2016 Season Predictions Thread

Mavric

Season Predictions  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm the only one who voted 12-0. This will be the teams ultimate tribute to Sam.

You are supposed to be serious about this, not just be a homer.

Remember Colorado's run to commemorate Sal Aunese? I do. Sal was their star quarterback and he died from stomach cancer. Colorado dedicated their season to Sal and went 11-1 that year their only loss was to Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl.

Maybe the Huskers are serious about remembering Sam on the field. But...I'm just a Homer, what the hell do I know? uhoh.gif

• Fire 1

I find it extraordinarily morbid and inappropriate to try to tie onfield performance to a tragedy.

I get a "give effort in remembrance of..." but I don't get "winning is a tribute to ...."

Anyway, CU's record that year was more a result of McCartney building a program than a tribute to a player. After all, CU went 47-10-4 during the next 5 years with an NC.

• Fire 2

There are still lots of uncertainty especially with the lines and how they game plan. im going with 9-3 right now. The Oregon game I think will be very telling this year. If we can slow down their offense and win that game it will give a good indication of how the season will go. Kind of like the Miami game last year we got hit hard early in that game then couldn't finish. But as of now I'll go 9-3 with losses to Wisconsin, Ohio state, and Iowa

At least no one has picked 6-6 or 5-7 yet. :)

If it wasn't for Sam, I'd say 2 losses to Ohio St. And we win our bowl game for a 12-2 season. This type of success hinges on Mr. Armstrong making good decisions with the ball. He's gotta a bit better each year, hopefully his annual improvement is enough.

With Sam gone, this could change everything. The dedication and focus of the entire team could reach new levels.

I'm the only one who voted 12-0. This will be the teams ultimate tribute to Sam.

You are supposed to be serious about this, not just be a homer.

Remember Colorado's run to commemorate Sal Aunese? I do. Sal was their star quarterback and he died from stomach cancer. Colorado dedicated their season to Sal and went 11-1 that year their only loss was to Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl.

Maybe the Huskers are serious about remembering Sam on the field. But...I'm just a Homer, what the hell do I know? uhoh.gif

So all we had to do was give more "effort more drive " all these years hmmm who would a thunk it.

At least no one has picked 6-6 or 5-7 yet. :)

If it wasn't for Sam, I'd say 2 losses to Ohio St. And we win our bowl game for a 12-2 season. This type of success hinges on Mr. Armstrong making good decisions with the ball. He's gotta a bit better each year, hopefully his annual improvement is enough.

With Sam gone, this could change everything. The dedication and focus of the entire team could reach new levels.

I think there's a better chance of 4-8 than 5-7 or 6-6, because if the wheels come off that bad, they will come all the way off.

I just don't see how this amount of talent could be that badly squandered.

• 2 weeks later...

So one week out the consensus is:

9 wins +/- 1 (received almost 70% of the vote).

All-but-unanimous wins (6): Fresno State, Wyoming, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Maryland

Largely-expected wins (>60%, 2): Northwestern, Indiana

Coin flips (3):Oregon, Wisconsin, Iowa

Expected Loss (1): Ohio State

So at least we're consistent in our voting as the non-Coin-Flip games would put us at 8-1 so the range on the Coin Flips would be 8-4 to 11-1 depending on how things go there. :thumbs