not my guess either bub

Apparently it is bub

What's the difference between "this is my honest assessment and guess of how the team will perform this season" and "i'm going to make some excuses ahead of time", in your eyes?

And what if the inexperienced players are actually to blame?

Point out where in there I made a guess that we will perform poorly this year, please.

Quote from you: "And what if the inexperienced players are actually to blame?".

What are you "blaming" the players for ?

To "blame" for what ? What's the reason you're throwing the players under the bus... in advance ?

Here's the thing... there was a question mark at the end. I guess I shouldn't have assumed that you'd be able to keep up with the rhetoric and understanding that it was a hypothetical question, not a real one, but even if it was real, it's not a statement. It's a question.

I'm not blaming the players for anything. To do so would be to actually assert a statement, which I didn't. Nevermind that first you claimed I made a guess that we will perform poorly, but now it's switched to me blaming the players for something. Which is it?

Hint: It's neither.

• Fire 2

I think the buy in will be greater this year and will show on the field. 7-8 wins.

My concerns are with Armstrong and his decision making.

Langsdorf doing a lot of "TA can be Dan Marino" type series (3 and outs).

Banker being predictable, predictable, and more predictable. Not attacking and getting heat on their QB.

My hope is MR saw how good TA can be on the ground and infuse that into the play calling. More motion and wham blocks by Wrs..

Here's the thing... there was a question mark at the end. I guess I shouldn't have assumed that you'd be able to keep up with the rhetoric and understanding that it was a hypothetical question, not a real one, but even if it was real, it's not a statement. It's a question.

I'm not blaming the players for anything. To do so would be to actually assert a statement, which I didn't. Nevermind that first you claimed I made a guess that we will perform poorly, but now it's switched to me blaming the players for something. Which is it?

Hint: It's neither.

Merriam-Webster definition of... BLAME: to say or think a person or thing is responsible for something bad that has happened.

There your words buddy... you own them.

Merriam-Webster definition of... BLAME: to say or think a person or thing is responsible for something bad that has happened.

That's great. I don't think that.

Do you understand how questions work? See, I'm asking a question, but what I'm not doing is saying, "You don't understand how questions work." Those are different things entirely.

Seemed like a pointed question to me. But maybe I was reading too much.

It was. You seem unwilling to ever assign any kind of responsibility to the players in any scenario, so I was asking if, hypothetically, when inexperienced players make bad decisions or do things wrong in the upcoming season, if it's okay to acknowledge that, or do we always need to give them a pass and figure out how to attribute the fault to the coaches.

• Fire 2

I assess the players with a certain number of wins and losses. If they achieve more than that, it's attributable to the coaches.

Same if they achieve less.

The mark of good or poor coaching is the ability to exceed talent or waste it.

Ps, if you were making a point with a Q, it seems unfair to knock psycho for addressing the point you were making by claiming you were "just asking questions" - sidenote, that reminds me of a great Cartman scene.

Psycho took a hypothetical question aimed towards you and turned it into, first, an assertion that I am guessing our team will perform badly this year, and then next, me blaming players for... I'm not really sure what. The season that hasn't happened yet? Idk.

I honestly can't read his posts because of the way he uses (or doesn't use) the quote function.

Anyway, I think we agree that this team has the talent, experienced or otherwise, to win 9 reg season games against this schedule. Personally, from a pure talent perspective, there's no team that they aren't 50/50 with except OSU, but I accept a game or two will probably be dropped based on the fact we aren't far more talented overall than some of our opponents and sometimes players or coaches have bad days.

Drop more than 4 games, I will consider it a complete squandering of talent by this staff.

Psycho took a hypothetical question aimed towards you and turned it into, first, an assertion that I am guessing our team will perform badly this year, and then next, me blaming players for... I'm not really sure what. The season that hasn't happened yet? Idk.

Definition: Rhetorical Question: A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked to make a point rather than to elicit an answer.

You came here to play the excuse/blame game and you got called out. And then you admitted to what you were doing in your comment #188. And here you are still trying to play the blame game. Your high school level games don't work with me.

You chose to play your game with the word "blame" and you directed your game at the players... you own it.

Enough

This team is as deep as 90 to95% of teams in the country. So it should be able to finish in the top 5% to 10% and no worse than top 20% this season, even with injuries.

Name a season where the previous HC's who won at least 9 games didn't lose a key contributor or more to injury.

#tiredoftheexcusemaking

Where in the hell are you getting those percentages?
Where are you and others getting ones that pretend like we are deathly thin compared to be rest of the field?

We have a talented roster. Adjusted for attrition, it's a top 25 roster. That means it's probably pretty much in a dead heat with numbers 11-35, give or take some spots. With 128 teams in FBS, that puts us solidly among the top 15%. I gave a little bump i guess because I'm a bit of a homer for our players. And because we are way out ahead of most of our scheduled opponents.

Point is, NU's roster is not as thin as those propositioning excuses would like to believe.

Notice in my original post that I said inexperienced depth. Meaning that there's certainly warm bodies there but they have little to no actual playing time.
Inexperienced depth is an excuse though, you see?

#ScrewLogic

If it's an excuse, then it's an excuse for almost every team in the country.

#dealinreality

#stopapplyingadoublestandard

Omg dude, this isn't twitter. Stop with the hashtags already.

#pickuponsarcasm