If we can finish 10-2 with minimal injuries, 9-3 with standard injuries or 8-4 with "Nebraska standard" injuries/Riley befuddling loss to crap team we should be in pretty good shape moving into 2017. Next season feels like a breakout year.

It is always "next yr. and then the next and the next and..............

• Fire 1

15-0 if the coaches call plays that work...

Seriously, I expect a B1G West title. Whatever record gets us to that (9-3?), I'll take it.

I'm not worried about the offense. It will be fine, just like it was last year. The D is what needs to make major improvements.

Well lets see what happens in Decemeber. We might win our first two. This is literally the easiest season we have had in a long time, If we get to the B10 champ game and lose again by lets say 50 what do we say then?

I can play this hypothetical game too...

What if we get to the B10 champ game and upset #1 ranked OSU? What do we say then?

• Fire 2

15-0 if the coaches call plays that work...

Seriously, I expect a B1G West title. Whatever record gets us to that (9-3?), I'll take it.

I'm not worried about the offense. It will be fine, just like it was last year. The D is what needs to make major improvements.

Well lets see what happens in Decemeber. We might win our first two. This is literally the easiest season we have had in a long time, If we get to the B10 champ game and lose again by lets say 50 what do we say then?

I can play this hypothetical game too...

What if we get to the B10 champ game and upset #1 ranked OSU? What do we say then?

of the 2 bold statements I came up with this probability of occurrence:

Red Five > KazLong

If we can finish 10-2 with minimal injuries, 9-3 with standard injuries or 8-4 with "Nebraska standard" injuries/Riley befuddling loss to crap team we should be in pretty good shape moving into 2017. Next season feels like a breakout year.

Yep, it's always next year... next year...

16 years since we won a conference title.

I really want to be positive, and as the season gets closer it gets a little easier to drink the kool-aid. But that said, I still think "best case" is 8-4. I think the Huskers lose to Oregon, Wisc, Ohio State, and Iowa. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a loss to either NW or Indiana, if not both.

I'm going to write of my pessimism as a subconscious "defense mechanism" to save you guys the trouble... :thumbs

I just think the chances are better than 50-50 that we win the west and play in Indy. A very experienced QB who has demonstrated his ability to play at an excellent level. I understand he has also had those not so pretty games or stretches during games. But time and practice do have a way of reducing the errors as repetition does this for almost everyone. There really is a great deal of maturity and confidence and so on that comes as an 19 year old 'kid' becomes a 21 year old 'man'. He can (and I believe he will) get the entire offense to play at a much higher, consistent level this fall. Seniors who have been there and done that a bunch of times just make better judgments, etc. Will he make some mistakes? Certainly as everybody does. But the number and severity should decrease markedly. Newby, Zig and even Wilbon will be more mature and presumably be in better shape (stronger certainly). They too will have another bunch of repetitions and as they say 'the game will slow down a bit' and their athletic ability will show through. Receivers are clearly up to the task. Expect the offense to score more, get more first downs and help keep the field position to our advantage. I expect the number of punts to drop by 15% or more. Punt average may be shortened as Sam will have show he can aim those kicks inside the 10 more.

Defense will be interesting but IF those front four can stop the run and chase the QB, we will be improved. Look for more takeaways as our LBs and seconday will be better.

I just think the chances are better than 50-50 that we win the west and play in Indy. A very experienced QB who has demonstrated his ability to play at an excellent level. I understand he has also had those not so pretty games or stretches during games. But time and practice do have a way of reducing the errors as repetition does this for almost everyone. There really is a great deal of maturity and confidence and so on that comes as an 19 year old 'kid' becomes a 21 year old 'man'. He can (and I believe he will) get the entire offense to play at a much higher, consistent level this fall. Seniors who have been there and done that a bunch of times just make better judgments, etc. Will he make some mistakes? Certainly as everybody does. But the number and severity should decrease markedly. Newby, Zig and even Wilbon will be more mature and presumably be in better shape (stronger certainly). They too will have another bunch of repetitions and as they say 'the game will slow down a bit' and their athletic ability will show through. Receivers are clearly up to the task. Expect the offense to score more, get more first downs and help keep the field position to our advantage. I expect the number of punts to drop by 15% or more. Punt average may be shortened as Sam will have show he can aim those kicks inside the 10 more.

Defense will be interesting but IF those front four can stop the run and chase the QB, we will be improved. Look for more takeaways as our LBs and seconday will be better.

So you feel optimistic enough that Tommy is over the hump huh! Going into his 5th yr I would sure in the hell hope so! He has serious issues with seeing the field, doesn't throw with touch but other than that it all good lol

• Fire 1

Yep, it's always next year... next year...

16 years since we won a conference title.

Just using common sense. We are starting a bunch of young athletic talent on Defense and Offenseive line. Raw talent that will be really good after a season under their belts. That will also be when we are deeper at a few key spots and it will be the 3rd year under Riley with the type of QB he wants to use. All signs would point to a big year in 2017 if things unfold as they should.

It was always "next year" under Bo beacause we hit the ceiling in year one of his regime. And with that I'm out because I know full well where the thread is headed.

• Fire 1

The Huskers will never (edit) lose less than 4 games again until the Solich curse is ended. Invite Solich back to NU for a ceremony celebrating his many years of playing, coaching as an assistant, and being head coach. Give him a lifetime achievement award or something else to honor him. That should end the curse and the 4 loss limit will be over. :)

• Fire 2

I think we will upset two teams this year; but we will suffer to defeats at the hands of a lesser opponent.

I think we upset Wisky; and I think we beat Iowa (not sure if this counts as an upset; though).

People are down on Oregon; but they actually had a good season, and I see them having a similar season. I don't see us keeping up with them or Ohio St.

We have to go to Indiana; should be a win, but I'm a little nervous; but they have lost some key talent and have a ? at QB - Win

I just get a feeling we will lose one at home to either Fresno or Minn. I think we beat Northwestern away, though.

I think we go 9-3 and lose in CCG; That would be a good season in my eyes, considering it is Riley's 2nd season (as long as those losses aren't blowouts... We don't like blowout losses).

The Huskers will never win 10 games again until the Solich curse is ended. Invite Solich back to NU for a ceremony celebrating his many years of playing, coaching as an assistant, and being head coach. Give him a lifetime achievement award or something else to honor him. That should end the curse and the nine win limit will be over. :)

This situation tends to be framed from the fan's perspective without asking one critical question: would Solich even want to accept an invitation like that? He's been reached out to numerous times to discuss Husker football, or what happened last decade, and he has turned them down. The only time we've even seen his face recently, at least that I can remember, is when he agreed to deliver a 300 sellout message.

I think Solich is content to leave well enough alone.