Transfers

That is a decent pick up.. but once again, he picks up a player that isn't a BIG man.

Recruit: "Hey, coach Miles I am a 5 star basketball player and am interested in Nebraska"

Miles: "How tall are you"

Recruit: "Excuse me, coach?"

Miles: "HOW TALL ARE YOU!?!?!"

Recruit: "Coach, I am 6'2"

Miles: "Do you have any teammates who are taller"

Recruit: "Ummm... well Sergj is 7'0, but he is our towel boy"

Miles: "Give me his number and dont ever call me again short stack... I am not allowed to recruit anyone who isnt a big man"

This is the silly post.. The most important get for us is a big man, and it should be the TOP priority. I think most understand that!

You are making an incongruous argument.

NO ONE is saying that getting a Big Man is not the top priority, but your stance seems to be to ignore anyone who ISN'T a Big Man.

And, since we always have other needs, it's not an either/or decision.

I, for one, am glad we got Palmer and still hope to add Jordy or another Big.

• Fire 1

Miles may have been able to get away with not having someone over 6-8 when coaching at Colorado St but it appears he hasn't learned it won't fly in the B1G.

Do you seriously....seriously think Miles doesn't think he needs a big man? Do you really think he thought that when he got here?

I seriously, seriously believe he thinks he can win without one or h is really bad at getting and retaining them. Either way, it doesn't bode well for him or the team.

• Fire 1

He has consistently recruited them since he has gotten here - showing that he feels that we need one to win. He was close a couple of times early and unfortunately i think that caused him to set the level too high. I like that he won't settle for anybody - I also think he has dropped his expectation level slightly from trying to get a top tier player. This should lead to NU grabbing a solid big for each of the next couple years while still trying to land a big that is in the top 150.

He has consistently recruited them since he has gotten here - showing that he feels that we need one to win. He was close a couple of times early and unfortunately i think that caused him to set the level too high. I like that he won't settle for anybody - I also think he has dropped his expectation level slightly from trying to get a top tier player. This should lead to NU grabbing a solid big for each of the next couple years while still trying to land a big that is in the top 150.

So he's settling for going after lesser players?

• Fire 1

I can look at the many mid majors around the country and the ones I saw in the NCAA's who have solid, good big man who could do well in Lincoln. I would think many of those kids would have jumped at a chance to be here. They may not be NBA material but they can be effective patroling the inside.

That is a decent pick up.. but once again, he picks up a player that isn't a BIG man.

Recruit: "Hey, coach Miles I am a 5 star basketball player and am interested in Nebraska"

Miles: "Give me his number and dont ever call me again short stack... I am not allowed to recruit anyone who isnt a big man"

This is the silly post.. The most important get for us is a big man, and it should be the TOP priority. I think most understand that!

NO ONE is saying that getting a Big Man is not the top priority, but your stance seems to be to ignore anyone who ISN'T a Big Man.

You mean you can't have a top priority because if you do it means you will ignore other recruits? Weird, I have heard coaches use that very wording numerous times - I guess, according to you, that means ignore everyone else.

• Fire 1

Yes, he probably has come to the conclusion that he is not going to get a big man that is ranked in the top 50, however he won't just take the first 6 10 guy that walks in the door. Not sure where the ? came from.

according to our roster of big men lately, he has done just that.. taken whatever he could.

• Fire 2

You mean you can't have a top priority because if you do it means you will ignore other recruits? Weird, I have heard coaches use that very wording numerous times - I guess, according to you, that means ignore everyone else.

Exactly WHAT PART of the red, bolded, highlighted portion above is too difficult to comprehend?

OF course, everyone agrees signing the proverbial BIG MAN IS the top priority but your insipid insistence that signing anyone else somehow obviates the top priority is nonsensical........

Exactly WHAT PART of the red, bolded, highlighted portion above is too difficult to comprehend?

OF course, everyone agrees signing the proverbial BIG MAN IS the top priority but your insipid insistence that signing anyone else somehow obviates the top priority is nonsensical........

before you blow a gasket, I should let you know my post had nothing whatsoever to do with ignoring anyone and only take a big. It WAS about the fact that he seems to have problems getting a true big man, nothing about ignoring other players(but once again, he picks up a player that isn't a BIG man.. see the correlation?)..

The fact that you literally think a poster would think such a thing is hilarious (the silly portion of my original post)! Sorry you made that assumption. You know what they say about making ASSumptions.

About your red.. I clearly stated this "I think most understand that!" not sure why you are so bent on that..

• Fire 1

before you blow a gasket, I should let you know my post had nothing whatsoever to do with ignoring anyone and only take a big. It WAS about the fact that he seems to have problems getting a true big man, nothing about ignoring other players(but once again, he picks up a player that isn't a BIG man.. see the correlation?)..

The fact that you literally think a poster would think such a thing is hilarious (the silly portion of my original post)! Sorry you made that assumption. You know what they say about making ASSumptions.

About your red.. I clearly stated this "I think most understand that!" not sure why you are so bent on that..

Not bent and no gasket issues...... :)

Good to know we seem to be on mostly the same page; just some semantic things that evidently didn't connect.