Lucky, Glenn and Jackson

from the sounds of Saturday's scrimmage these guys are fightling like hell for the top spot....they all bring a little something different to the table, but it is beginning to sound like Lucky is finally developing into the all around back that cally really likes....IMHO if Glenn is gonna get alot of the work he is going to have to catch the ball more out of the backfield......but who knows? this is a helluva battle for starting I back honors....

hunter

I think Lucky will end up being the starter and Glenn in situations. Anyone think we have a Bush-White thing with these guys? Out of highschool Lucky was compared to Bush a lot, maybe just becuase he was from California but either way if Lucky is anything like Bush, Glenn cant definetly be a White.

no offense but im so tired of the thunder and lightning, bush and white comparisons.. too much exposure.. the difference between them is that lendale never worked. if he had he could have been better than bush. Glenn works his ass off. Glenn is gonna be the starter IMO. he is strong, good speed, doesnt go down without a fight, and has experience in critical situations.

I think some people put too much stock into who the "starter" is.

Reggie Bush didn't always "start" at I-back every game, but it was obvious he was the best running back they had.

Whoever starts the game is really irrelevant, it's what they do when they get in. I think both Lucky and Glenn will get a lot of reps early on with L-Jax getting in situations and as a change up. The first two games of the season will be a real test as to who is going to get more carries than the others.

Regardless who "starts" I think both Lucky and Glenn will get plenty of carries with L-Jax getting more as he proves himself.

Also, Kenny Wilson is the wildcard. It's tough to know exactly how he will fit into the offense once he gets on campus. He may easily unseat both Lucky and Glenn or he may struggle to understand the playbook and adjust to the d-1 game. Nobody knows. The only thing for sure is we have great depth and that is something that is never a bad thing.

I think some people put too much stock into who the "starter" is.

Reggie Bush didn't always "start" at I-back every game, but it was obvious he was the best running back they had.

Whoever starts the game is really irrelevant, it's what they do when they get in. I think both Lucky and Glenn will get a lot of reps early on with L-Jax getting in situations and as a change up. The first two games of the season will be a real test as to who is going to get more carries than the others.

Regardless who "starts" I think both Lucky and Glenn will get plenty of carries with L-Jax getting more as he proves himself.

Also, Kenny Wilson is the wildcard. It's tough to know exactly how he will fit into the offense once he gets on campus. He may easily unseat both Lucky and Glenn or he may struggle to understand the playbook and adjust to the d-1 game. Nobody knows. The only thing for sure is we have great depth and that is something that is never a bad thing.

Good point.

It's an accomplishment to be the starter, but in this case when you don't have a senior in there like Ross I am sure both Glenn, Lucky and possibly Leon will see some time on the field.

from the sounds of Saturday's scrimmage these guys are fightling like hell for the top spot....they all bring a little something different to the table, but it is beginning to sound like Lucky is finally developing into the all around back that cally really likes....IMHO if Glenn is gonna get alot of the work he is going to have to catch the ball more out of the backfield......but who knows? this is a helluva battle for starting I back honors....

hunter

I get on here and other sites everyday and read about Glenn...i've never once read he isnt catching the ball. I dont think they are throwing it to him. I think, or I know, that when he comes in...the offense gets fired up that they get to watch someone who is going to run hard and work harder for the yards he'll get. I dont think they've throw much to him because they like to watch him run over people. Like he will...ALL season.

If I remember correctly we have another Jackson on board who some felt was just as good as Cory last spring. If he come back in the fall as strong as he was he will have to be considered.

Man having all these problems really suck don't they? :sarcasm

im one of those. I thought B-Jax, if healthy, would have a good spring and perhaps lock up the starting position. he has good speed, power, and the most experience in Callahan's system. But now it is a toss-up. i hope he comes on the scene in the fall and shows what he can do.

What I read on every husker related board or website is that Glenn is the man, like someone said earlier he is working his tail off and the team loves him. If Cody is not the man then the coaches (Callahan) must be going on hype and what happened in high school (potential). Cody don't dance into the hole or fall down. It is all according to what they want,somebody that can get the needed yards and YAC or someone who may get 50 or lose 5 on every play. Just my thoughts not to dog anyone else but the give praise to the C-Train.