2016 Season Predictions Thread

Mavric

Season Predictions  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we can pull off 9-3 if a different Tommy limits turnovers, even with another bad year on defense.

We'll lose to Wisconsin, but we'll beat Iowa. Wisconsin finally has a tough cross-divisional schedule in having to play at Michigan, at Michigan State, and then Ohio State at home. They should probably lose all three.

I think if we just beat Iowa, we'll make it to Indy. Then Urban Meyer will blow us out for the second time.

9-4 (bowl win):

Losses are:

Oregon...I don't think the defense will keep them down enough.

@Indiana (my one trap game where we lay an egg)

@Wisconsin

@Ohio State

I think we end the year well with a win over Iowa and a bowl win. GBR.

oregons new QB is not really a freak. Could hurt the offense a good bit

• 2 months later...

So one week out the consensus is:

9 wins +/- 1 (received almost 70% of the vote).

All-but-unanimous wins (6): Fresno State, Wyoming, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Maryland

Largely-expected wins (>60%, 2): Northwestern, Indiana

Coin flips (3):Oregon, Wisconsin, Iowa

Expected Loss (1): Ohio State

So at least we're consistent in our voting as the non-Coin-Flip games would put us at 8-1 so the range on the Coin Flips would be 8-4 to 11-1 depending on how things go there. :thumbs

Won all the unanimous votes. Won both the largely-expected. Went 1/3 on coin flips. And .... Ohio State.

I personally hit 9-3 correct. Traded losing to Oregon for beating Wisconsin so not too shabby.

Funny how all the optimism for the potential record going into the season - and all the bitching tonight when we actually came in pretty much right where you all thought we would.

Hoping a good night's sleep takes the edge off some people.

Choosing 9-3 because you don't trust the coaches to win tough games doesn't make 9-3 more palatable.

Funny how all the optimism for the potential record going into the season - and all the bitching tonight when we actually came in pretty much right where you all thought we would.

It's not the number of losses, it's how you lose. And we had two of the worst blow outs in modern Nebraska football this season.

Choosing 9-3 because you don't trust the coaches to win tough games doesn't make 9-3 more palatable.

Guess I didn't read a lot of caveats on "I don't trust the coaches" and "depending on what the spread is" on those guesses of where we'd end up.

The losses suck - all of them. Close ones last year hurt worse for me than the two this year that were not close. Wins are good - all of them. A record is a record at the end of the season.

Onward.

• 8 months later...

There are still lots of uncertainty especially with the lines and how they game plan. im going with 9-3 right now. The Oregon game I think will be very telling this year. If we can slow down their offense and win that game it will give a good indication of how the season will go. Kind of like the Miami game last year we got hit hard early in that game then couldn't finish. But as of now I'll go 9-3 with losses to Wisconsin, Ohio state, and Iowa

You guys should listen to me more

• Fire 2

Pretty good job by HuskerBoard overall:

So one week out the consensus is:

9 wins +/- 1 (received almost 70% of the vote).

All-but-unanimous wins (6): Fresno State, Wyoming, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Maryland

Largely-expected wins (>60%, 2): Northwestern, Indiana

Coin flips (3):Oregon, Wisconsin, Iowa

Expected Loss (1): Ohio State

So at least we're consistent in our voting as the non-Coin-Flip games would put us at 8-1 so the range on the Coin Flips would be 8-4 to 11-1 depending on how things go there. :thumbs

Won all the unanimous votes. Won both the largely-expected. Went 1/3 on coin flips. And .... Ohio State.

I personally hit 9-3 correct. Traded losing to Oregon for beating Wisconsin so not too shabby.

• Fire 1

I said 9-3 with losses to Ohio State because duh, Iowa because eventually the home team is gonna win one again, and Indiana because....hell Idk, maybe Tommy is injured and we are forced to trot Fyfe out there on the road again.

This season is a mystery to me.

Not bad overall. Called Fyfe getting tossed into the fire, just wrong game and circumstance.