A man you can bait with a Tweet

Trump is a low-grade internet troll. It's stunning that he can tweet such complete s--- and still have millions of Americans voting for him.

The vulnerabilities of our system are on full display. That system rests in no small part on norms and a civic tradition that distinguishes it from failing, collapsing democracies elsewhere in the world. It's not clear that we will always give a darn about those norms, or indeed if we still do.

Sooooo......he's basically admitting that having Mark Cuban in the front row is going to distract him and fluster him??? To my knowledge, the main thing Cuban has done is offer millions of dollars to Trump (or his charity of choice) to interview him. Is he really that scared to do that that the site of Cuban flusters him????

Yes, yes he is. AND Cuban supported him until somewhat recently ... an interesting perspective for sure. I'd love to see those two go at it. He would eat him alive.

Sooooo......he's basically admitting that having Mark Cuban in the front row is going to distract him and fluster him??? To my knowledge, the main thing Cuban has done is offer millions of dollars to Trump (or his charity of choice) to interview him. Is he really that scared to do that that the site of Cuban flusters him????

Yes, yes he is. AND Cuban supported him until somewhat recently ... an interesting perspective for sure. I'd love to see those two go at it. He would eat him alive.

And...so....this guy is mentally stable enough to be run our country????

The Cubes' previous support for Donald could best be described as half-hearted. I think he was excited a non-politician from the business world was giving it a run, and felt like there was real opportunity to make hay there. Then he saw what kind of campaign Trump was running, and pretty much started putting him on blast then and there.

So I'm assuming he's a guy of at least some level of integrity. Plus I heard him and Trump actually kind of hate each other from an interaction dating back years at a party where they pretty much tried to have a dick measuring contest over whose net worth was more.

On mobile so can't quote, but here's Cuban on Trump:

BW (8/4/16): Why did you decide to endorse Clinton?

Cuban: When Trump first declared his candidacy, I was truly excited about the possibilities. I liked the idea that someone from outside the realm of traditional politics was making a run for the presidency. I liked the idea that he was unrehearsed and still think in the long run the country will learn quite a bit from his campaign. I also had a very strong dislike for Ted Cruz. I was an anybody but Cruz voter. Cruz is a smart demagogue. To me that is a very dangerous combination. So in my initial support for Trump, it was very much in a hope that it would prevent Cruz from being nominated.

My comments about Trump and my opposition to Cruz led to my being able to talk to Trump over the phone and via e-mail by way of one of his assistants. In those conversations, I was clear to Donald that I didnt agree with most of what he said. I also got the chance to ask him some poignant questions along the way that I think were very telling. I asked him if he realized that the job would entail making decisions that could lead to the death of our service people. I asked him about going to small businesses so he could connect and show people his business skills. Im not going to share his responses, but I learned more about him from those responses.

Once he won the Republican primary, I honestly expected that he would start to become more businesslike. That he would start to add details to his top-line proposals. That he would demonstrate that he was learning the issues that he could face as president. I didnt see him making progress or even effort on any of those fronts. But that alone wasnt enough for me to endorse Secretary Clinton. I have been in the public eye for a long time and have never actively supported any candidate. There were two things that finally led me to endorse Secretary Clinton: The first was that I did quite a bit of homework to understand all the allegations that were directed toward her and found almost all not based on fact and the remainder far from material. The tipping issues were Trumps positions on NATO, our treaties, dealing with our allies, his comments on nuclear weapons, and his lack of understanding of the concept of deterrence. His ignorance of these issues scared the sh#t out of me.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-america-divided/mark-cuban/

• Fire 4

On mobile so can't quote, but here's Cuban on Trump:

BW (8/4/16): Why did you decide to endorse Clinton?

Cuban: When Trump first declared his candidacy, I was truly excited about the possibilities. I liked the idea that someone from outside the realm of traditional politics was making a run for the presidency. I liked the idea that he was unrehearsed and still think in the long run the country will learn quite a bit from his campaign. I also had a very strong dislike for Ted Cruz. I was an anybody but Cruz voter. Cruz is a smart demagogue. To me that is a very dangerous combination. So in my initial support for Trump, it was very much in a hope that it would prevent Cruz from being nominated.

My comments about Trump and my opposition to Cruz led to my being able to talk to Trump over the phone and via e-mail by way of one of his assistants. In those conversations, I was clear to Donald that I didnt agree with most of what he said. I also got the chance to ask him some poignant questions along the way that I think were very telling. I asked him if he realized that the job would entail making decisions that could lead to the death of our service people. I asked him about going to small businesses so he could connect and show people his business skills. Im not going to share his responses, but I learned more about him from those responses.

Once he won the Republican primary, I honestly expected that he would start to become more businesslike. That he would start to add details to his top-line proposals. That he would demonstrate that he was learning the issues that he could face as president. I didnt see him making progress or even effort on any of those fronts. But that alone wasnt enough for me to endorse Secretary Clinton. I have been in the public eye for a long time and have never actively supported any candidate. There were two things that finally led me to endorse Secretary Clinton: The first was that I did quite a bit of homework to understand all the allegations that were directed toward her and found almost all not based on fact and the remainder far from material. The tipping issues were Trumps positions on NATO, our treaties, dealing with our allies, his comments on nuclear weapons, and his lack of understanding of the concept of deterrence. His ignorance of these issues scared the sh#t out of me.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-america-divided/mark-cuban/

That last paragraph pretty much sums up where I'm at. This idiot scares the crap out of me. Having someone that immature and so arrogant that he thinks he doesn't need to change or learn anything more about the issues and that he is smarter than anyone else.......THAT is a bad recipe for disaster.

• Fire 2

Uh ooooo ... won't release his personal tax returns, but the "foundations' have been pretty eye opening:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-foundation-lacks-the-certification-required-for-charities-that-solicit-money/2016/09/29/7dac6a68-8658-11e6-ac72-a29979381495_story.html

Interesting breakdown on NPR today as well - (happens to be an interview w/the same journalist who has uncovered the info that the NY Attny used to open the case);

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/28/495782978/journalist-says-trump-foundation-may-have-engaged-in-self-dealing

• Fire 1

That NPR report is particularly worth a detailed read, or listen. Eye-opening reporting from David Fahrenthold.

The interesting thing, when I called the Trump campaign once we discovered that a lot of the money going into the Trump Foundation was, as I said, money owed to Trump that he diverted to the foundation, that's fine. You've got to pay income taxes on it. When we called them to ask, OK, did Trump really pay income taxes on that? The answer was really unusual. The answer was actually that's totally wrong. Instead, Donald Trump has been guided his entire life by an obscure 1942 Court decision - IRS commissioner v. Giannini. And it holds that you don't have to pay income taxes if you don't tell people where to give the money. So their contention was there were instances where people owed Trump money, and he said, no, I don't want it. I reject your money. I renounce it. But you should maybe think about giving it to some charity somewhere and - not telling them the Donald J. Trump Foundation, just telling them give it to a charity. And then some of them did, in fact, give to the Trump Foundation, and that's how the money comes in. And under that logic, Trump wouldn't have to pay income taxes.

Now, that's a complicated set of things for Trump to have done every time. And I said, well, tell me an instance where that actually happened, where this whole complicated theory you're talking about was put into practice. And they couldn't give me one. So it doesn't seem like their approach, at least right off the bat was to say, oh, yes, that's right. He should have paid income taxes, and he did.

:o

• Fire 2