated differently. The low level employees have been treated the same, and apparently so have civilians such as server administrators. It is a systemic problem with a currently almost unenforceable law to prevent it.

It probably won't change anything but there were at least a few members of the committee yesterday asking Comey what type of wording needs to be used in the laws to make them prosecutable in future cases. Unfortunately, it's to late to hold the people you mentioned accountable, at least by criminal punishment. But "some" of the committee members did seem generally interested in changing the practices of all government, Congress included, to make sure information is more secure and at the same time doesn't tie up government and make it move slower than it already does. Even the chair of the committee yesterday, Chaffetz, lists his personal email on his business card (he doesn't do that unless it is easier to access).

It's been mentioned a lot in this thread. Our government needs a different system to store and share information.

• Fire 2

Using the language "conspiracy theory" is stupid, but so is a false equivalence of this with other cases. Like when Trump says Petraeus did far less and got punished. That's completely, unequivocally wrong. Petraeus handed physical copies of classified information over to his mistress knowingly and willingly.

Clinton was not charged because the charge in this case involved intent and they could not prove intent.

Funhusker got much right above. Come repeatedly had to tell flabbergasted R's today that he made the decision he did specifically to AVOID a double standard, rather than because of one. He said he wished to avoid "celebrity hunting." Also, he right that there's been only one case brought in the last hundred years citing the "gross negligence" part of the statute.

It appears Comey, Clinton, Lynch's paths have crossed before wt the issue being miss handling of classified docs. Remember Sandy Burger? I'm not a fan of World News Daily - there is more than a tendency towards complicacy/sensationalize, but this article provides a history of the interaction, web, entanglement that these characters all have. If other sites can back up these claims then it should be of no surprise then why Comey acted in the way he did.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/comey-has-long-history-of-clinton-related-cases/#!

I'm not a fan of World News Daily - there is more than a tendency towards complicacy/sensationalize, but ...

Why is there a 'but' here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldNetDaily

WND has received significant attention for promoting a number of conspiracy theories, including Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories.

Period. Stop. Close the browser, end of story. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

• Fire 2

Yes, Zoogs, I know I would take flack for posting it - but my ADHD demanded that I post it!! Couldn't resist. :duel Actually, I thought maybe someone with more time could research and see if these rabbit trails :moreinteresting lead anywhere or are all conspiratorial (which would not be a huge surprised considering the source. But (ok another but monkey) I wouldn't be surprised if it went the other way either)