Target, Bathrooms, & a PC culture

I can not even remember the last time I was in a public restroom where if my wife walked in, she would see something she shouldn't be seeing. Seriously. It's not like people walk around naked. OK....you see a bunch of guys facing the wall and streams of piss hitting the urinals. You see some guy go into the stall and shut the door and a few minutes later wonder if the bowl now has holes blown in it.

Honestly......am I just oblivious to naked people walking around public restrooms? Is this some how different in women's restrooms???? Heck, a few months ago I was at a local establishment for a wedding dance. A woman's young child was in the restroom and yelled for mom for help. She walked in and helped him while I was standing at the urinal. Who gives a flying rip? A few minutes later, I walked out and sat and talked to her and her husband while having a beer.

Did she ask you to join her and her husband for a three way later?

This is funny. People trying to solve a problem, that really isn't a problem, by coming up with all kinds of strange and expensive ideas. Is there really a problem in telling everyone, trans people included, that they are to use the restroom indicated by the plumbing they were born with? It has worked well for a long, long time, doesn't cost anything extra, and doesn't make the vast majority of people uncomfortable. Do we really need to cater to, what is it, something like .3% of the population? I say we make this just another one of "their" issues that they have to learn to deal with. Really, it's getting just plain ridiculous at this point.

This is funny. People trying to solve a problem, that really isn't a problem, by coming up with all kinds of strange and expensive ideas. Is there really a problem in telling everyone, trans people included, that they are to use the restroom indicated by the plumbing they were born with? It has worked well for a long, long time, doesn't cost anything extra, and doesn't make the vast majority of people uncomfortable. Do we really need to cater to, what is it, something like .3% of the population? I say we make this just another one of "their" issues that they have to learn to deal with. Really, it's getting just plain ridiculous at this point.

Why don't we simply let them use the bathroom that they are most comfortable with? Running into a trans man in the restroom is really such a big issue for you?

• Fire 2

Why don't we simply let them use the bathroom that they are most comfortable with? Running into a trans man in the restroom is really such a big issue for you?

No, but running into a trans man in the restroom IS a problem for my wife and daughter and most every woman I have talked to about this. I'm just tired of 99% of the people being hammered into submission by the weird fringes of society. They are the ones with the identity problems. I say we let them continue dealing with it without impacting our lives. If this is the biggest of their problems, I would say it's not that big of a problem anyway. What makes more sense? Expecting 319,000,000 people to change and feel uncomfortable or expecting 900,000 to still maybe feel a little out of place? My bet is they feel a little strange no matter which restroom they use.

• Fire 1

No, but running into a trans man in the restroom IS a problem for my wife and daughter and most every woman I have talked to about this. I'm just tired of 99% of the people being hammered into submission by the weird fringes of society. They are the ones with the identity problems. I say we let them continue dealing with it without impacting our lives. If this is the biggest of their problems, I would say it's not that big of a problem anyway. What makes more sense? Expecting 319,000,000 people to change and feel uncomfortable or expecting 900,000 to still maybe feel a little out of place? My bet is they feel a little strange no matter which restroom they use.

Ugh!!!! How close minded. That's not inclusive at alllllllllllllll!!! Ughhhhhhhhhhh!

One question; If this isn't supposed to bother any of the 319,000,000 of people without these identity problems, why is it supposedly a much bigger problem for the ones that have identity problems?

Maybe I feel uncomfortable sharing a restroom with blonde haired people. Should I expect things to be changed to cater to my quirks?

Like I've already said, it's ridiculous..... borderline lunacy actually.

• Fire 3

I think that's more of a reflection of the people you associate with than the greater population. They're not weird, they're not "fringes" (sorry- surprise! They're everywhere!) They have ZERO identity problems. You have a problem with their identity. Your problem not theirs.

• Fire 1

Ugh!!!! How close minded. That's not inclusive at alllllllllllllll!!! Ughhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah, I'm a real bastard....probably the king of them.

I think that's more of a reflection of the people you associate with than the greater population. They're not weird, they're not "fringes" (sorry- surprise! They're everywhere!) They have ZERO identity problems. You have a problem with their identity. Your problem not theirs.

L O L.

Thanks for that, I hadn't laughed out loud like that at all yet today.

And btw, I'm not the hater you think I am (not that I particularly care what anyone thinks). I have zero problem with people who have identity issues. I have zero problem with people who choose to undergo sex change procedures. What I have a problem with is people who are actually men using women's restrooms in non-emergency situations. If some trans man or woman or it wants to come take crap next to me in Target, I don't give a flying rip. I might let lose a flying rip though.

Maybe I feel uncomfortable sharing a restroom with blonde haired people. Should I expect things to be changed to cater to my quirks?
No. Blonde haired people should be able to use gendered public restrooms according to how they identify, same as you. And same as transgendered people. No matter how many other people have a problem with it.
Equal protection under the law.
  • Fire 2

L O L.

Thanks for that, I hadn't laughed out loud like that at all yet today.

And btw, I'm not the hater you think I am (not that I particularly care what anyone thinks). I have zero problem with people who have identity issues. I have zero problem with people who choose to undergo sex change procedures. What I have a problem with is people who are actually men using women's restrooms in non-emergency situations. If some trans man or woman or it wants to come take crap next to me in Target, I don't give a flying rip. I might let lose a flying rip though.

Hey - I don't think you're a hater ... just think that certain topics make some uncomfortable, and this is one. Really the problem people have is with creepy people being in bathrooms that may be looking at you or your children or your family members in a way that's in appropriate. I guess where I get frustrated is folks that think a transgender person fits that bill. There are far more issues with creeps that 'have the right plumbing" going into a bathroom for the wrong reasons than any transgender doing so. It's fair to be worried about safety - it's unfair to say it's one particular type of person that is the one to worry about.