ESPN State Of The Program: Nebraska

this game reminds me of the USC game a few years ago.........we were all hyped up to show our stuff and got our ass handed to us.......not saying it will be a repeat, but Oregon is unlikely to fall apart without Frost....and Collins, our anchor, is gone.

Why do people do this? If you are talking the bowl game, we lost by 3 points with s chance to win it I the end.

We did not get our ass handed to us.

Probably talking about when USC came to Lincoln and embarassed us.

Of any of you think that offense at Oregon is changing much with a new offensive coordinator, I have ocean front property in Arizona for pennies on the dollar I will sell you.

Their offensive identity will be basically the same.

Their production....not so much.

• Fire 1

this game reminds me of the USC game a few years ago.........we were all hyped up to show our stuff and got our ass handed to us.......not saying it will be a repeat, but Oregon is unlikely to fall apart without Frost....and Collins, our anchor, is gone.

Why do people do this? If you are talking the bowl game, we lost by 3 points with s chance to win it I the end.

That's exactly what he was talking about.

That's exactly what he was talking about.

OK...I got tripped up on the "few years ago".

That was 9 years ago.

Riley knows Oregon better than anyone. I'm not optimistic but the guy has proven he can beat them with waay less talent than what he current has at his disposal.

Just so you know. Riley was 0-fer in his last 7 games vs Oregon. So I'm not sure where you are coming up with that. Especially with the upswing of Oregon's program as a whole.

The same team that got embarassed by Utah and squandered away a huge bowl lead to TCU is coming to Lincoln with a new QB, no SF and Hoke on the defnse.

I am liking Nebraska's chances more and more.

Yea, coming to play a team that got smashed by PURDUEEEEEE. Gave up games on the last play and finished 6-7. With a QB that throws more INT's than anyone in the country. No consistent credible running threat. No consistent competent playcalling. Entire DLine gone. A secondary that is SUPER suspect. OLine that is questionable.

I like Oregon's chances more and more

I see this being a very emotional game at the Power T house come game day. I mean who do ya root for?? its way to early to make a prediction on this. Oregon isn't the same as a few years ago, could be worse could be better. and I doubt HCMR has blown anyone away with his coaching abilities at Nebraska Or back in Oregon. I mean Purdue did beat Nebraska and the guy is a .500 coach. hopefully it doesn't take half a season this year to figure out what kind of a team he has.

I love both teams. This is a game I was hoping NEVER ever was to be played/scheduled. I remember when I got the news about Tennessee backing out and Oregon taking their place...gosh, what an emotional moment. I remember thinking how crappy it was going to be. Now, were almost to that point.

I know it sounds like I am hardcore Oregon, which is true, but I always feel like I have to defend them here. Which makes it LOOK like I'm clear cut Oregon. However, it's hard to be one way or the other.

Maybe Jesus will return before this game so I don't even have to worry about it. :)

Just stop. You're arguing against people who have, maybe, watched one Ducks' game in the past 2-3 seasons. You feel the need to defend them here because people here have no idea what they're talking about in regards to Oregon. Just sit back and chill.

I watch at least part of an Oregon game almost every week of the season. I live in the GNW and my youngest son is a fan. At one point in the middle of the season they were about ready to implode. They could have lost 6-7 games last year. I give them credit they righted the ship and won a lot of games down the last half of the season. They still couldn't stop anyone though. Without a dynamic QB like Mariota or Adams that offense doesn't go, and it looked very average without him or when he had the broken index finger. They were beating TCU 31-3 at the start of the second half of their bowl game and after Adams got hurt they could do absolutely nothing offensively. TCU's defense was nothing specail either. They lost that game. Unless this new grad transfer is the second coming of Adams or one of the incoming freshman is Mariota reincarnated they might not look to good offensively.

• Fire 1

With spring practice underway in the Big Ten, we’re taking a look at each Big Ten program, using recent performance, win-loss trends, coaching, current and future personnel. In continuing to look at the West Division, up next is Nebraska.

Trajectory: Up. Consider where they’ve been in the past 16 months, and it’s difficult to dispute that the Huskers are, at least temporarily, moving in the right direction. They bottomed out on Halloween with a loss at Purdue. The turnaround began a week later as Nebraska handed Michigan State its lone regular-season loss. The Foster Farms Bowl win over UCLA marked another step forward. This month, as Nebraska gets back on the practice field, an increased level of comfort is evident, too. Players know their coaches. Yes, that helps. But the upward momentum of this offseason may grind to a halt in a hurry if Nebraska fails to handle business early next season -- business that includes a visit from Oregon. The Week 3 game figures to serve as a telling gauge of the progress made in a year after the Huskers’ troubling first month a year ago.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/131290/state-of-the-program-nebraska-cornhuskers-2

There goes ESPN again...with this crazy agenda that losing to Purdue was some sort of "bottoming out" situation...Do the math! NU started a backup QB and still basically out gained Purdue. Plus, if you subtract the turnovers and subtract the toxicness it was basically a Husker win.

We were down 42-16 at one point to Purdue... I cannot think of any situation that is any lower than that. That is rock bottom.

• Fire 2

With spring practice underway in the Big Ten, we’re taking a look at each Big Ten program, using recent performance, win-loss trends, coaching, current and future personnel. In continuing to look at the West Division, up next is Nebraska.

Trajectory: Up. Consider where they’ve been in the past 16 months, and it’s difficult to dispute that the Huskers are, at least temporarily, moving in the right direction. They bottomed out on Halloween with a loss at Purdue. The turnaround began a week later as Nebraska handed Michigan State its lone regular-season loss. The Foster Farms Bowl win over UCLA marked another step forward. This month, as Nebraska gets back on the practice field, an increased level of comfort is evident, too. Players know their coaches. Yes, that helps. But the upward momentum of this offseason may grind to a halt in a hurry if Nebraska fails to handle business early next season -- business that includes a visit from Oregon. The Week 3 game figures to serve as a telling gauge of the progress made in a year after the Huskers’ troubling first month a year ago.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/131290/state-of-the-program-nebraska-cornhuskers-2

There goes ESPN again...with this crazy agenda that losing to Purdue was some sort of "bottoming out" situation...Do the math! NU started a backup QB and still basically out gained Purdue. Plus, if you subtract the turnovers and subtract the toxicness it was basically a Husker win.

We were down 42-16 at one point to Purdue... I cannot think of any situation that is any lower than that. That is rock bottom.

And what was the final score? I thought they played all four quarters for a reason.

By the way...I am being totally sarcastic. That Purdue game was the worst loss I can remember.

• Fire 2

Under your smartassery, there is some truth. We were clearly capable of beating Purdue, we just didn't have the right chemistry that day. Our QB was out, our defense was all sorts of sloppy and the staff was in panic mode. Things started clicking way too late.

The Wisconsin loss is still the friggin worst.

• Fire 1

Under your smartassery, there is some truth. We were clearly capable of beating Purdue, we just didn't have the right chemistry that day. Our QB was out, our defense was all sorts of sloppy and the staff was in panic mode. Things started clicking way too late.

The Ball State loss*

That TT drubbing

The Purdue drubbing

I would put those 3 losses ahead of Wisconsin.

• Fire 1

Ball State still counts as a win dammit!

The Tech and Purdue crap shows were awful. But against Wisconsin they were a team that backed their way into a title game with 5 losses because 2 better teams were ineligible. We already beat them. They had no business being in that gaame. And somehow we let them HANG 70 FREAKIN POINTS ON US! That and I had to watch that game in a hospital room as my wifes Uncle passed away.

The Ball State loss*

That TT drubbing

The Purdue drubbing

I would put those 3 losses ahead of Wisconsin.

There's absolutely no way I'd put any of those games above either loss to Wisconsin in the B1G title game or the 408 game

• Fire 2