The Next Husker Controversy

Kennys attitude is a 100% reflection and molding of Bos. Its toxic, divisive, and kneejerk and overreacting. And is the attitude that needs purged from the program. Its that simple. Kenny was a pretty good player. I wont say great cuz to me he wasnt. Great players go above and beyond. Kenny to me never reached his potential.

Its always somethin with the Bo guys. Can we just be done with it?

If kenny doesnt shoot off today, no one even knows this was all goin on.

• Fire 6

Kennys attitude is a 100% reflection and molding of Bos. Its toxic, divisive, and kneejerk and overreacting. And is the attitude that needs purged from the program. Its that simple. Kenny was a pretty good player. I wont say great cuz to me he wasnt. Great players go above and beyond. Kenny to me never reached his potential.

Its always somethin with the Bo guys. Can we just be done with it?

If kenny doesnt shoot off today, no one even knows this was all goin on.

+1

What's funny is this isn't even news. It was news in December of last year.

• Fire 1

The way this is being covered by the media, you'd think Boyd Epley burned every old weightlifting record on a bonfire, dancing naked and painted in woad.

I know it's the off season, but even for that, this is being blown WAY out of proportion.

I agree the issue seems overblown, but unless I missed something, it was Boyd's intent to take them down. His statement said they were being put back up, he never denied taking them down. To me that is my issue. I fully get the reasons Boyd had, but his process to reset the "record book" was wrong. He had to be publicly shamed to realize he was wrong and that he needed to find another way to make the test results under his new testing measures stand out.
  • Fire 1

The way this is being covered by the media, you'd think Boyd Epley burned every old weightlifting record on a bonfire, dancing naked and painted in woad.

I know it's the off season, but even for that, this is being blown WAY out of proportion.

I agree the issue seems overblown, but unless I missed something, it was Boyd's intent to take them down. His statement said they were being put back up, he never denied taking them down. To me that is my issue. I fully get the reasons Boyd had, but his process to reset the "record book" was wrong. He had to be publicly shamed to realize he was wrong and that he needed to find another way to make the test results under his new testing measures stand out.

I love me some Kenny Bell. Dude is a baller and gave up his body for the team on many occasions.

But if you're going to ask me to choose between Kenny's word & Boyd's word, I'm taking Boyd's word every day and twice on Saturdays.

Think about it. What are they going to do with those old records? Shred them? Ignore them? No, they're going to put them in a book and store them, despite how perfect or flawed the current weight regime thinks they are. It's data, and these guys aren't stupid enough to wantonly destroy data.

• Fire 1

I love me some Kenny Bell. Dude is a baller and gave up his body for the team on many occasions.

But if you're going to ask me to choose between Kenny's word & Boyd's word, I'm taking Boyd's word every day and twice on Saturdays.

Think about it. What are they going to do with those old records? Shred them? Ignore them? No, they're going to put them in a book and store them, despite how perfect or flawed the current weight regime thinks they are. It's data, and these guys aren't stupid enough to wantonly destroy data.

Leaving them in a book is one thing, but the "real" record book is the wall they are up on because that is where everyone sees them. Players in the program see those results and want to be up there also, I can absolutely see why Kenny would have an issue. He gave his all and busted his butt to get on that wall and now he is taken down. We may not appreciate those records as much, but tot the players it symbolizes the sacrifice they put in. Also Boyd's comment didn't simply say that the records were being put back up on the wall, he said they were being "restored," which means to me that his intent was to actually reset the books. How do you think AA feels about that, or any other Husker since 2000 that busted their a$$ for this program?
  • Fire 2

Leaving them in a book is one thing, but the "real" record book is the wall they are up on because that is where everyone sees them. Players in the program see those results and want to be up there also, I can absolutely see why Kenny would have an issue. He gave his all and busted his butt to get on that wall and now he is taken down. We may not appreciate those records as much, but tot the players it symbolizes the sacrifice they put in. Also Boyd's comment didn't simply say that the records were being put back up on the wall, he said they were being "restored," which means to me that his intent was to actually reset the books. How do you think AA feels about that, or any other Husker since 2000 that busted their a$$ for this program?

I think if they're so worried about some weightlifting records that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, their concerns are misplaced.

Nebraska is supposed to be about conference titles and vying for national championships. This kind of stuff is a step along the path, not the goal.

This tweet cracked me up:

@AFRO_THUNDER80 I heard they also took down all the 9 win banners. Where will the madness end

Kenny's reply: This kind attitude is sad. Again not about wins/losses. It's about the guys that contributed to the program

Another from Kenny: @rooka21personally shook every single administrators hand and told them i appreciated them wen i graduated....After they just fired my coach

I takes a big man to do that... and then tweet about it. Especially the last line implying you shook their hands even though they were horrible.

Personally I think this and other tweets that are worse that have been sent to him are a load of crap.

Some fans can be jack asses.

• Fire 1