Fall Camp Position Battles - Offensive Line

I'm guessing Wilson is getting the look instead of Raridon in part due to size.

In their recruiting profiles, Raridon was 258 while Wilson was 290. (Per 247)

This Foster injury really sucks.

Huskers.com has Raridon and Wilson listed at 275 and 295 respectively. Even if he actually is 275 that's still a tad small for me at guard. Sounds like Boe is the way to go for now. Line injuries are the worst, especially when your best option for next man up is a true freshman. I hope it works out.

Once again this is another example of why coaches must play the second and third string guys in games. You can't run a college football program like an NFL team with half a dozen back ups for a dozen spots. You need at least 5 tackles and 5 guards and 3 centers ready to go each fall. A couple of those guys must be ready to swap positions in addition. You can lose three starters before the second game kicks off. You build a winning team, like any other structure or organization, from the ground up. The foundation is the O line and D line. Most agree with this. We are apparently about 4 scholarship linemen away from where we should be. We better get some more walk ons and build them up to contribute at least about 15 snaps a game. One guard goes down and there seems to be panic. Nonsense.

Ummm...actually two guards went down (Foster, Barnett) so we are talking about the third string guy.

This is also just the guard on one side. We still have Farmer and Whitaker on the other side along with other freshmen.

Nobody is panicking. The injuries suck. I'm confident the staff will find guys to fill the spots.