Gun Control

35 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The "Red flag" is that people think they need to own a gun for anything other than hunting.

Hunting has nothing to do with the second amendment.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Hunting has nothing to do with the second amendment.

I know, you are lucky I am giving you that much.

No one needs a gun.  The second amendment was written when we used muskets.  So, there you go, you can own a musket.  How is that anything other than fair?

• TBH 1
27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I know, you are lucky I am giving you that much.

No one needs a gun.  The second amendment was written when we used muskets.  So, there you go, you can own a musket.  How is that anything other than fair?

Because at the time of crafting the people were gifted the same luxury of hand held armaments as their foes. Both domestic and abroad. 

16 minutes ago, Decked said:

Because at the time of crafting the people were gifted the same luxury of hand held armaments as their foes. Both domestic and abroad. 

Great!

So, muskets!  Problem solved.  Why would you be against that?  

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, Decked said:

That extends to the current. It does not entail just muskets. 

But you would be okay with muskets only, right?

Like, if it meant less gun deaths, less kids shooting themselves or their friends by accident, you would be okay with muskets only.  

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

But you would be okay with muskets only, right?

Like, if it meant less gun deaths, less kids shooting themselves or their friends by accident, you would be okay with muskets only.  

No. The greatest amounts of deaths via gun violence by far and away are suicide. Followed by homicides using pistols. Rifles are FAR below these. 

Both gun violence & overall homicide rates have actually fallen the last two years down to 18,761 (excluding suicides) Out of a country of 331 million. You are more likely to die from McDonald’s and your routine ride to work.

Guns particularly rifles are once again a deterrent to a hostile force both domestic and abroad. Go ask the victims of the nazis, the communists, the Middle East, etc. I will take my chances. 

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

No. The greatest deaths via gun violence by far and away is suicide & by pistols. rifles are FAR below these. 

gun violence & overall homicide rates have actually fallen the last two years down to 18,761. Out of a country of 331 million. You are more likely to die from McDonald’s and your routine ride to work.

Guns particularly rifles are once again a deterrent to a hostile force both domestic and abroad. Go ask the victims of the nazis, the communists, the Middle East, etc. I will take my chances. 

So what you are saying is we should get rid of handguns?  Agreed.  Good point.

18,761 is a lot, like, a real big number of gun deaths.  I would be okay with getting rid of McDonalds (and I LOVE McDonalds), if you are okay with getting rid of guns, not even all guns, you can still own a musket, would you be okay with that? 

The reason that any hostile forces ever "do anything" is because they have guns...if they did not have them, well...they would not be able to be so hostile, right?

Let me ask you this....if you have kids (if not, just pretend), if you have say...a 10 year old...would you rather they play in the backyard with their friends and some loaded guns OR would you rather they eat McDonalds.  You have to pick one.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
11 minutes ago, Decked said:

This is probably the worst take of gun nuts, and there are a lot of bad takes.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 6
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

So what you are saying is we should get rid of handguns?  Agreed.  Good point.

18,761 is a lot, like, a real big number of gun deaths.  I would be okay with getting rid of McDonalds (and I LOVE McDonalds), if you are okay with getting rid of guns, not even all guns, you can still own a musket, would you be okay with that? 

The reason that any hostile forces ever "do anything" is because they have guns...if they did not have them, well...they would not be able to be so hostile, right?

Let me ask you this....if you have kids (if not, just pretend), if you have say...a 10 year old...would you rather they play in the backyard with their friends and some loaded guns OR would you rather they eat McDonalds.  You have to pick one.

I don’t believe in banning any guns. I think firearm safety classes should be mandatory at schools K-12 and everyone who has guns should take a firearm safety class, hunters safety, & properly lock and store their firearms separate from ammo. If I ever have children they will be instructed and well versed about guns so they will not have the curiosity to play with firearms at a friends house. 

Those who wish to harm you do not play by rules, morals, or code. There is nothing fair here. 

This is such a specific question it is erroneous. But please reference paragraph one. Any guns come out at a friends and you remove yourself and let me know. 

• Plus1 1