Glenn the juice...

at 230lbs.... somewhat fast is scary... just imagine at full speed what the opposing corners are going to think/FEEL, poor little guys :bounce. then when they have the wind knocked out of them they can watch our other guys blowing by them.... not just other RB's but our WRs too.... weeeee :restore2

like many have said before, the kid came from a tough Texas league school...he just needed time to learn the plays and sounds like he added some muscle in the off season too.......also Lucky just may be gaining some much needed field vision as well.......just need them both to keep making steady progress..........also need Beck to relax and keep working on his rythm........he'll get there too

hunter

C-Train came into spring 10 pounds lighter than what he weighed in the fall. helps give him more speed.

Nice note, Pigsonthewing...

Hopefully you're right. That is STILL alot of weight to be hitting opponents with, though. :thumbs

C-Train came into spring 10 pounds lighter than what he weighed in the fall.  helps give him more speed.

Hopefully you're right. That is STILL alot of weight to be hitting opponents with, though. :thumbs

definetly.. i dont know if he was just burnin fat to lose 10 pounds or any other specific. IIRC he was listed at 230 last fall, so assuming that was accurate C-Train is anywhere in the 215-225 pound range.

IMO the way I think that you need to look at Lucky and Glenn is like this: They come from two very different schools of play. It is allot easier for Glenn to impress everyone with his "smash mouth" hit the hole as fast as you can and break as many tackles as possible type play. Lucky plays the faster, dance around and look for the cut back. Lucky needs allot more snaps to get the field vision that he needs to find those cut backs and be as highly rated in D-1 as he was in high school. USC had the one-two punch last year and it worked awesome and if you all don’t remember the 2001 CU vs NE game (where we got stomped) they had the same combo with Bobby Purify & Co. I think we are looking at a bright future with these two. :thumbs:restore2

C-Train came into spring 10 pounds lighter than what he weighed in the fall.  helps give him more speed.

definetly.. i dont know if he was just burnin fat to lose 10 pounds or any other specific. IIRC he was listed at 230 last fall, so assuming that was accurate C-Train is anywhere in the 215-225 pound range.

Glenn is weighing 230 lbs. He has lost simply fat. 230 lbs at 6% body fat is SICK!! He is an animal!

i like how cally is determined to improve the running game......it will make Taylor even better......i see a nice rotation between Glenn and Lucky setting up.....fresh legs all the time is a great weapon/tactic to have....should be fun to watch

hunter

Based on that...Glenn pounding away on opponents' defense during the 1st half could be a BIG contributing factor to a Lucky or Jax smoking the D in the 2nd half.

Not sure if this would pan out, but sounds like a plan to me! :thumbs

... omg... welcome to 1993 where the offense was just as brutal as the d!

i would *love* to see days like that again..!

although Wilson will come in with a lot of hype, and he may have excellent skills and talent, he has to learn the WCO first.......which has proven to be quite a hurdle for all the players at the skill positions......if he picks things up quickly he may see some playing time later in the season, but by now we should all recognize that few walk on and play/start after only being around a couple months....this is a complicated offense........

hunter

I would expect to see Wilson by about mid season. He will need to pick up some things about the offense. Especially blitz pickup, which I believe he has some experience with already. But you have to be at a certain level with respect to that if you expect the coaches to put you out there.

Looks to me that Cody is clear cut favorite to be #1 back. Even from what I have read his teammates like what he is doing. (Slauson) and from eye-witnesses from practice say he is the MAN, then why keep making him a short-yardage person or someone to back up Lucky. Give the C-Train his due not for the hype but how he has worked his tail off and how he is performing. Some people have a hard time with getting past potential and hype.