Anyone who does not feel disappointment at the last 18 years has some other agenda other than wanting what all sports fans want.

Sports fans by their very nature want their favorite athlete or team to win the race... to take the title... to win the championship. It's the nature of sports.

I want Nebraska to win every game. I cheer like crazy. I love this team, program, school and state. But if they lose, know what it does to me? Nothing. Know how it negatively effects me? It doesn't. Even in the rare moments that I get momentarily bummed by a result, one of the most exciting things in the world to me would be to immediately go to another game.

Not the victory but the action. In the deed, the glory. These are carved onto our stadium for a reason.

• Fire 2

If you're not first, you're last.

this^ If it doesn't bother you when your team is doing poorly, I question your passion.

if you stop supporting your team when it doing poorly i question your fandom.

I don't think anyone should stop supporting your team, I know I do. I just don't know how you can have a meh attitude after losing. That is how losing becomes a habit!

Anyone who does not feel disappointment at the last 18 years has some other agenda other than wanting what all sports fans want.

Sports fans by their very nature want their favorite athlete or team to win the race... to take the title... to win the championship. It's the nature of sports.

I want Nebraska to win every game. I cheer like crazy. I love this team, program, school and state. But if they lose, know what it does to me? Nothing. Know how it negatively effects me? It doesn't. Even in the rare moments that I get momentarily bummed by a result, one of the most exciting things in the world to me would be to immediately go to another game.

Not the victory but the action. In the deed, the glory. These are carved onto our stadium for a reason.

That's the single most absurd thing I have ever read on a sports chat board.

Nick Saban quotes:

"I hate losing more than I like winning"

"I don't know it it's fear of failure as much as it is the fear of the feeling of failing. You just don't want to have that feeling of what it's like to lose. I tell the players that".

"I wouldn't want to coach or be the coach at some place where they didn't have high expectations for what they thought they could accomplish".

Bill Parcells quote:

"There were only two things in football - winning and misery".

At the heart of every great athlete and every great coach, is a never ending desire to win and an extreme obsession of dislike of loosing. You appear to know nothing about that.

Instead you are part of a cabal of people who frequent Nebraska football chat boards that have some other agenda. What are we to say to elite recruits... come to Nebraska because we don't care if you loose ? Do we say to elite recruits... come to Nebraska where we don't care about loosing... we just want you to entertain us ?

You appear to not have even the most basic, fundamental, understanding about sports.

This got even worse than I thought it would

This is "the" single most important subject to be discussed by Nebraska fans and the Nebraska program.

Football is a performance sport, judged harshly by wins and losses. If we don't demand success and instead we accept failure... then we are toast... done as an elite program.

This is "the" single most important subject to be discussed by Nebraska fans and the Nebraska program.

Football is a performance sport, judged harshly by wins and losses. If we don't demand success and instead we accept failure... then we are toast... done as an elite program.

You do realize you aren't on the team or staff right?

I hate it when Nebraska loses, used to get really worked up. But it makes no difference how I react, they are still going to perform the same whether I choose to belittle the staff online or try to encourage others that it will get better.

• Fire 3

***BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND***

9k9eELh.png

The only "projected" loss is OSU, so if you add in the toss ups, I see 4 more games with a good chance to lose. IMO, with the lack of depth and experience on the lines, I can see anywhere from 7-9 wins.

If I had to call it now:

Fresno - W

Wyoming - W

Oregon - L

@ NW - W

Illinois - W

@ Indiana - L

Purdue - W

@Wisconsin - L

@ OSU - L

Minnesota - W

Maryland - W

@ Iowa - W

For me it just comes down to how quickly the new talent making starts can adjust to it. I feel like on Defense we are going to be much saltier than people think, but from sheer lack of experience we will give up some big plays.

I'm feeling a 9-3 season and that would be acceptable I think. I say that expecting 2017 to be a giant leap forward.

I hate it when Nebraska loses, used to get really worked up. But it makes no difference how I react, they are still going to perform the same whether I choose to belittle the staff online or try to encourage others that it will get better.

Fan reaction is just as important as "news media" reaction... in fact it's more important because "news media" reaction is led around by the nose by fan reaction.

And it's not "belittle"... it's holding the coaches and athletic director accountable, responsible. They should be held accountable... always. No more excuses.

• Fire 1

Fan reaction is just as important as "news media" reaction... in fact it's more important because "news media" reaction is led around by the nose by fan reaction.

And it's not "belittle"... it's holding the coaches and athletic director accountable, responsible. They should be held accountable... always. No more excuses.

Important to who? Held accountable by who?

Yes we as fans demand, and should, a strong in field product and some hardware for our loyalty. But none of us are in any position to be making demands.

• Fire 1

For me it just comes down to how quickly the new talent making starts can adjust to it. I feel like on Defense we are going to be much saltier than people think, but from sheer lack of experience we will give up some big plays.

I'm feeling a 9-3 season and that would be acceptable I think. I say that expecting 2017 to be a giant leap forward.

Considering that we return 6 out of 7 starters in the back seven and several backups played significantly last year, I don't think big plays that are given up can be attributed to lack of experience.

• Fire 1