Lincoln #18 Drunkest City

Not sure that's grammatically correct, but the Grammar Nazi can take it up with them, not me.

18. Lincoln, NE

>Pct. adults drinking to excess: 23.3%
>Pct. driving deaths involving alcohol: 26.7%
>Premature death: 270 deaths before age 75 per 100,000
>Median household income: $52,046

In Lincoln, 23.3% of adults report an excessive drinking habit, more than in any other city in the state. Across Nebraska, 21.4% of adults drink to excess, a larger share than in all but four other states.

Link

I have serious doubts about the accuracy of the poll really. Frankly, the ante drinking crowd has plenty of air time in Nebraska so I would not be surprised to find many Nebraskans just think they drink too much as opposed to really drinking that heavily. I moved to the twin cities from Nebraska and have plenty of Lincoln bar scene experience, etc. The levels of drinking in Nebraska don't even come close to those up here. There are more bars packed and more drinking at home by far than I ever saw there. Not sure how Minnesota came out in the polls but seriously they drink like fish up here compared to there and I thought Nebraskans drink. No comparison in my view.

I have serious doubts about the accuracy of the poll really. Frankly, the ante drinking crowd has plenty of air time in Nebraska so I would not be surprised to find many Nebraskans just think they drink too much as opposed to really drinking that heavily. I moved to the twin cities from Nebraska and have plenty of Lincoln bar scene experience, etc. The levels of drinking in Nebraska don't even come close to those up here. There are more bars packed and more drinking at home by far than I ever saw there. Not sure how Minnesota came out in the polls but seriously they drink like fish up here compared to there and I thought Nebraskans drink. No comparison in my view.

you could, like, you know, look at the article

you could, like, you know, look at the article

That'd be too hard.