The Next Husker Controversy

Well...it was on a flat cinder track....but I was poor and did have to run barefoot. Heh heh...

That's nothing. Our school was so poor that each hurdle lane had only one hurdle. We had to pick it up after we jumped it the first time, run with it to the next spot, set it down, hurdle it, then pick it back up and repeat all the way down the track. These days, every little darling running hurdles has somebody put out a complete set just for him beforehand...and they are still out of breath when they finish! :violin

• Fire 1

No...Tom

...or maybe we are SUPPOSED to think it's Tom destroying things, when it REALLY is Ahman. Are we supposed to believe that it's just a coincidence that they both have the same last name, are associated with UNL, AND know who Harvey Perlman is?...I think not...

but the word "restored" implies to me that Boyd intended to wipe them out entirely.

The word 'restored' to me really just makes this whole thing sound like a room redecoration exercise.

If you seriously have doubts about stuff like this...

Incoming DTs want to be like Suh, where are his marks to shoot for? What did AA do as a player?

... just look at anything on social media. They're all about celebrating everything these former Huskers did, especially recent ones. The Huskers coaches and social media team talk about Lavonte and RG4 and Ameer like they coached them themselves.

I can relate to invested alums freaking the heck out when they catch wind of some new goings-on or other. But it's all a bit silly.

• Fire 1

(Metric system sucks..only used in track and by gangstas...100 meters and 9mm)

Agreed. What use is a French yardstick that is 3 1/3 inches too long, unless it makes your surrender flag higher? :frenchy

My sister-in-law's father has a record that will never be broken back in Wisconsin: The 660 High Hurdles. The got rid of them due to the amount of injuries for which the event was responsible.

Good god man, that had to be a killer of a race. I got voluntold to run some hurdle races at invitationals where sticking in a body, even a non-hurdler body like me might get a point. If you are going to sprint. If you are going to jump, jump. But dang man...no need to mix the two together!!! Hat's off to your s-i-l's father.

If you are going to sprint. If you are going to jump, jump. But dang man...no need to mix the two together!!!

EXACTLY!! This running and jumping all at the same time is why the Good Lord invented horses. That way, people could ride on back wearing fancy costumes while a creature properly designed for the job could do it.

Epley said in December that he was starting over.

What he didn't say was that the record would be removed from view.

After it was brought up, he changed his mind and will put them back up so they can still be viewed but won't be included in his official record.