Hillary: If you don't believe according to the government you must change.

I'm still trying to figure out how many people need to be deported. How big is this problem? :dunno

Do you think everyday citizens should decide this? If not, then you agree your question is silly.

You have a strong opinion on who should be allowed in/deported, but his question on how many should be deported is silly?

What?

I will ask you.. DO you think everyday citizens should decide this? So Strong opinion now gives me the power to deport whoever I want?

Silly!

Buster isn't asking you to personally decide which people to deport. He's asking your opinion, since you have a strong opinion on the subject. Your responses to his question are a hell of a lot sillier than the question itself.

Me having an opinion on that matter has nothing to do with how many would actually need to be deported. I know you think you have some kind of gotcha but you don't.

A government agency would decide that, and if it is only one person and it makes this country safer, then so be it. If it is 10,000, then so be it. My opinion on numbers would be meaningless.

I don't even know what a gotcha is. That's some bullsh#t Sara Palin made up when she didn't want to answer a simple question or didn't know how.

Actually, attacks worldwide SHOULD play a huge part in such an action, ignoring those attacks is just plain, well, ignorant.

Who said they aren't considered? Banning an entire religion from immigrating when a small minority cause problems is just, well, plain ignorant.

We're not talking about attacks around the world. We're talking about attacks here in the US by immigrants and foreign nationals, and the fear of an attack occurring here. I'm telling you that fear is, by the numbers, largely unjustified.

Well, you sure made it sound like you were saying it with your comment above.

Obviously you need to consider the big picture and any attack that occurs outside the US. If violence in regions is escalating, then people from those regions require more scrutiny, that's a no brainer. You also need to consider the micro level here at home though, which is arguably most important. That's what I meant. We don't have nearly the problems that the rest of the world has from immigrants/refugees. We also do a decent job of vetting our refugees, and immigrants recieve several checks as well. So why do we need to ban an entire religion from entering due to the problems caused by a small minority, i.e. one person?

To the bold, do you have any facts to back this or is it just your opinion?

Your continued stance on this being one person is clearly showing your lack if understanding. The US has had 5 attacks that were ISIS inspired, citizen or not. That is more than one person. I also posted a link in a different thread that showed a number of muslim boys attacking a girl and quoting sharia law. I am not going to bother looking for it, now though.

How am I being ignorant? You want to deport all muslims refugees/immigrants (and maybe US citizens? I haven't heard you say this though) You can't deport a US born US citizen... so that is entirely different issue. If were going to talk about that let's do it, but were talking about immigrants and refugees committing these acts here in the US as grounds to kick every muslim out.

Middle of the article has a high level summary of immigrant screening process:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/08/16/politics/how-us-vets-immigrants-donald-trump-extreme-vetting/index.html?client=ms-android-verizon

Syrian Refugee Screening circa 2015:

http://time.com/4116619/syrian-refugees-screening-process/

Has the system been successful so far?

The security checks have a pretty good record. Since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the U.S. has admitted some 750,000 refugees. None have been arrested on domestic terrorism charges, though twoa pair of Iraqis in Kentuckywere charged with terrorist activities connected to aiding al-Qaeda.

So 2 refugees were charge with activities related to terrorism, 1 immigrant actually comitted a henious act, a couple boys beat a girl, maybe a few more incidents we're aren't aware of... So out of all refugees (a much smaller number than refugees and immigrants combined I would assume), let's spot you 500 individuals (pretty generous I think), that means 0.07% have comitted serious acts... and you want to ban em all...

I'm still trying to figure out how many people need to be deported. How big is this problem? :dunno

Do you think everyday citizens should decide this? If not, then you agree your question is silly.

You have a strong opinion on who should be allowed in/deported, but his question on how many should be deported is silly?

What?

I will ask you.. DO you think everyday citizens should decide this? So Strong opinion now gives me the power to deport whoever I want?

Silly!

Buster isn't asking you to personally decide which people to deport. He's asking your opinion, since you have a strong opinion on the subject. Your responses to his question are a hell of a lot sillier than the question itself.

Me having an opinion on that matter has nothing to do with how many would actually need to be deported. I know you think you have some kind of gotcha but you don't.

A government agency would decide that, and if it is only one person and it makes this country safer, then so be it. If it is 10,000, then so be it. My opinion on numbers would be meaningless.

I don't even know what a gotcha is. That's some bullsh#t Sara Palin made up when she didn't want to answer a simple question or didn't know how.

right, of course you don't!! :thumbs

What?

Silly!

right, of course you don't!! :thumbs

Exactly. It's some bullsh#t Sara Palin made up when she didn't want to answer a simple question or didn't know how. It's not a real thing.

• Fire 2

What?

Silly!

Well, I'm trying to grasp your opinion and trying to figure out if it's a reasonable step to take. I have no desire to have a "gotcha" moment. I'm trying to have a discussion. Usually when people have an opinion, they don't mind simple questions about that opinion as to how it would be implemented and function.

You first said that anyone carrying out terrorist acts should be deported. Then you went to anyone plotting to carry out attacks.

Let's say there are 2,000,000 muslims in the US. What percentage of those do you think are plotting against us? And, legally, how do you think that will work if we have to deport American Citizens?

What?

Silly!

Well, I'm trying to grasp your opinion and trying to figure out if it's a reasonable step to take. I have no desire to have a "gotcha" moment. I'm trying to have a discussion. Usually when people have an opinion, they don't mind simple questions about that opinion as to how it would be implemented and function.

You first said that anyone carrying out terrorist acts should be deported. Then you went to anyone plotting to carry out attacks.

Let's say there are 2,000,000 muslims in the US. What percentage of those do you think are plotting against us? And, legally, how do you think that will work if we have to deport American Citizens?

To the bold.. No, I have said that anyone that promotes sharia law and acts on it by killing Americans should be deported (I did add no more should be allowed in, but I can adjust that to be a certain time frame, like Jimmy Carter did). You and zrod can't seem to get that fact.

I have zero problem with others questioning my opinion, that isn't what you are doing. You are asking me to make number assumptions on how many (I couldn't possible know that without government intel). We do know about attacks that have happened to this point, those would be gone.. well, in jail. We need to do a better job of watching those people (sharia law backers).

EDIT: if you believe in sharia law, but are accepting of our laws, and are not causing trouble, I have no issues.

You're edit is a much more reasonable stance, but that is not what you originally said...

I would also stop any and all muslims from coming into this country.

The only problem I have with you edit is; we don't deport/do much of anything with soverine citizens they kill cops and don't recognize the federal government or its laws... why should we deport sharia law muslims?

You're edit is a much more reasonable stance, but that is not what you originally said...

The only problem I have with you edit is; we don't deport/do much of anything with soverine citizens they kill cops and don't recognize the federal government or its laws... why should we deport sharia law muslims?

What happened in Oregon recently, or Ruby Ridge, or Waco Texas?

What?

Silly!

To the bold.. No, I have said that anyone that promotes sharia law and acts on it by killing Americans should be deported (I did add no more should be allowed in, but I can adjust that to be a certain time frame, like Jimmy Carter did). You and zrod can't seem to get that fact.

I have zero problem with others questioning my opinion, that isn't what you are doing. You are asking me to make number assumptions on how many (I couldn't possible know that without government intel). We do know about attacks that have happened to this point, those would be gone.. well, in jail. We need to do a better job of watching those people (sharia law backers).

EDIT: if you believe in sharia law, but are accepting of our laws, and are not causing trouble, I have no issues.

Hmmm....OK...thank you for the clarification. I thought when you said, "Believe in Sharia law and killed an American", you meant the Sharia Law caused him to carry out terrorist attacks.

Let me ask you this, let's say we have 30,000 people who go to trial for murder in the US in 2017. Do we at some point in time make a determination that..."hey....this guy believes in Sharia law. DEPORT HIM!!!"? Do we have to clarify somehow in court that the murder was done because of his belief in Sharia Law? OR, are we also deporting the guy who is of Arab decent, was curious so he visited a couple Sharia Law web sites......then ended up in a fight because his neighbor was playing his music too loud and he killed him?

To what extent does someone have to be bought into the Sharia Law?

So, we should deport citizens that kill other citizens?

My preference is throwing them in jail, but it appears 2000 is a little easier on crime than the rest. Whatever, to each their own...

Don't purposefully misrepresent what I have said, thanks.

It'd be a lot easier to do that if anything you said made much rational sense.

• Fire 4

Right. All those incidents had some form of action by the group before law enforcement became invloved... it's not a crime to hold a belief. It is a crime to plot, aid, or otherwise carry out terrorism. Just because you believe in sharia doesn't necessarily mean you are a threat. Plenty of Christians beliebe in abstinence, not using contraceptives, and are prolife; but many have had premarital sex, use contraceptives, or have had some form of an abortion. Just because you identify with a beliefe doesn't mean you follow all its tenets.
  • Fire 1

Right. All those incidents had some form of action by the group before law enforcement became invloved... it's not a crime to hold a belief. It is a crime to plot, aid, or otherwise carry out terrorism. Just because you believe in sharia doesn't necessarily mean you are a threat. Plenty of Christians beliebe in abstinence, not using contraceptives, and are prolife; but many have had premarital sex, use contraceptives, or have had some form of an abortion. Just because you identify with a beliefe doesn't mean you follow all its tenets.

lol, so you agree with what I have been saying.. part of it anyway!