Gun Control

1 minute ago, Decked said:

I don’t believe in banning any guns. I think firearm safety classes should be mandatory at schools K-12 and everyone who has guns should take a firearm safety class, hunters safety, & properly lock and store their firearms separate from ammo. If I ever have children they will be instructed and well versed about guns so they will not have the curiosity to play with firearms at a friends house. 

Those who wish to harm you do not play by rules, morals, or code. There is nothing fair here. 

This is such a specific question it is erroneous. But please reference paragraph one. Any guns come out at a friends and you remove yourself and let me know. 

But EVERY gun owner with kids says this.  But we still have kids that get killed by guns at home.  Right?  Of course.

The idea that they won't have "curiosity" is crazy.  Of course they will. 

I did not bring up McDonald's, you did, so I was just using your comparison. 

Hey let me ask you this, when you were a kid, did you do EVERYTHING your parents told you?  Did you ever once not listen to them?

Also, don't have kids, it is annoying, enjoy your freedom.  And I am just messing around with you, we both know guns are dumb, we just look at it differently.   

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This is probably the worst take of gun nuts, and there are a lot of bad takes.

I wouldn’t call myself a gun nut. I have two. I just believe there are as many foes here domestically as foreign. I’m sure the same United States government that killed entire tribes of people on its way to manifest destiny, bombed brown people in the Middle East into oblivion, locked Japanese Americans into internment camps, orchestrated the sacking of an all black Oklahoman town, & used the 9/11 tragedy as a way to power grab their way into spying on everyday Americans would never misuse their power. Hell most of the same people posting in here call that douche trump a dictator. Guess he may not be as much of a threat to democracy as everyone says. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

1 minute ago, Decked said:

I wouldn’t call myself a gun nut. I have two. I just believe there are as many foes here domestically as foreign. I’m sure the same United States government that killed entire tribes of people on its way to manifest destiny, bombed brown people in the Middle East into oblivion, locked Japanese Americans into internment camps, orchestrated the sacking of an all black Oklahoman town, & used the 9/11 tragedy as a way to power grab their way into spying on everyday Americans would never misuse their power. Hell most of the same people posting in here call that douche trump a dictator. Guess he may not be as much of a threat to democracy as everyone says. 

Oh no...

Just now, Decked said:

I would go to McDonald’s a lot more than once a year if that were true!

That is funny!  Hahaha

Well done!

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

But EVERY gun owner with kids says this.  But we still have kids that get killed by guns at home.  Right?  Of course.

The idea that they won't have "curiosity" is crazy.  Of course they will. 

I did not bring up McDonald's, you did, so I was just using your comparison. 

Hey let me ask you this, when you were a kid, did you do EVERYTHING your parents told you?  Did you ever once not listen to them?

Also, don't have kids, it is annoying, enjoy your freedom.  And I am just messing around with you, we both know guns are dumb, we just look at it differently.   

This doesn’t guarantee a 0.00% chance I agree. But I believe it decreases the likelihood in educating society & its members about proper handling of firearms. Same as I had to as a kid taking hunters safety & learning from my father. 

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Decked said:

This doesn’t guarantee a 0.00% chance I agree. But I believe it decreases the likelihood in educating society & its members about proper handling of firearms. Same as I had to as a kid taking hunters safety & learning from my father. 

Maybe, but, probably not.  Just like the "safe sex" talks at schools...I mean...no one wants to wear a rubber...I am not gonna eat my steak with saran-wrap around my tongue...you know what I mean???  :)

Plus, rubbers are for sailors.  

But for real, the quickest way to get kids to f#&% with something they shouldn't...is to tell them to not f#&% with it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Decked said:

And what exactly do you think a long rifle is going to do for you if the might of the US army was knocking at your door? 

Literally every event you listed is because we've elected s#!tty people. It would seem the more appropriate action would be to educate ourselves and elect intelligent well meaning people to lead us.

• Plus1 4

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

And what exactly do you think a long rifle is going to do for you if the might of the US army was knocking at your door? 

Literally every event you listed is because we've elected s#!tty people. It would seem the more appropriate action would be to educate ourselves and elect intelligent well meaning people to lead us.

Man I must be kind of a badass if the US army is coming to look for me. 

yes, s#!tty people get elected all the time. At every level. This is why I used the donald example. He has been called a dictator, a threat to American democracy, and accused of using the MAGA minions to do his bidding for him. Yet he still beat Hilary. Yet he still may beat biden. 

it has also occurred to me I’m arguing political opinions on a husker football forum. What a time to be alive. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Decked said:

Man I must be kind of a badass if the US army is coming to look for me. 

yes, s#!tty people get elected all the time. At every level. This is why I used the donald example. He has been called a dictator, a threat to American democracy, and accused of using the MAGA minions to do his bidding for him. Yet he still beat Hilary. Yet he still may beat biden. 

What are you even trying to argue here? Because it sounds like something that could have a secret service agent knocking soon.

• Haha 1
  • Worth a Look 1
3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I can tell, because you're not making sense :lol:

At some point you have to realize you’re arguing over opinions on a husker football message board and no matter what gets posted on here the odds of actually changing another grown man/woman’s opinion are next to 0. 

• TBH 1