RB Daniel Young [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Texas it is

Who voted for: Texas

Mavric, Cornhole, seaofred92, nphuskers12, Bball1091, sho, Dillrp4NU, Touchdown Tommie, Warrior10, Squeaks, HuskermanMike, huskerfan92, AZRaiderH8r, smurphy14, Blackshirt_Simonsen, swmohusker, LumberJackSker, huskered17, Roger Dorn, BigRedBuster, papio2chi, Judoka, HuskerExpat, Jackskers83, Huskers44, Crashman44b, TheGainfulHusker, Norhusker, CMT1525, NM11046, SUHperman, bugeater17, PlainsWarrior26, HuskerSG, Dr. Strangelove, Six pack

So basically he just followed Tom Herman.

Who wouldn't guy can coach

Jury's still out

Remind me what his record was during his tenure at Houston? Didn't he beat OU the first game of the year and spanked Florida State last year in the Peach Bowl.

Herman was also the offensive coordinator for Iowa State (09'-11') which beat us at home in 09' and nearly beat us again in 10'. He also thumped on Nebraska his first year as Ohio States offensive coordinator in 2012.

I'd take Herman over Riley.....that's not even debatable

Jury's still out
Remind me what his record was during his tenure at Houston? Didn't he beat OU the first game of the year and spanked Florida State last year in the Peach Bowl.

Herman was also the offensive coordinator for Iowa State (09'-11') which beat us at home in 09' and nearly beat us again in 10'. He also thumped on Nebraska his first year as Ohio States offensive coordinator in 2012.

What was his record at UH this year again? Never said the man couldn't coach. However, the jury is still out on whether he can be successful as the head guy.

Jury's still out

What was his record at UH this year again? Never said the man couldn't coach. However, the jury is still out on whether he can be successful as the head guy.

You literally replied to someone who said "guy can coach" with "Jury's still out".

"Never said the man couldn't coach"? That's exactly what you did..

I think its fair to say that the jury is still out. I fully expect Herman to do very well, but the jury is still out imo.... There are plenty of examples of good coaches not succeeding at new jobs - Steve Spurrier, Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly, Nick Saban (Miami Dolphis), ect, ect.... Even in Houston's recent history you have examples of Art Briles and Kevin Sumlin who were both fairly successful at Houston before moving to another coaching gig. And not to say that Sumlin and Briles haven't had good success since leaving Houston, but its not like they won any National Titles either.... Would a Kevin Sumlin level of success keep Longhorn fans happy for more than 4 or 5 years? What if they don't beat OU anytime within the next 3 or 4 years? That seems very possible with the current state of OU and Texas football right now, and if that happens, Herman will be on the hot seat for sure.