Finally Going to Lincoln

I believe the stadium will open on Saturday at 1:00, as kickoff is at 2:30. I may be wrong. Memorial stadium is an awesome experience, have fun and GBR!

I echo Houston's comments...there is no place like Nebraska on gameday. The gates used to always open 90 minutes before game time, but I believe a game I went to last year didn't open until 60 minutes before game time.

Also, tomorrow the BTN Show will be live in Lincoln, so you should check that out. A couple new places they have downtown I liked:

1. Burgify-It's a burger joint with some good burgers.

2. Hurt's donuts-The line will be long, but they have some really unique donuts that are popular.

I believe the stadium will open on Saturday at 1:00, as kickoff is at 2:30. I may be wrong. Memorial stadium is an awesome experience, have fun and GBR!

I echo Houston's comments...there is no place like Nebraska on gameday. The gates used to always open 90 minutes before game time, but I believe a game I went to last year didn't open until 60 minutes before game time.

Also, tomorrow the BTN Show will be live in Lincoln, so you should check that out. A couple new places they have downtown I liked:

1. Burgify-It's a burger joint with some good burgers.

2. Hurt's donuts-The line will be long, but they have some really unique donuts that are popular.

I'm gonna have to echo the burgify recommendation. For home gamedays they've had a $5 meal deal with a good sized burger and fries. Hurt's donuts is also really good!

Lifelong Cornhusker fan as well and I got the absolute joy to see my first game in Nebraska against Fresno State. Absolutely amazing experience, the whole thing was a weekend I will never forget. I have no shame in saying there were tears when the tunnel walk began.

So awesome boneyard...I was at that game too with my son (it was an 8-hour drive). We had a great time and glad to see you got to experience your first game at Memorial Stadium.

• Fire 1

Lifelong Cornhusker fan as well and I got the absolute joy to see my first game in Nebraska against Fresno State. Absolutely amazing experience, the whole thing was a weekend I will never forget. I have no shame in saying there were tears when the tunnel walk began.

So awesome boneyard...I was at that game too with my son (it was an 8-hour drive). We had a great time and glad to see you got to experience your first game at Memorial Stadium.

Thank you. We live on the west coast so we flew in Friday, enjoyed some great food in downtown Lincoln, toured outside the stadium and then experienced game day in Lincoln. I won't tell my wife this, but that might have been the best day of my life.

Does anyone know if security is strict about the no drinking in Haymarket? I've heard just put it in red solo cups and that is adequate. First time trying to tailgate before the game

Red cups are always full of alcohol. Just don't advertise what you're drinking and you shouldn't have an issue. Also, if you are a cannabis smoker (Oregon visitors asked this question a few times), keep it on the DL, best bet is to avoid crowds or go back to your car and not advertise or tempt fate. Enjoy the game!

Thank you. We live on the west coast so we flew in Friday, enjoyed some great food in downtown Lincoln, toured outside the stadium and then experienced game day in Lincoln. I won't tell my wife this, but that might have been the best day of my life.

Wow, that is so cool. Did you feel the earthquake? We were on the top floor of the Holiday Inn and our entire room was shaking.

Wow, that is so cool. Did you feel the earthquake? We were on the top floor of the Holiday Inn and our entire room was shaking.

No. Everyone talked about it but we never felt it.

After the experience I do plan on buying a vacation home in Lincoln for when I retire I can spend Falls in Lincoln, NE. As many retirees will buy vacation homes in tropical areas to go for the Winter, I intend on spending Falls in Nebraska with hopes of getting game tickets too, but if I can't get tickets just experiencing downtown Lincoln on game day is a treat.

3gunhusker - Very cool, about getting to your first game! I'm happy for you.

I remember my first game, my dad took me to the Iowa State game in 1987, I was 11. Coming up the dark ramp and catching the bright sun when we emerged, I saw that green field and the red N, and I remember holding back tears and my throat quivering as I tried hard not to cry because I didn't want my dad to see me cry, even happy tears! Haha.

You can't go wrong with anybody's advice on where to go or what to see. Have a great trip and enjoy the game !

• Fire 1

Flying in tommorrow. What time does the stadium open? Also, which side of the stadium has the TO-berringer statue?

Thank you-can't wait!!

The statue is outside the entrance to the North Stadium lobby. Inside you'll find all the bowl/championship trophies, the Heisman room, etc., and if you go on a Friday you can probably get a tour that will take you through the weight room as well.

Also, I think the north stadium lobby is where the beautiful "Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football" is in the lobby. It's a great photo.

Flying in tommorrow. What time does the stadium open? Also, which side of the stadium has the TO-berringer statue?

Thank you-can't wait!!

The statue is outside the entrance to the North Stadium lobby. Inside you'll find all the bowl/championship trophies, the Heisman room, etc., and if you go on a Friday you can probably get a tour that will take you through the weight room as well.

Also, I think the north stadium lobby is where the beautiful "Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football" is in the lobby. It's a great photo.

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's in East stadium.

life long husker fan-long time husker board lurker, first post. been following the cornhuskers since i was a kid. always looked forward to the day after thanksgiving to watch nebraska and oklahoma. just an old west coast guy that hates the forward pass and bleeds big red. fast forward to today-starting to cross off my bucket list items and will finally be coming to memorial stadium to watch a game. already scored game tickets in the west stadium outdoor club section (paid thru the nose, but i'm gonna do it right). anyways, any tips on attending my first game in lincoln? i'll be there for the homecoming game against illinois.

can't wait to get there!

and thank you all for having this forum...i visit here daily.

If you have time on Sunday, I recommend going to BlueBlood Brewing Co. They just reopened Robber's Cave after 20-some years. You can get good food, good beer, and a tour of Robber's cave

http://bluebloodbrewing.com