Gun Control

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Were not even talking about a VERY small minority wanting to completely take guns away.  We cant even get background checks which 90% of Americans are in favor of for Christ sake. 

there are (in all 50 States) mandatory background checks for every sale through a licensed dealer. those sales currently account for 78% of all firearms sales...

the "universal background check"...which I am in favor of...would apply to gun shows and some private sales

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

there are (in all 50 States) mandatory background checks for every sale through a licensed dealer. those sales currently account for 78% of all firearms sales...

the "universal background check"...which I am in favor of...would apply to gun shows and some private sales

I didn’t know this!  Thanks for sharing.

Additional clarity, 

• Around 80% of all firearms acquired for criminal purposes are obtained through transfers from unlicensed sellers,5 and 96% of inmates convicted of gun offenses who were already prohibited from possessing a firearm at the time of the offense obtained their firearm from an unlicensed seller.6
  • Individuals who commit crimes with firearms may intentionally seek to purchase guns from sellers who aren’t required to run background checks. Purchasers from Armslist.com, a major online firearms marketplace, were nearly seven times as likely to have a firearm-prohibiting criminal record than people attempting to buy guns from licensed dealers.7 (This is discussed more fully on our page on online gun sales.)

lawcenter.giffords.org

Which brings me to:

1.  We need broad checks for the entire US with the same database.  

2.  Outlawing AR/AK type guns (and yes, I want to go out and get the ones currently in peoples hands but that is a topic I know will generate another level of responses) is the best way to limit access to those for people who are already obtaining guns illegally.

58 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

i mean, yes they’re both using fear as a motivator, but one is to stop the deaths of innocents and the other is to make money.

I'm not as optimistic that it's that pure of a cause.  Anti gun funding has basically gone from nothing to millions over the years.  Not all that money is going toward ad campaigns.  Bowl games are non profit, yet someone always finds a way to become a Millionaire off of them.

On the flip side I think it's pretty silly to call the NRA a terrorist group and not all of them are solely interested in money.

7 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm not as optimistic that it's that pure of a cause.  Anti gun funding has basically gone from nothing to millions over the years.  Not all that money is going toward ad campaigns.  Bowl games are non profit, yet someone always finds a way to become a Millionaire off of them.

On the flip side I think it's pretty silly to call the NRA a terrorist group and not all of them are solely interested in money.

OK....so....

You support universal back ground checks

The NRA spends millions in Washington to block those checks.

Support for back ground checks have grown over the years to the point that over 70% of Americans support them.

That support has brought in millions of dollars to help fight the NRA from stopping this.

And......you're upset or suspicious because the "anti-NRA" people now have millions of dollars to fight the NRA.

Question:

How do you suppose they are going to fight the NRA and get these back ground checks passed (that you support) without millions of dollars in Washington?

23 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove.

Your lack of ability to provide proof for you claim leads me to believe it is false until you prove otherwise.

You're the one wanting proof, I gave you a great starting point.  I'll sleep fine either way tonight regardless.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How do you suppose they are going to fight the NRA and get these back ground checks passed (that you support) without millions of dollars in Washington?

Probably by convincing a whole state to deem the NRA a terrorist group.  But yes I'm sure every penny went to a noble cause.  Just like every charity spends every dime on a hungry child.

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

I'm telling you without proof all you have is an unfounded opinion and it weakens your argument to nothing.  Proof that NRA is doing what was said above has been expounded on by the media for years now.

Proof that the Anti NRA even exists as a group?  Non existent.

That they lobby congress.  Non existent.

That they spend millions.  Non existent.

Cough up some evidence or GTFO of here with your bogus claims.  Burden of proof for YOUR STANCE is on YOU. Not on me.  If you can't put up evidence, stop making claims.

I gave you Google, no need to get nasty

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

You lazy?  Serious question.

I don't have to google you reasons for you.  You made the claim, I didn't.

qJTcOPV.png

Okay okay.  I spoiled you and typed "anti NRA groups" into that Google link

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-verizon&sxsrf=ACYBGNTGQ0RZSstwFfjX_CYEnio2l5d5Cw%3A1568741700007&ei=RBmBXUmGnLYFydi-oA4&q=anti+nra+groups&oq=anti+nra&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.35i39j0l7.5755.8801..9916...0.1..0.214.2558.0j15j1......0....1.........0i71j0i22i30j0i22i10i30j33i299j33i160j0i131.3tbRpRwZK1w

I hope this helps

3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Last I checked, no one was claiming California is an Anti-NRA organization.  It's a state and it was government that passed that.  It still proves none of your claims nor provides any evidence for them.

The same state that threatens to secede.

Can you actually tell me what it is you think I'm claiming?  Or are you just hitching you're wagon to a hot button issue?

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

You're sitting on your TV and watching your couch dude...You couldn't argue a free bowl of soup from a soup kitchen with your weak game right now.

I wish you'd just provide all that evidence that supports your claim.  Then we could stop with all this BS.

Here's an article that talks about Anti NRA funding.  It took me about 5 seconds to find after that google search

https://www.fastcompany.com/90233606/the-anti-gun-violence-movement-is-catching-up-to-nra-funding

It points to my problem which is the funding in general and the political involvement.  Funding only goes so far towards a cause, then it goes into pockets....just like the NRA.

But sure, it's all noble because the NRA wants more mass shootings, or something like that right?

7 minutes ago, Redux said:

Here's an article that talks about Anti NRA funding.  It took me about 5 seconds to find after that google search

https://www.fastcompany.com/90233606/the-anti-gun-violence-movement-is-catching-up-to-nra-funding

It points to my problem which is the funding in general and the political involvement.  Funding only goes so far towards a cause, then it goes into pockets....just like the NRA.

But sure, it's all noble because the NRA wants more mass shootings, or something like that right?

You're not playing the same sport.

• Plus1 1