LJS: State of the Program Poll

Mavric

State of the Program  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Do you still consider Nebraska a top tier program?"

My first reaction was to laugh at the 74% that still think this, but it all depends on your own personal definition. To me top tier means a top 10 caliber team that routinely has some say in the national championship. But if you go by facilities, $$$$, etc, yeah we're still top tier by those standards.

• Fire 1

I put "winning record" as a successful season. Guess we've come to take those for granted. Or my expectations have been lowered that much. Sigh.

I wish the question had asked whether winning a majority of divisional games would count as a successful season. Because I'd like to see this staff beat someone else in the West besides Minnesota.

After last year, winning our division would be a pretty successful season imo. We'd have a winning record and we'd get to play in the CCG and likely get a pretty good bowl invite.

Eight wins for Riley and crew to not get fired this year, but that's just me. He won't get fired this year even if he has another losing season, he will get a minimum of 3 years no matter his record in the first two.

I'm pretty optimistic that Riley and crew can at least get us to the CCG at some point in the not so distant future. Riley has shown a willingness to adjust his staff (Hughes getting let go) if need be, and he has a vision for the team. Recruiting is looking better than recent years and if we want to consistently compete for titles then we have to be able to compete with OSU and Michigan every year.

I would like them to do a poll of all the other states and ask if Nebraska is still a top tier program and see how close to 74% it is.

ESPN asked this very question about Nebraska, last year or two, and the only state that saw NU as Top Tier or elite was Nebraska.

I think a fair amount of trolling comes into play, but there is no doubt the clock is ticking. We have 5-10 years before we more closely resemble Minnesota with all their old championships than resembling the Huskers of the 70s-90s. NU needs to get moving quickly in the right direction.

• Fire 1