NU football ticket availability underscores critical nature of season

It's odd that tickets returned by opponents would count toward the sellout streak. It would seem like something an opponent could manipulate if they chose.

Yeah, I didn't think that would count either. But there was an article a month or two ago that was talking about it.

It's odd that tickets returned by opponents would count toward the sellout streak. It would seem like something an opponent could manipulate if they chose.

Well, it's not like we haven't done some manipulating of the streak of our own.

People get hung up on that, but do we do anything that other schools don't do to sell tickets?

• Fire 1

People get hung up on that, but do we do anything that other schools don't do to sell tickets?

Definitely not. But we definitely pat ourselves on the back about it a lot, which is something that other schools don't really do.

Definitely not. But we definitely pat ourselves on the back about it a lot, which is something that other schools don't really do.

Because they can't. Counting it all even, they can't. Don't kid yourself. If they could, they would. Not one school isn't looking for a way to promote themselves.

There's this revisionist history that, for some reason, feels the need to apologize for being Nebraska. I just don't feel that. Never will.

There's this revisionist history that, for some reason, feels the need to apologize for being Nebraska. I just don't feel that. Never will.

How is it revisionist to accurately describe how our sellout streak isn't quite as honest or pure of a number as the marketing makes it out to be? That's....what it actually is.

I'm certainly not apologizing. I don't have a problem with it. At all. But for everyone that goes with this revisionist history apology, as you put it, there's someone else that gets overzealous to non-Nebraskans about how high and mighty we are.

Because our streak is as real as anyone else's. But for some reason, there's this self-loathing group of people who constantly feel the need to point out the caveats to that streak.

It's as real as anyone else's streak. That's reality. The yeah-buts are revisionist.

• Fire 1

The 'streak' has amused me since the 1980's. Every broadcast I watch, you can easily pick out blank spots in the stadium.

It's ridiculous.

/s

delete

Because they can't. Counting it all even, they can't. Don't kid yourself. If they could, they would. Not one school isn't looking for a way to promote themselves.

This. Hell, we have schools giving themselves national championships retroactively. Damn right they'd claim a sellout streak if they could.

• Fire 2

I guess since we are the "best fans" in college football we also have to sell out the tickets the "right way" which I guess means that they all must be sold weeks if not months in advance AND if you see them on the secondary market you must be totally shocked and almost upset that a Husker fan would dare to sell his/her ticket.

The 'streak' has amused me since the 1980's. Every broadcast I watch, you can easily pick out blank spots in the stadium.

It's ridiculous.

/s

I was actually waiting for that poster to come on and say that.

If he does, just tell him that they were going to the bathroom or buying a Runza.

Happened to run across this again:

The streak did come close to ending during the 2015 season. NU development officer Jack Pierce told The Associated Press last month he had to call up “friends of the program” days before three games and ask them to buy up tickets returned by the opponent.

That could happen more frequently unless they find a solution to an attendance issue that’s become a nationwide problem.

OWH