The Next Husker Controversy

My favorite part...people telling Bell how HE should feel.

So if you think about it...we have posters that are mad at Bell for being mad and using twitter..while the mad poster started posting stuff about about how mad they are at Bell for being mad and using twitter while they were using a post board and probably twitter at the same time to let Bell know that he is a baby and needs to settle down while they are worked up and posting and tweeting about how mad they are because he is mad and that he needs to not be mad because it is not a big deal but that they can be mad with him for being mad because him being mad is a big deal to them.

I think I covered it all

• Fire 2

I agree with this up to the point where Kenny's impatient Tweet appears to have reversed the proposed change within hours, apparently to everyone's satisfaction.

Then we will have to agree to disagree.

I mean, it's not as if Kenny doesn't have access to the coaches. He spent last summer training with Coach Williams in Lincoln. And Coach Riley has easily been the most accessible coach to former players in a LONG time. So Kenny's ability to pick up the phone, and ask questions to people to find an answer to what was going on could have happened. That would have been the grown up thing to do, to ask questions, be patient, and see what could be done.

But with no back story to what had happened with the testing results, no idea who made the decision, no idea why they made the decision, or even no idea what was going to happen going forward, he just goes straight to Twitter to complain.

Kenny asks for respect of former players, at least so he says. But it's completely ironic he shows no respect to fans, the administration, the University, or the current coaches with his Twitter postings over the last few years.

He said he called and got no response from the AD. Now, he should have probably waited a bit longer to see what the issue was, but he did try to reach out.

You and me both know the only thing that Bell could have done to make his haters happy. This:

"Just got off the phone with the 3rd floor guys at Lincoln, so happy they took down all the records from the last 10 years, those did not count anyway, glad they are moving on and glad to have my name down, always with much love to #GBR"

• Fire 2

My favorite part...people telling Bell how HE should feel about something that is directly related to him.

So if you think about it...we have posters that are mad at Bell for being mad and using twitter..while the mad poster started posting stuff about about how mad they are at Bell for being mad and using twitter while they were using a post board and probably twitter at the same time to let Bell know that he is a baby and needs to settle down while they are worked up and posting and tweeting about how mad they are because he is mad and that he needs to not be mad because it is not a big deal but that they can be mad with him for being mad because him being mad is a big deal to them.

I think I covered it all

This is such an important point and one that's lost on so many in different parts of society.

We are losing our ability to empathize.

Still curious whether all the records prior to this year were coming down (sounds more like the last 10 years were dissected out).

I get that "hand held records" versus the new "laser records" may be hard to reconcile, but I'm still curious how things like VJ, broad jump and bench press are "gamable" and would require resetting.

This was a clumsy move by Epley and I'm not sure if it was ego driven or what. I know he had issues with ego back in the early 2000s while he was taking off time from his job to work on some private ventures.

That said, people rarely get to the top of the profession without having a healthy ego. Even fewer know how to check and channel that type of ego as well as a guy like Osborne did. Yes, Osborne had a ego and was an ultra competitor... and I recall him calling out "call in fans" on more than one occasion, so no one is perfect in that regard.

My favorite part...people telling Bell how HE should feel about something that is directly related to him.

I think I covered it all

Big%20W%20470.jpg

I think I covered it all

This is such an important point and one that's lost on so many in different parts of society.

I get if you hated Bo and love Riley and I get if you think everything is awesome now and was "toxic" before...but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of those guys busted their ass and a lot of them busted their asses so that they could get on that wall, so they could set records, so they could be part of history.

What if they decided to change the way the awarded your varsity letter...and in doing so went back and eliminated anyone from Husker History that did not earn that letter according to the new format?

What if they did it with your All American status and changed the GPA requirement and made it higher and took off every name that did not meet the new requirement.

I think I covered it all

Big%20W%20470.jpg

Ha...I tried my best to make that one confusing! It hurt just typing it out!

I think I covered it all

I get if you hated Bo and love Riley and I get if you think everything is awesome now and was "toxic" before...but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of those guys busted their ass and a lot of them busted their asses so that they could get on that wall, so they could set records, so they could be part of history.

What if they decided to change the way the awarded your varsity letter...and in doing so went back and eliminated anyone from Husker History that did not earn that letter according to the new format?

What if they did it with your All American status and changed the GPA requirement and made it higher and took off every name that did not meet the new requirement.

what if your aunt had......nm

I think I covered it all

what if your aunt had......nm

Are you talking about my Aunt Johnny?

I think I covered it all

Big%20W%20470.jpg

Not confusing, just another movie reference

I think I covered it all

Big%20W%20470.jpg
Not confusing, just another movie reference

Which movie is that one? I can't place it.

lol

so Kenny goes on social media and honestly expresses his disappointment in hearing the news that his and other teammates' names will be coming off the walls for no good reason

everyone else goes on social media to tell Kenny to shut up on social media and mind his own business.

in doing so, everyone else makes a big deal out of something that didn't start as a big deal.

Turns out that Kenny's frustration resulted in what most would agree would be the right solution, not having these names taken down.

yet the people that actually made this into a story, the fans, still want to complain about kenny bell "complaining"?

• Fire 5

lol

so Kenny goes on social media and honestly expresses his disappointment in hearing the news that his and other teammates' names will be coming off the walls for no good reason

everyone else goes on social media to tell Kenny to shut up on social media and mind his own business.

in doing so, everyone else makes a big deal out of something that didn't start as a big deal.

Turns out that Kenny's frustration resulted in what most would agree would be the right solution, not having these names taken down.

yet the people that actually made this into a story, the fans, still want to complain about kenny bell "complaining"?

Plus 1 Million pluses!

This is interesting. Because obviously we aren't talking about calf raises. We are talking about things like veritical jump. I would love to know what shift in equipments or procedures invalidates the records obtained, if any, during the 10 year slice of time that Epley was out.

We are taking bench. Squat.

I'd be really curious to know the supposed variations.

Sounds like pretense to me.

That's because you don't know anything.

it's pretty damn easy to cheat at lifts. Not in the sense of using drugs or anything like that. I mean cheating in the sense of squatting 1-2" inches too high, benching where you bounce the weight off your chest or dead lifting where you bounce the weight off the floor. Perhaps these seem like minor things, but they make the lifts substantially easier. I'm sure that the players mentioned in the article are very strong, but variations in how the program tests lifts can create inflated lift numbers.

• Fire 1

lol

you are a fan so you are blaming yourself for your part in the story? or is it just all the other fans?

• Fire 1