The Nebraska Way

The justification of abuse of a woman as a way for them to get compensated is astounding on this board.

Wow....I must have missed that.

You didn't because nobody actually said that.

Yes they did. And one of them is a Mod

Disagree. It's hypothesizing, but nowhere does anyone say "I'm ok with what LP/TO did because the girl got paid."

• Fire 1

The justification of abuse of a woman as a way for them to get compensated is astounding on this board.

Wow....I must have missed that.

You didn't because nobody actually said that.

Yes they did. And one of them is a Mod

I know you can't quote anyone who said that, but can you walk us through how you inferred your conclusion?

• Fire 1

Disagree. It's hypothesizing, but nowhere does anyone say "I'm ok with what LP/TO did because the girl got paid."

You're just heaping sad on top of sad. Stop.

I suspect that even ex-girlfriend Kate McEwen was glad that Lawrence played in the Fiesta Bowl. She sued him in civil court and settled for a stake of his NFL earnings. Not a bad payday for a bump on the head and some heated words.

Look, we all like NUance and we know he doesn't condone domestic violence of any kind. Those were poorly-chosen words and I'm sure everyone is ready to forget it.

So let's stop with the knee-jerk defense, recognize it wasn't the best way to phrase that, and move forward.

The alternative is another two pages of "show me where someone said specifically that" combined with some hurt feelings and deeply entrenched positions over something none of us are particularly interested in arguing about.

You're just heaping sad on top of sad. Stop.

I suspect that even ex-girlfriend Kate McEwen was glad that Lawrence played in the Fiesta Bowl. She sued him in civil court and settled for a stake of his NFL earnings. Not a bad payday for a bump on the head and some heated words.

You conveniently failed to quote the part where NUance states what LP did was a crime. Are you so caught up trying to prove your point that you are not willing to recognize there is some truth in what NUance is saying, that there is in fact such atrocities happening everyday, and that sometimes, it is all about $ and the "Who"?

Again, NUance did not/was not saying LP is, was or should be considered innocent!

Look, we all like NUance and we know he doesn't condone domestic violence of any kind. Those were poorly-chosen words and I'm sure everyone is ready to forget it.

So let's stop with the knee-jerk defense, recognize it wasn't the best way to phrase that, and move forward.

The alternative is another two pages of "show me where someone said specifically that" combined with some hurt feelings and deeply entrenched positions over something none of us are particularly interested in arguing about.

I agree, which is why I said I didn't believe it was a justification. I agree it was a poor choice of words, but I'm pretty sure Nuance doesn't personally think the girl getting assaulted was ok because we won some games and the girl got paid.

I could be completely wrong, but I'm gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt here.

I agree, which is why I said I didn't believe it was a justification. I agree it was a poor choice of words, but I'm pretty sure Nuance doesn't personally think what happened was ok because we won some games and the girl got paid.

I could be completely wrong, but I'm gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt here.

That's all I'm saying.

I'm not going to stop being buddies with the guy over a mistake. It's regretful, but he's still the best IMO.

And oddly, this little kerfluffle is a pretty apt analogy to the Osborne/Phillips issue. Does anyone know for certain that NUance isn't Tom Osborne?

• Fire 1

Not everyone has the ability to word each thought or explanation with perfection. What a concept, being human that is!

Now I have to log the F off so I can go beat my spouse and kids, since I am defending someone who I know is not capable of being that dirty rotten bastard who feels women should be raped because of what they wear!.

Jezuz!

• Fire 1

I agree, which is why I said I didn't believe it was a justification. I agree it was a poor choice of words, but I'm pretty sure Nuance doesn't personally think what happened was ok because we won some games and the girl got paid.

That's all I'm saying.

I'm not going to stop being buddies with the guy over a mistake. It's regretful, but he's still the best IMO.

And oddly, this little kerfluffle is a pretty apt analogy to the Osborne/Phillips issue. Does anyone know for certain that NUance isn't Tom Osborne?

I heard he's Keyser Soze.

Holy crap you guys, this thread is something else. I knew the second it started to stay the hell away from it.

Let's put this into perspective right now. Of those in the midst of this dumpster fire, are any of you directly related to the LP/TO fiasco that happened 20+ years ago?

No?

Okay then, let it the hell go because none of us know any of the real details. As mentioned multiple times already, the truth is a blend of both sides. I mean, NUance is on trial for "using poor word choice".

I repeat, NUANCE! That alone should tell you that most of you taking this personally have gotten WAY too involved with it. I spent 4 days away from the board because of a wedding and a funeral. When I came back, KW had a DUI. So I continued to keep a distance. Now this sh#t show is 5 pages in and getting worse. I've spent the last 2-3 days on ShaggyTexas reading their close minded views about expansion because frankly it's more interesting.

Can't wait for actual kickoff, my lord. 16 days away and THIS is the topic? Yeesh...

• Fire 3