Tangent Thread - Fall Camp Edition

Osborne and Steele hid a gun for Tyrone Williams for piss sakes. Get real people #WIN

The mischaracterizations and revisionisms continue. All to defend what?

It's well documented that this did in fact happen, so what are you on about?

Documented based on a zealous prosecutor is not proof of what in fact happened, let alone why it happened (i.e., it doesn't prove motive or intent to hide).

What is undisputed Is that it was held for two days and given to police when asked for (and after the staff had notified police of its existence).

Hiding a gun is not done that way. Or do you think they are stupid?

Also, what was the end result of that investigation?

Osborne and Steele hid a gun for Tyrone Williams for piss sakes. Get real people #WIN

Documented based on a zealous prosecutor is not proof of what in fact happened, let alone why it happened (i.e., it doesn't prove motive or intent to hide).

What is undisputed Is that it was held for two days and given to police when asked for (and after the staff had notified police of its existence).

I'll just say that you are truly naive about this or just don't want to admit when certain people are in the wrong

• Fire 1

lol

"Osborne hid a gun."

"WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA STOP MISCHARACTERIZING he just held onto it in a safe for a few days and then gave it to police that's not hiding it enough with the revisionist history WHAT'S YOUR POINT"

• Fire 2

You are absolutely correct. He didn't hide it.

Osborne was just holding the gun for the police. But since the police didn't ask for it, he didn't think it was necessary to offer it up.

Osborne was just holding the gun for the police. But since the police didn't ask for it, he didn't think it was necessary to offer it up.

Again, this is the version supplied by a single prosecutor (Lacey).

Other versions (also from police) include that Osborne notified police of the gun and gave it to them once they sent a person to retrieve it.

(A) does anyone honestly believe that a person who intends to hide a gun (a serious offense) would notify police and keep it at his offices?

(B) was Osborne or anyone else charged based on Lacey's rendition of the "facts"? Was it all a vast conspiracy of cover up?

Of course none of this has anything to do with Keith Williams, but it does continue a trend of trashing our past to justify our present.

Hiding evidence is a serious offense.

Did they just elect to not charge Osborne or the other coaches?

What happen in that underlying Williams investigation?

There's still a lot of the information online if you google ...

I'm quite familiar with that case and situation. These are questions for those who seem less versed and more willing to just accept what a prosecutor put out in the press (but never proved up in any formal setting).

He should be behind bars. Doesn't necessarily mean he will be. He should be fired. Doesn't necessarily mean he will be.

Kind of surprised a college football coach wouldn't be able to hire a lawyer to get him out of a couple DUI convictions. I know a guy who makes considerably less and has gotten out of 11 (and counting).

My wife's cousin has gotten out of at least 3.

I'm quite familiar with that case and situation. These are questions for those who seem less versed and more willing to just accept what a prosecutor put out in the press (but never proved up in any formal setting).

Sorry - didn't catch the sarcasm in your questions.

This is lame.

If this is the incident I'm thinking of, the player asked Osborne to hold the gun for him and Osborne did it not knowing the weapon had been used in the commission of a crime. Osborne came forward immediately when certain facts came to light.

Sorry - didn't catch the sarcasm in your questions.

It wasn't sarcasm. It was simply rhetorical. THe point is, Osborne and his coaches were never even investigated in a formal way and Williams was acquitted of the shooting charge.

I have a problem with people going off of a prosecutors press releases.

Again, this is the version supplied by a single prosecutor (Lacey).

Other versions (also from police) include that Osborne notified police of the gun and gave it to them once they sent a person to retrieve it.

(A) does anyone honestly believe that a person who intends to hide a gun (a serious offense) would notify police and keep it at his offices?

(B) was Osborne or anyone else charged based on Lacey's rendition of the "facts"? Was it all a vast conspiracy of cover up?

Of course none of this has anything to do with Keith Williams, but it does continue a trend of trashing our past to justify our present.

When his actions came to light, Osborne said, "Frankly, if

anybody had asked, we would have given it to them sooner. No

charges had been filed, so we didn't think anybody was anxious

about it."