I will not be there it makes me too angry to be there and watch my team lose again and again.

That's good, man, because the players, coaches, and other fans don't want you there.

Agree....I would hate to be the poor sap that would have to sit by him.

Not me I would love to sit next to him in those PREMIUM seats he has

"Is success just about winning? Acclaim? Trophies? Wealth? Our personal happiness or satisfaction? I have been blessed to experience some of these over the years, and I can answer without batting an eye: No. Accomplishments, applause, awards and fortune are rewards that often come as the result of hard work and a determined spirit, but there is something bigger. Something better. Something that will outlast the winningest season, the plushest corner office, the heftiest bonus and the loudest cheers. That something can only be found when we look beyond the final score." - Tom Osborne

What do people actually think, "Not the victory, but the action" means?

• Fire 3

For me it just comes down to how quickly the new talent making starts can adjust to it. I feel like on Defense we are going to be much saltier than people think, but from sheer lack of experience we will give up some big plays.

I'm feeling a 9-3 season and that would be acceptable I think. I say that expecting 2017 to be a giant leap forward.

Considering that we return 6 out of 7 starters in the back seven and several backups played significantly last year, I don't think big plays that are given up can be attributed to lack of experience.

Are we not going to start the Davis twins or new faces in the secondary? Even the smallest rotation with an inexperienced player can allow for a big play.

But I see what you mean. You also glazed over the part where I said we are going to be much saltier on defense than many expect.

For me it just comes down to how quickly the new talent making starts can adjust to it. I feel like on Defense we are going to be much saltier than people think, but from sheer lack of experience we will give up some big plays.

I'm feeling a 9-3 season and that would be acceptable I think. I say that expecting 2017 to be a giant leap forward.

Considering that we return 6 out of 7 starters in the back seven and several backups played significantly last year, I don't think big plays that are given up can be attributed to lack of experience.

Are we not going to start the Davis twins or new faces in the secondary? Even the smallest rotation with an inexperienced player can allow for a big play.

But I see what you mean. You also glazed over the part where I said we are going to be much saltier on defense than many expect.

No, I don't think any of them will start.

I didn't glaze over anything. I read your entire post and pointed out where I disagreed.

• Fire 1

Oh it will be, thats how the "we will get em next yr." crowd rolls

Edited by Mavric
Moved reply out of quote

I didn't glaze over anything. I read your entire post and pointed out where I disagreed.

I'm not trying to disagree, I'm genuinely looking for insight here. We aren't going to be starting any new faces up front in 2016?

Oh it will be, thats how the "we will get em next yr." crowd rolls

I'm not looking to make excuses, I'm looking at it in terms of a general coaching change. (I've done no research to support this, merely my opinion based off what I've seen and remember).

-Year 1 can go either really well or really crappy depending on what kind of system the new coach wants to run. If it's different, expect closer to crappy. Unfortunately that's what we got.

-Year 2 the returning players are more comfy and want to do better than last year. Some glitches from previous year get fixed and the record improves.

-Year 3 most the players on the team are familiar with the system and weren't starting when it came in or they were recruited for it. If by year 3 you are still turning in a 4-5 loss season, the coach has probably hit his ceiling.

Some coaches excel right away or in year 2 but that usually happens at a school that was forced to change coaches on the heels of an ugly scandal or that school is located in the SEC or is Ohio State.

Again, just my opinion.

I'm not trying to disagree, I'm genuinely looking for insight here. We aren't going to be starting any new faces up front in 2016?

K-Mo is probably locked in at one DT. The other will be Mick/Davis/Davis. Mick played a little last year, but I wouldn't call him experienced by any means. Although I would guess the hope is to rotate the 4 of them.

As far as CBs, I would think that Kalu/Jones enter as the #1 CBs. I guess L Jackson could make a push, but its tough to know how a TFr will react to live play. Is E Lee the starting nickel?

At S, one spot is Gerry. The other is between Williams/Williams/Reed. They all had some good experience last year I think. Then you also have A Anderson added to the mix as well. Can he bump one of those 3?

• Fire 1

Solid input ^. So while we aren't starting Freshmen, we do have some experience in the depth and will feature several new faces in the rotation. Even more so if we experience ugly injuries.

Those new faces all feel very athletically gifted and have loads of potential. But my original thought stays the same, some will give up some very big and possibly crucial plays. My hope is that those big plays will be more limited this year and won't be the deciding factor in the games outcome.

In a nutshell, that's what I was originally getting at.

Hello all.

I'm just curious what the majority of Nebraska fans think of the Indiana game?

I know going into the last 2-3 weeks of the regular season that Indiana and Nebraska had two of the five worst pass defenses in the country... It wasn't great for us and I'm sure hard to watch for NU fans.

It's our homecoming game and we should be very deep at OL and RB (and WR) but with an inexperienced QB, a frighteningly thin DL unit and, while some good players at LB and secondary, not tons of consistency.

Just curious what everyone thinks. Best of luck this year.

• Fire 2

Hello all.

I know going into the last 2-3 weeks of the regular season that Indiana and Nebraska had two of the five worst pass defenses in the country... It wasn't great for us and I'm sure hard to watch for NU fans.

It's our homecoming game and we should be very deep at OL and RB (and WR) but with an inexperienced QB, a frighteningly thin DL unit and, while some good players at LB and secondary, not tons of consistency.

Welcome to the board! Glad we finally get to meet as conference opponents. Sad we will have played Rutgers twice before facing a Big Ten staple.

Anyways, we did struggle against the pass early on but we started getting better down the stretch once we got different personnel in the secondary. I feel we should be much improved in that area.

Indiana does frighten me a bit in the sense I think we all expect a bit of a shootout. Couple that with it being a first time meeting and on the road and we could be looking at a real trap game if we don't come ready to play on Defense. I'm looking forward to it.

Good luck this year!

Your understanding of these concepts as they apply to coaches seem to be selectively applied.

Hello all.

My buddy lives right near Bloomington… Actually right by the stadium. Can you tell me what it's like on game day and are the bars a lot of fun?

More than winning! (Tom Osborne)

The phrase "More than winning!" necessarily includes winning as an important aspect of the objective sought. Osborne wanted to win and do it the right way - not simply do it the right way and hope for the best!

My first football coach had his own way of expressing his outlook - "Winning isn't everything but what the hell is losing?"