Gun Control

21 minutes ago, commando said:

those shouts are falling on deaf ears.   the republicans don't care unless it's one of their kids.  they give plenty of thoughts and prayers but not a single s#!t.

If "you" really cared you would not buy guns.

If you own a gun and you cry about one side or the other side "not caring", you need to realize that you also don't care.  

I don't own a gun, I never will.  I pretty much regret that I shot a shotgun once in my life and a desert eagle handgun at a range, one time, I hated it.  

I can call people out for being dorks about their gun rights but anyone that owns a gun can't, because you don't really care.  You just say you care.  

This is not directed at you, I have no idea if you have a gun or not.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, teachercd said:

If "you" really cared you would not buy guns.

If you own a gun and you cry about one side or the other side "not caring", you need to realize that you also don't care.  

I don't own a gun, I never will.  I pretty much regret that I shot a shotgun once in my life and a desert eagle handgun at a range, one time, I hated it.  

I can call people out for being dorks about their gun rights but anyone that owns a gun can't, because you don't really care.  You just say you care.  

This is not directed at you, I have no idea if you have a gun or not.  

i still have the only gun i've ever bought.   a shotgun.   my kids ate a lot of wild game thanks to that gun.  it's locked in a gun safe a couple miles from my house.   only get it out to hunt or trap shoot.   not a great gun for trap shooting but it works and it is fun.  and since you are calling me a dork...i will tell you to shut up you dork.  lol

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, commando said:

i still have the only gun i've ever bought.   a shotgun.   my kids ate a lot of wild game thanks to that gun.  it's locked in a gun safe a couple miles from my house.   only get it out to hunt or trap shoot.   not a great gun for trap shooting but it works and it is fun.  and since you are calling me a dork...i will tell you to shut up you dork.  lol

I mean, we can google story after story of "My gun is locked up and I am a safe gun owner" where the ending was anything other than safe.

So, sadly you also don't care.  Which is totally fine most people don't actually care about making a change with guns.  You might say you care but you don't.  This would be like being against abortion and then going to get an abortion.  

And I am a HUGE dork.  I have zero problem with that!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean, we can google story after story of "My gun is locked up and I am a safe gun owner" where the ending was anything other than safe.

So, sadly you also don't care.  Which is totally fine most people don't actually care about making a change with guns.  You might say you care but you don't.  This would be like being against abortion and then going to get an abortion.  

And I am a HUGE dork.  I have zero problem with that!

I think we should focus on people breaking laws with guns and people who have guns illegally.  When we go after lawful gun owners, it pushes them to push back.  That is where much of the problem lies.  I would be most the shootings that happen here in Cleveland are committed by guns illegally obtained.  

Common sense gun laws will only happen when people meet in the middle.  Most places find themselves in on side of the spectrum or the other in terms of their laws.

• TBH 2
10 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I think we should focus on people breaking laws with guns and people who have guns illegally.  When we go after lawful gun owners, it pushes them to push back.  That is where much of the problem lies.  I would be most the shootings that happen here in Cleveland are committed by guns illegally obtained.  

Common sense gun laws will only happen when people meet in the middle.  Most places find themselves in on side of the spectrum or the other in terms of their laws.

So you mention a gun being obtained illegally.  How?

They bought it or got it from someone.  It was not a gun that was made by a bad guy in his home gun factory.  Every gun started off in a "Common sense" and "safe" gun owner.  We know that much.

If I buy a gun legally and it gets stolen from my house...I am part of the problem.

If I buy a gun legally and my kid gets to it...I am part of the problem. 

• TBH 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

How can we make this happen more often?

FYI…..The reporting of this to officials and them taking appropriate action….not the collection of this type of crap. 

I think it happens quite a bit.  I’d say at least once a year my middle school gets a tip that law enforcement looks into.  Thankfully none have been found to be serious threats.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

How can we make this happen more often?

FYI…..The reporting of this to officials and them taking appropriate action….not the collection of this type of crap. 

Man they're coming for our RPGs now?

• Oh Yeah! 1