I think the team comes together after the loss of Sam Foltz and comes out hot. But the end of the season is rough due to lack of experienced depth along the defensive line and we lose a few games.

9-3 regular season with a Big Ten title game appearance.

Injuries could devastate this team. We aren't deep enough to overcome normal attrition. We need to be healthier than average this year to have a decent record.

Depends on the position but yeah it really could. We need a solid year from key spots without having to plug holes because of injury or lack of production. To finish atop the West, we need a solid team for 12 weeks.

Excuses no's... 10,678,416... 10,678,417.

Excuses... and more excuses... and more excuses... and more excuses... and on and on and on... never ending...

No more excuses !

• Fire 1

My buddy lives right near Bloomington… Actually right by the stadium. Can you tell me what it's like on game day and are the bars a lot of fun?

Very lively on gameday's. IU tailgating is very good, we just don't get the students to go into the games.

As for the bars--- IU has been voted the #1 party school through the eons of history by multiple publications in a plethora of years. Just know it's a very, very fun town.

Bars: Nick's English Hut. Get the BBQ Stromboli. It's big time.

• Fire 1

I think the team comes together after the loss of Sam Foltz and comes out hot. But the end of the season is rough due to lack of experienced depth along the defensive line and we lose a few games.

Injuries could devastate this team. We aren't deep enough to overcome normal attrition. We need to be healthier than average this year to have a decent record.

Depends on the position but yeah it really could. We need a solid year from key spots without having to plug holes because of injury or lack of production. To finish atop the West, we need a solid team for 12 weeks.

Excuses... and more excuses... and more excuses... and more excuses... and on and on and on... never ending...

No more excuses !

Cool story bro, buh bye.

This team is as deep as 90 to95% of teams in the country. So it should be able to finish in the top 5% to 10% and no worse than top 20% this season, even with injuries.

Name a season where the previous HC's who won at least 9 games didn't lose a key contributor or more to injury.

#tiredoftheexcusemaking

Where in the hell are you getting those percentages?
Where are you and others getting ones that pretend like we are deathly thin compared to be rest of the field?

We have a talented roster. Adjusted for attrition, it's a top 25 roster. That means it's probably pretty much in a dead heat with numbers 11-35, give or take some spots. With 128 teams in FBS, that puts us solidly among the top 15%. I gave a little bump i guess because I'm a bit of a homer for our players. And because we are way out ahead of most of our scheduled opponents.

Point is, NU's roster is not as thin as those propositioning excuses would like to believe.

Notice in my original post that I said inexperienced depth. Meaning that there's certainly warm bodies there but they have little to no actual playing time.

This team is as deep as 90 to95% of teams in the country. So it should be able to finish in the top 5% to 10% and no worse than top 20% this season, even with injuries.

Name a season where the previous HC's who won at least 9 games didn't lose a key contributor or more to injury.

#tiredoftheexcusemaking

Where are you and others getting ones that pretend like we are deathly thin compared to be rest of the field?

We have a talented roster. Adjusted for attrition, it's a top 25 roster. That means it's probably pretty much in a dead heat with numbers 11-35, give or take some spots. With 128 teams in FBS, that puts us solidly among the top 15%. I gave a little bump i guess because I'm a bit of a homer for our players. And because we are way out ahead of most of our scheduled opponents.

Point is, NU's roster is not as thin as those propositioning excuses would like to believe.

Notice in my original post that I said inexperienced depth. Meaning that there's certainly warm bodies there but they have little to no actual playing time.
Inexperienced depth is an excuse though, you see?

#ScrewLogic

#tiredoftheexcusemaking

What teams do you think we beat and lose to this year?

No more excuses !

whine number 10,678,418

#tiredoftheexcusemaking

That's reality for most teams.

In '98, we had to replace 4 starters and 5 of the top 6 across the OL along with a bunch of skill players including the QB.

It's reality of CFB that you aren't going to be 2 deep across the board with game tested experience players.

It's implified by our current OL coach's approach to not giving backup players reps.

#tiredoftheexcusemaking

Inexperienced depth is an excuse though, you see?

#ScrewLogic

If it's an excuse, then it's an excuse for almost every team in the country.

#dealinreality

#stopapplyingadoublestandard

It's also a reality that players at the other schools around the country who are in the two deep have probably actually played in a college game before. We on the other hand don't have that. So I was simply saying that the wear and tear of the season could catch up to them later in the year.

Take it fwiw.

• Fire 1

It's also a reality that players at the other schools around the country who are in the two deep have probably actually played in a college game before. We on the other hand don't have that. So I was simply saying that the wear and tear of the season could catch up to them later in the year.

Take it fwiw.

I don't think we'll have very many players on our two-deep that haven't played. OL would be the worst - that was mostly self-inflicted but still not much experience. Not much at DL. But other than that (yes, I realize that's 9 out of 22), we actually have about as much experience coming back as we'll ever have.

Take it fwiw.

I don't think we'll have very many players on our two-deep that haven't played. OL would be the worst - that was mostly self-inflicted but still not much experience. Not much at DL. But other than that (yes, I realize that's 9 out of 22), we actually have about as much experience coming back as we'll ever have.

The problem here is that you mentioned O line as the worst. We need that area to excel. We know what we have in Tommy, he needs strong protection to flourish.

Take it fwiw.

The problem here is that you mentioned O line as the worst. We need that area to excel. We know what we have in Tommy, he needs strong protection to flourish.

I don't disagree. Which is why I'm puzzled by the insistence to not rotate at all.

Strong protection would help TA but we gave up about the fewest sacks in the nation last year. TA deserves some of the credit for that as well but I don't think our protection was bad at all. What would help TA the most is using a game plan that plays more to his strengths.

Take it fwiw.

I don't disagree. Which is why I'm puzzled by the insistence to not rotate at all.

Strong protection would help TA but we gave up about the fewest sacks in the nation last year. TA deserves some of the credit for that as well but I don't think our protection was bad at all. What would help TA the most is using a game plan that plays more to his strengths.

If the rumors of the staff taking the training wheels off him and letting him move naturally come to fruition it will solve a lot of that.