The 2016 Republican National Convention

Only caught snips of the overall activities but based on what I heard:

I've lost all respect that I once had for guiliani.

The general saying we can't be a country that deals in hyperbole on the heels of saying we are more unsafe than every as a country was a distasteful irony.

The strong arm tactics in putting down the floor call were typical of a trump campaign and disturbing.

Trumps wife gave a nice, but unmoving, speech. I don't care if it was plagiarized or not. Many speeches are. Hell, they probably hired the same speech writer. I just found it to be so bland that it was basically forgettable.

This isn't my Republican Party any more.

It's true, you can deny it all you want. The attacks are growing each day.

Terrorist attacks could grow by 1000% and it still would not pose the existential threat that America lived under during the Cold War; even leaving aside actual nuclear holocaust, our casualties and costs in conventional wars was higher than now.

I'm not deflecting anything, nor am I denying anything. I am saying it is not an issue. Does it make Trump look dumb? sure... but again, who cares. Trump is a joke, but Hillary is a criminal!

Proof, please. Verifiable, objective, proof. Otherwise, the bolded above is simply a lie.

So OJ didn't kill Nicole and Ronald?

and Hillary never sent emails, as she stated?

I suppose this plagiarizing will be considered a bigger deal than Hilary and her emails. That's how this world works nowadays.

Nice deflection.

This is quite comical and on point for the left right to demonize deflect what a very strong and classy speech Michelle Obama wrote and presented in 2008 and that was stolen and repeated by Melania Trump gave. The overall night was strong with Rudys speech being so on point for how most Americans are feeling right now with the unease across this country. And let's not forget Obama has reused speeches before as shown here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/19/short-history-political-plagiarism-melania-trump

Corrected for accuracy on the Internet...

Lol...you are falling right in line with your wonderful party trying to demonize any females that speak on behalf of a conservative. This happened with Fiorina earlier in the primary cycle too. Leftists attack any woman that doesn't fall in line with their beliefs. Who cares if a few lines were similar...Michelle Obama should be flattered. The left has done a good job of trying to make this an issue and deflect from what was a very good night of pointing out the Obama/Hillary failures to keep this country safe. Average voters tuning in aren't going to care about this nitpicking and are going to most likely remember that Melania was completely classy, and Rudy completely dissected the Obama/Clinton failures over the past 7 years.

I'm not deflecting anything, nor am I denying anything. I am saying it is not an issue. Does it make Trump look dumb? sure... but again, who cares. Trump is a joke, but Hillary is a criminal!

Proof, please. Verifiable, objective, proof. Otherwise, the bolded above is simply a lie.

Focus. Concentrate. See that word "criminal"? Now, with that as your free clue, try again.

OJ is, in fact, in prison. So he is a criminal.

Hillary has not been convicted, let alone charged. So these are not similar.

I'm waiting for David Duke to be the guest surprise speaker to introduce Donald on the last day of the convention. Cherry on top.

Haha...or we could see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, or better yet Louis Farrakhan introduce Hillary next week. That would be in alignment with the Democrats support for an organization such as BLM that has advocated the killing of cops. And guess what...another police officer has been shot in Kansas City.

I suppose this plagiarizing will be considered a bigger deal than Hilary and her emails. That's how this world works nowadays.

Nice deflection.

This is quite comical and on point for the left right to demonize deflect what a very strong and classy speech Michelle Obama wrote and presented in 2008 and that was stolen and repeated by Melania Trump gave. The overall night was strong with Rudys speech being so on point for how most Americans are feeling right now with the unease across this country. And let's not forget Obama has reused speeches before as shown here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/19/short-history-political-plagiarism-melania-trump

This happened with Fiorina earlier in the primary cycle too.

Are you referring to when Trump was making fun of her face during debates and stuff? Because that wasn't the left doing that.

Nice deflection.

Lol...you are falling right in line with your wonderful party trying to demonize any females that speak on behalf of a conservative. This happened with Fiorina earlier in the primary cycle too. Leftists attack any woman that doesn't fall in line with their beliefs. Who cares if a few lines were similar...Michelle Obama should be flattered. The left has done a good job of trying to make this an issue and deflect from what was a very good night of pointing out the Obama/Hillary failures to keep this country safe. Average voters tuning in aren't going to care about this nitpicking and are going to most likely remember that Melania was completely classy, and Rudy completely dissected the Obama/Clinton failures over the past 7 years.

Funny thing, that. The "left" didn't do a thing to make it an issue. The blatant, obvious, virtually word-for-word, phrase-for-phrase, plagiarism spoke for itself. So, talk about deflection...

Funny thing, that. The "left" didn't do a thing to make it an issue. The blatant, obvious, virtually word-for-word, phrase-for-phrase, plagiarism spoke for itself. So, talk about deflection...

Umm..I saw Debbie Wass Schultz all over this topic earlier today. I guess if you don't consider her a part of the left, there is not much you can be convinced of.

Umm..I saw Debbie Wass Schultz all over this topic earlier today. I guess if you don't consider her a part of the left, there is not much you can be convinced of.

Focus. Your claim is that the "left" made this an issue. Now, re-read my statement, above. Consider, for a moment the fact that there would be NO issue if there had been NO plagiarism, and then realize why your response is so wrong.

Plagiarism is wrong period. No excuses. I teach at a local univ part time and that is something we take very seriously. Biden also found out the hard way - it derailed his 1988 campaign for Pres. The blind loyalty you describe is a scary thing.

Local (left leaning) radio personalities offered this conspiracy theory:

The speech was a set up. By the Stop Trump group who sabotaged the speech on purpose.

They also said the speech would have got a grad of A- at Trump University

• Fire 1

Focus. Your claim is that the "left" made this an issue. Now, re-read my statement, above. Consider, for a moment the fact that there would be NO issue if there had been NO plagiarism, and then realize why your response is so wrong.

Listen (since you seem to like very direct approaches as a debating style by using words like focus a lot)...what you are suggesting makes sense in the context that the left did not make Melania's speech last night. So taking your thought process further, are you willing to state that the right did not make the Benghazi situation an "issue" since HIllary is the one who was in charge of the state department and had multiple missteps? Would you agree with that?

Listen (since you seem to like very direct approaches as a debating style by using words like focus a lot)...what you are suggesting makes sense in the context that the left did not make Melania's speech last night. So taking your thought process further, are you willing to state that the right did not make the Benghazi situation an "issue" since HIllary is the one who was in charge of the state department and had multiple missteps? Would you agree with that?

No - to do that would require ignoring the 7 or 8 or however many investigations and the millions or tens of millions or more spent by right-wing nut jobs to reveal that...there was no wrong-doing by Secretary Clinton. So, as to Benghazi, you have a case in which the nut-right manufactured an issue - and then much like the Keystone Cops, spent all that time and money disproving the very claim they tried to make into an issue.